Chikin tits

hallo

I'd like to know how you would cook a simple chicken breast. Simple or complex does not concern me, i just have a pack of them in the fridge, I'm changing my diet to veer off junk food

If anyone here also eats them for lifting reasons, your input would be sweet

thanks

>marinade
>grill
>eat

In absence of a grill, use a grill pan to get grill marks. You take the first bite with your eyes. I love the look. It makes it taste better.

As for marinades, you can buy them pre-made or search for a recipe. Just add some keywords like "body building" to your query.

I like garlic, non-fat Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and curry powder. Tastes like shawarma.

Keep at it dude, it's worth it.

S&p and brown in pan, remove to another pan, pop in oven to finish, make sauce from fond. Sauce: add minced shallot and mushrooms, deglaze with dry vermouth, reduce, stir in sour cream and and Dijon mustard. Serve with rice pilaf and green beans almandine (you can find both of these premade, the former in the rice/dry goods isle, the latter in frozen).

You can also do them in mirepoix (diced onion, carrot & celery) and white wine/dry vermouth and chicken stock/broth. Put a knob of butter in a high sided pan, brown breasts as above, remove, add mirepoix, sauté until soft, return breasts, add liquids to cover about a third the way up of the tits, bring to a simmer and put in oven until done, or cover and simmer on stove top. You can add prosciutto and cream to this as well.

>Simple or complex does not concern
I'll provide a simple way to make them, somebody make the logo.

Simple as fuck, get that chicken titty on a cast iron pan, add salt, throw in 325 degree oven, in 30 mins take it out, eat and enjoy.

Simple way no2

Thinly fillet that chicken breast and make it look like thin chicken steaks, cook in a non stick pan with butter in low heat, flip to the other side, add salt, consume when fully cooked.

Finally, if your going all Veeky Forums tier, boil em' and eat it w/ plain white rice; or grill em' with some generic commercial seasoning and slice em up for a salad.

Why would I want to eat unbrowned chicken?

Do you hate flavor?

>plain white rice
>Veeky Forums
nope.

>stop liking what i dont like

Salt, pepper and butterfly so its about 1.5/2 inches all over

Place under a medium hot grill for about 6-7 minutes until a slight yellowish brown crisp forms then turn it over for another 3 minutes

Check to see if the juices run clear and eat while its still juicy as fuck

Corn is cheaper in summer, tastes better unless you want to shell out for seasonings, and you'll ingest slightly less carbs as a padding food, with the meat rounding out the nutrition.

Personally I prefer greek yogurt to meat for protein/nutrition balancing though, for price reasons and convenience.

I was asking for an explanation, not putting you down. I totally understand that you have your own preference, I was hoping you could explain it so I might understand it better.

cover with flour
put it in pan
when it starts to look golden put some cream and a tea spoon of curry
serve with rice

I just got a small, cheap knock-off Foreman grill at Wal-Mart for like $9.50. Best chicken breasts ever. No seasonings needed, no prep needed, just throw them on that sucker cold and come back in four or five minutes. +Bun, salad and sauce of choice.

browning is a concept you get when youve been cooking for a while, i said those were simple recipes, heat control and management and controlling when your meat is done enough for you are things you develop on your own and can't be explained well by text, thats what cooking is all about! I usually finish my chicken off in high heat to brown some bits but that is not exactly simple for more people than you imagine.

>that is not exactly simple for more people than you imagine.

I disagree. Here's a very simple how-to:

1) pat chicken dry. Why? Damp meat splatters in the pan, and it won't brown properly.
2) season chicken with salt and pepper
3) put oil or butter in a pan and get it hot. Put the chicken in the pan. It should sizzle the instant it touches the pan. If it doesn't sizzle then the pan isn't hot enough. Take the chicken out, increase the heat, try again.
4) Use the sizzling sound as your guide. Keep the chicken cooking until the bottom of it is browned. If it doesn't sizzle, increase the heat. If it smokes, decrease the heat. Use those two cues--the sight of smoke, and the sound of sizzle, to keep the correct temperature.
5) Flip & repeat the process for the 2nd side.
6) After browning is done, lower the heat to finish cooking through. Or alternately, transfer the pan to an oven and let it finish in there.

Works for chicken, steaks, fish, pork chops....you name it.

that step by step is not "simple" for a lot of people, if you disagree that just means you know people who are more capable than I do, those people don't need a guide on how to brown meat they can figure it out on their own. and the ones who do need a guide, can't follow it, they will also have to figure it out on their own

>use a grill pan to get grill marks

this is absolutely retarded. grill marks are not what makes grilled food taste good

He didn't say that.

He said that grill marks make food look more appealing than food without grill marks.

Clearly the best thing would be to use an actual grill, thereby getting not only the marks, but also the flavor from the juices dripping down into the fire.

>that step by step is not "simple" for a lot of people

I have lost faith in humanity, user. If anyone can't follow that simple of a set of instructions I find myself wondering how they can even function at all.

This is babby's first cooking lesson. The only thing you can fuck up is TL;DRing it.

To be fair , to someone who has never cooked and is looking for a step by step guide, many terms that are simple to us e.g browning(like above), simmer, beat, dice, glaze and there are a tonne of others, might be alien to them. You have to write it exactly like you're explaining it to a 8 year old, explain every action and why, otherwise they'll botch the job

Do people pierce the meat before marinating or is that a bad thing to do, never tried it but it seems logical

> I find myself wondering how they can even function at all.

I know some people like this, maybe I just under estimate their abilities but no, they couldn't follow that set of instructions by reading it, keep in mind I'm talking about someone who is a registered nurse, don't that just make you feel so much better?

Throw them in some breadcrumbs (which you can mix with a beaten egg if you want, just changes the kind of crust you´ll get) add some pepper, salt, and cook them in a frying pan with some olive oil at medium-high heat till you like the color.

Tasty and ready in 5 minutes.

+1 user. Very good point. Though I'd gently add that there are plenty of resources out there to do the hand holding, all somebody needs to do is google, for instance "deglaze a pan to make a sauce" that's why I keep my input to ingredients and bare method, if the OP, or user actually has an interest, s/he will do the legwork to make it happen. But you are right. We must educate each other, OTH, you can only take a horse to water, and shitposting abounds

>many terms that are simple to us e.g browning

Everyone has a smartphone these days. If they don't know what a word means then it is super easy to look that up.

In theory, piercing increases the surface area creating a larger surface for juices to exit resulting in drier meat. In practice, it might not make much of a difference. Beginning with equal sized and shaped pieces of meat, weigh them, cook them the same amount of time and heat, weigh them again, and calculate the percentage of moisture loss.

Assuming they do produce different results, if the pierced meat is tastier because of more marinade, then there's a decent argument in there somewhere about more flavorful food being perceived as juicier (because it causes you to salivate).

kosher salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder. Grill in a cast iron pan

I usually do a Cajun rub or the Williams-Sonoma Smokehouse rub and grill it 12 mins on each side on medium