A lot of people say the food mentioned in the novel American Psycho say it is really gross but I'm not a food expert...

A lot of people say the food mentioned in the novel American Psycho say it is really gross but I'm not a food expert like you Veeky Forumsookers are so I want to know what do you guys think?

I'll name a few of the dishes in the book

Red snapper pizza, sea urchin ceviche, peanut butter soup, lobster with caviar and peach ravioli, quail sashimi with grilled brioche and the baby soft-shell crabs with grape jelly, crawfish gumbo andcharcoal arugula

All of that would be delicious if even acceptably prepared.

skeptical about the urchin ceviche

everything else would taste like shit but that. Are you a plant?

Definitely. As long as it isn't JUST peach in the ravioli but rather a sweet ravioli with sweetness derived from peach with an accompanying sauce to accent that

It's fine but it's just very dated and people's palates have changed and moved on since then.

The entire 80s were gross. BEE today is a fucked up twitter troll. He made one good movie that described the worst of western culture, and then he became the worst..

Nigga did yu even read the book? Its just another example of things being opulent and extravagant for the sake of it, the taste doesn't even fucking matter to the people who are eating this shit. Just an exercise in status.

Chocolate covered urinal cake.

It's Godiva mint!

some of that stuff definitely sounds rancid

Yep, it's all meant as vapid conspicuous consumption.

>> brett easton ellis
>> movie
KYS

This. I'm thinking some kind of very buttery sauce. I think the flavor of butter does a good job of meshing together sweet and savory flavors. Also butter and lobster are mates.

I've always had a boner for:

"grilled free-range rabbit with herbed french fries"

is that just from the film or is it in the book? I think it is in both. I'll serve it one day

All of that except peanut butter soup sounds great.

squid ravioli in a lemon grass broth

sea urchin is fucking horrific

Checked

I wouldn't eat any of that, it sounds like shit, but what do you expect from a meme book.

>sea urchin is fucking horrific
explain