Tfw I will never travel around Mexico and try its delicious regional cuisines because of how shit the country is...

>tfw I will never travel around Mexico and try its delicious regional cuisines because of how shit the country is currently

LIFE IS NOT FAIR

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/video/shows/anthony-bourdain-parts-unknown/season-3/mexico/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

believe me. it all tastes like shit for the most part. go to a border state and eat ceviche by the coast.

>believe you
I think I will take the best chef in the worlds opinion over yours

You can still travel around Mexico and nothing would happen to you, don't believe the memes that your head will get chopped off

I'm planning on traveling to DF and Puebla this December just to eat delicious things there.

I know who you are already and I have a question, can you tell the difference between whether Mexican places in NYC or in general are run by people from Mexico City vs Puebla? Or is it all blended to an extent?

You know your mom's apron isn't actually a legitimate best cheff in the world recognition no matter if it's written in golden letters and she makes good tendies

Most mexicans just eat TexMex now, since they realized it is superior

texmex shill at it again

Huh?

Rene from noma said Mexican food is best . Get cucked

Anthony Bourdain also speaks very highly of it

fear-gripped cruise contiki package tourist detected, I'm glad to have my little zocalos and mercados delightfully gringo-free so I can have an autentico cultural experiencia

enjoy your inauthentic chicken breast chipotle tacos at the strip mall back home while I'm eating the finest tlayudas de lengua this side of zihuatenejo, cagaleche

I bet you don't even know the difference between a gusano and an habaƱero, you soccer mom

do you even real travel?

Just get Mexican friends to show you around. Only stupid fucks that go there and get involved with drug shit are in danger.

As a matter of fact there are companies in Mexico that specialize in gastronomic tours where you go visit old Indian ladies and learn to cook, or courses in Pre-Hispanic cuisine. There are many ways to enjoy Mexican gastronomy, don't believe the shit you see on TV about the cartels. Unless you're some kind of drug lord/thug then you have nothing to worry about.

Is this some new ricos fideos? Me gusta, I'm going to save it.

yeah exactly, it's very unlikely anything bad would happen

Tons of white Americans and Europeans go to Mexico and have a great time

por que es everything se llama "ricos fideos" en estas dias? la generacion de twitter es totalmente illiterate, yo no understand como se function si no se pueden imaginarse that a person puede tener his own pensamientos sin copying fideos desde una pantalla electronica de dibujos chinos

Bump

DF and Puebla are sister cities from what I understand, and the street/lowbrow food is a lot of the same stuff between the two. DF is more cosmopolitan, so you'll see more international influences: Indian, Chinese and Lebanese influences are more associated with their food. But the popular stuff from there seems to end up in Puebla, so while the Pueblan torta joint might not have quipe the still offer tacos arabes.

tl;dr In Brooklyn they're practically the same at street level.

Makes sense, they're pretty close to each other

I would wager that a majority of the Mexican restaurants in NYC are owned by people from DF, or at least a decent chunk

One of the places I go to, I think the owner is from Mexico City but the cooks are from Puebla

i am mexican, and what?

is it common for young Mexican women to be good cooks?

If they come from a small pueblo, then they will most likely be good cooks. It's a bit iffy from women that come from major cities.

let's a random 18-35 year old chick from Mexico City

They'll probably know how to make standard simple stuff. Like a torta (sandwich) or eggs.

But no mole poblano?

Lol puebla is nowhere close to being Mexico City when it comes to food . They might have similarities but the food in Mexico City is much more varied

mole poblano isn't hard, sperg

No they dont, because cooking for 99.9% of women comes in the form of a fucking chore, as in, even if you are 12 and have older brothers you get to cook for them.
So no, theres no passion theres no uuuhhhhh i love combining textures and colors and whatever.
And for the most part women will repeat an already successfull recipe.
And if they come from a mud village is worse.
Because the males are fucking pieces of shit.

>the food in Mexico City is much more varied
That's pretty much what I said. Mexico City is much more cosmopolitan, with a wider set of influences. The food of Puebla is similar, but less cosmopolitan.

Have non-involved tourists ever been killed by the cartels?

Maybe. but it is rare. Most of places to eat good Mexican food is cartel free outside of Michoacan

American living in Mexico for the past year

Its safe as fuck. Stop being a little bitch and come here for literally the best overall culinary variety in the world.

Veeky Forums approved places to eat in Mexico :
Baja California
Veracruz
Mexico City
Puebla
Oaxaca
Yucatan
Tlaxcala

yes a number of tourists have been killed in mex. google is your friend. theres fb groups for this, i belong to 2 because my wife and i own properties in mex. they post cartel occurrences almost daily. just keeping your nose clean isnt a guarantee against ladrones.
theres even been people killed in their resort hotel rooms so caution is needed. most of mex is dirty so robbery is commonplace but the food is okay.

>the food is okay

>It could be, should be, one of the most exciting cuisines on the planet. If we paid attention.
>cnn.com/video/shows/anthony-bourdain-parts-unknown/season-3/mexico/

shhh

Why not?

Go there man, try a fried iguana served with its own eggs. It will never be cheaper than it is now.

Good thing ladrones (thieves basically niggers) never commit crimes against tourists here in America...
Stupid people like you and your fear-mongering blogs/groups are the reason people are so afraid. If you're constantly looking and getting that kind of new then of course you're going to have some kind of warped perception of the place. I've been going there for years to some of the most "dangerous" places in Mexico and I can tell you from experience of actually being there that the idiots who get caught up in that stuff were up to something shady. There's also the matter of people doing dumb things like flaunting their money in ghetto areas. Then they wonder why shit happens to them.

I know a white American woman in her 50s and Mexico City is her favorite place in the world

5 are langostinos m8 and they look goat, I wouldn't try the other balnd shit, source i'm mexican and we eat that here

are you a poor white guy? if so then you have literally zero reasons to fear being here

i dont know what your fucking talking about rambling on like some idiot. we've owned our homes there for over 20 years. how long have you lived there? the groups are there for a reason, so that locals are aware of their neighbors. they post local crimes, laborers, restaurants, money exchange everything that has to do with being an expat in mexico. shut the fuck up with your bullshit you sound like youre 12 not knowing about the happening of the areas you live in and own is the biggest mistake one could make living abroad.

Visit San Diego. Mexicans from all different regions live there, so you can find regional foods/restaurants pretty easily

accepting someone else's opinion without verifying it is the definition cuck

Al pastor, bistec, and tilapia tacos I got from a taco truck in Brooklyn

They were delicious

>vacation to mexico
>gf is vegan
>try desperately to find places she can eat
>try desperately to not blatantly eat steak and shit in front of her to avoid the silent judgement
>still fail a few times
at least she didn't say anything but those eyes still said it all. Ah well. I'll go back sometime on my own maybe and be a little more adventurous

I think in Mexico City there are a lot of vegetarian options, vegan I'm not too sure about