Swabian Cuisine

Anyone interested in Swabian cuisine?
I'm Swabian and tomorrow I'll make homemade Maultaschen and perhaps Kartoffelsalat.

But since that is pretty boring and there's lots of similar dishes in other cuisines I don't think I will post that here.
Any suggestions for the the after tomorrow?

Other urls found in this thread:

chefkoch.de/rezepte/414401131482371/Pfitzauf.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-Y6Ga9hMm4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Ml-dQcJ9KHo
youtube.com/watch?v=lG5CszRCFfY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

loose the accent

Done.

Zwiebelkuchen
Krautschupfnudeln
Krazete/Flädle
...Pfitzauf?

outside those it's all soups, I think

I'm rather thinking about Saure Bohnen and Spätzle.

What the hell is Pfitzauf?

But thank you for the suggestions.

What the fuck, of course I want to see some maultaschen and kartoffelsalat.

chefkoch.de/rezepte/414401131482371/Pfitzauf.html
similar to, ehm, Auflauf? I don't remember how Auflauf is in English

but Spätzle is my favorite. are you making also Geschnetzletes?

mkay, that is new to me.

Yes I also consider making Geschnetzeltes. Either with Spätzle or with mashed potatoes. But that's also nothing specifically Swabian. More like Swiss.

Thank you for the interest, I will post the recipe and step-by-step pictures of Swabian Kartoffelsalt next time (I don't think there is a significant difference to Bavarian Kartoffelsalat)

Since I already finsihed the noodle dough for the Maultaschen without taking pictures I would feel like I did an incomplete post. I will post my Maultaschen next time.

forgive me, I am dumb Niedersachse and I don't know much about your strange and foreign cuisine

my ideas could be all wrong

In Niedersachsen you indeed have a totally different potato salad, with mayo, right?

Forgive me, I'm just a dumb Swabian and have no idea about mayo-potato-salad...

Stop being such a greedy cunt, you fucking nazi.

>Anyone interested in Swabian cuisine?
Sure. I'm very fond of German food.

isn't swaziland in africa and basically just bad poo in loo fare?

K Ä S E S P Ä T Z L E

Yes!

Where can I find good recipes?

youtube.com/watch?v=-Y6Ga9hMm4Y
>you will never be this good at making spätzle

Love me some S P U R D Ö S P Ä R D E

I honestly can't identify what food that is

That's Zwiebelrostbraten with Spätzle

Damn, that little beer mug is cute as fuck. That beer is really cute. Fuck. That's a fucking kawaii as fuck beer.

I don't know what the fuck that means. Use english

How about you use google you drooling cretin?

I love Swabian food,OP, thanks for sharing

>Zwiebelrostbraten is a typical Austrian entrée and an all-time favorite dish in Austria. The meat used for Zwiebelrostbraten is traditionally a standing rib roast cut, which is called “Rostbraten” in German. There seems to be no agreement on the official translation of “Zwiebelrostbraten”, but a possible one would be "onion-topped roast beef with gravy".

Source: I put the name of OPs pic into fucking google

kek'd

>don't ask questions about food on the food board, just go use google!
But yeah, thanks for the info. Sounds pretty good, but what's the stuff on the left?

lurking

show us your swabian food, op

Bubespitzle (Schupfnudeln) mit Apfelmus
Boys Penises with applesauce

These are somewhat like bigger, longer Gnocchi

also common with Sauerkraut

>Schwäbische Brätkügele
>Flädle/Flädlessuppe
>Fleischküchle
>Spätzle
>Maultaschen in Brühe/gebraten/gegrillt
>irgendeine Wurstsorte
>Brezelknödel
>Wurstsalat

The list goes on and on

Swabia is a part of southern germany, we have the best german food here... not a shithole in africa

Those are Spätzle, swabian egg noodles topped off with breadcrumbs that were browned in butter.

Swabian Zwetschgenkuchen (plum-pie)

Altough Zwetschgen arent really plums, they are smaller variants that are blueish purple on the outside and yellow/orange/purple on the inside.

>Swabian cuisine

Read it as Swadian

Not gonna lie, all this shit looks gay as fuck and sounds like thrown-out replacements for "Bazinga"

Well, thats like what all other languages sound. Try it before you judge, it tastes of strenght needed to work all day long, just as we germans need to...

American here, my favorite carbohydrate of all time is spatzle. It's wonderful, but so hard to find authentic in the US.

looks good too. Would try everything in the thread.

Well, if its hard to find why not make it yourself? There are versions that are pretty easy to make at home.
You see, the original spätzle are made by scratching the dough into water in thin slices, wich requires a lot of training, even i cant do that properly.
But there is a way, where you put the dough into a press and get the same taste, just a little bit differently formed.
I could dump a recepie if there is interest.

so, i now searched for a easy recipy on youtube, just follow this link.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ml-dQcJ9KHo

He scrapes the spätzle, wich is harder for beginners to do quickly, but if you are done, it will feel much more rewarding.
The easyer way is to do it like here:

youtube.com/watch?v=lG5CszRCFfY

Starting at around 3.30 he uses a Spätzlespresse, you can do larger quantities in shorter time.

Just try making them, its very rewarding.

post it here please.
I'm from lower saxony and think that the swabian cuisine is the best German cuisine.

pic related is also a great store bought meal

It's the Spätzle which makes them Swabian. 90% of the Swabian cousin is literary just "1000 ways to prepare this bomb ass German pasta"

same here family

oh damn, i love those. best storebought ones... But my Oma makes them better...

Try making something that isn't yellowish brown.

That's because you're stupid, user.

huh?

Morning, USA.

huh?

Kurpfalz reporting in
We share a lot of dishes with Alsace/Lorraine, but Swabia is nearby too so we get the best of both worlds