Why does this Shit needs a Token?

Tell me one good reason and i will drop 20BTC on it.

Because without token incentives who would support the network?

It literally doesn't. The same shit with Enigma. Good projects with unnecessary tokens. Any functionality they develop will be eventually implemented directly into Ethereum or any other platform.

Low Mcap, impact on space is huge, solid team. They will shit on golem
Still this is going too moon in Q2 2018 and eoy

what kind of retarded name is iexec? did they not get the memo that naming anything i[x] is corny as fuck since it's basically apple's shtick? this thing needs a rebrand badly.

d-delete this

It needs its own token because ixec is blockchain agnostic

Yeah what are the token useage on their network?

You pay RLC for using cloud computing power for whatever you need. And the people donating the computing power will get paid in RLC.

/notanargument/

Each blockchain can implement the functionality without the need for a middleware.

>Customer hands over data to a cloud full of random unconfirmed host.
>Token looses value, host dump their bags and disappear with customer's data.

Yea this is a good idea.

The data are encrypted you fucktard.

And how is that better as opposed to data that's encrypted and controlled by one reliable and known company? Hmm? Moron?

Datas are obfuscated thanks to SGX.
Also RLC have a staking mechanism where bad actors lose their stakes and the bigger the stake the bigger the reward.

Having a token is not an issue as we will have atomic swap soon anyway, if you want to pay in ETH or XMR or BTC you will be able to do it and the fees will be negligible, the real problem is token velocity, we'll see how it turns.

Without middleware it would fragment the network.

Yes, the name is dogshit, typical engineer autism.

Again, how is that any better as opposed to having customer's data encrypted and controlled by one reliable and known company? Hmm? Moron?

Why would a customer risk making business with "bad actors" when they can just hire a non-blockchain company to secure their data?

Why deal with blockchain at all?

Encrypted or not, I don't think any of the data subjects will appreciate you bartering their data in a trading environment WITHOUT their consent.

The new and up and coming GDPR legislation will put an end to this non-sense. Better dump your bags now because this shit show is ending.

costs, it's cheaper on blockchain

Just as any blockchain uses a coin/token to provide a proof of work/stake whatever, RLC will be used to provide proof of contribution (ie. rented computing power).
This could possibly be done on the ethereum blockchain, but then we firstly run into the problem that iexec aims to solve in the first place; the etherium blockchain may not be fast enough for proof of every contribution to be logged in sufficient time (especially if every memecoin is clogging up the network). Secondly, being blockchain agnostic by using their own blockchain for proof of contribution means they can run computations for DApps on any platform... ETH, NEO,

Do you understand the concept of supply and demand?
Something like iexec will drastically augment the supply of processing power, everyone can become a part or full time cloud provider, even some kid with a GTX1080 in Canada (where electricity is cheap) could make some pocket money when he is not playing by joining a pool, it opens plenty of opportunities too like installing servers in building for heating purposes.

But the concept of decentralized marketplace for cloud computing is even bigger, right now only giants like Amazon, OVH or Ali Baba have global exposure, something like iexec would change that.

Let's say I'm a little guy in Finland who opened his own cloud providing services with 2 or 3 hundreds of machines.
My pool of potential client is a bit limited and I will have to canvass a lot and spend a good amount of money to obtain contracts being by hiring sales or marketing guys.
It's not even the end of my worries once I got the clients because I will have to carefully calculate how much capacity I will need. The demand will most likely vary a lot with spikes sometimes and I'm contractually engaged to sustain them so the cumulated uptime of my machines will most likely be low the majority of the time (in short: I have lots of machines but they rarely all which is suboptimal).

Now I decide to go through iexec: I'm paid for the task (ie: no periodic contracts), I can maximize the uptime of my machines without worries but most importantly I'm on a global marketplace where I have easy exposure to the entire market. It's a vast improvement in terms of efficiency for everyone.

>Encrypted or not, I don't think any of the data subjects will appreciate you bartering their data in a trading environment WITHOUT their consent.

Who is talking about bartering datas without consent? Moron?

One point of attack is much less secure
>Equifax, Yahoo
You're new right?

10 bucks my may

I got this too because the name and logo are much cooler

btw what do you think of BLZ?