Should I be using this browser?

What are the advantages bros? I'm using it right now but I'm used to chrome, should I go back? Will I get free BAT? Does Brave care about my privacy bros?

i use it on mobile
waterfox on desktop
i dont see why anyone would use bat over the other alternatives on desktop

Firefox on everything

What's the reason for waterfox over firefox?

Why not waterfox?

its a bit faster and lacks all the moralfag shit, ads, and restrictions that firefox forces on you

also i will never use brave on my desktop as long as it doesnt support third-party addons
im not going to use their adblock plus fork when umatrix is vastly superior

I use Brave as my daily browser on all platforms and I love it. I was used to chrome too, but give it a few days and I'm sure you'll make the switch.

I use on my phone specially for the video on background feature, pretty neat to liste to youtube music

ad free browsing on mobile. for desktop it's kinda laggy since its chromium

>I was used to chrome too
although chrome is fucking vile it seems to perform the best for watching streamed media for me and it has that use alone. even the most basic shit like having a separate address and search bar is lost, can barely open any files in browser, blows me away its so widely adopted.

>Does Brave care about my privacy bros?
> I'm used to chrome, should I go back?
how did these two sentences end up in the same post?
use either firefox (or a fork of it) or a non-google´d version of chrome, brave doesn't really seem to offer that much in my opinion

Ublock Origin renders Brave useless.

you can use MPV to stream non-drm content on the web (youtube, twitch, etc)
its way better than using the browser

Brave makes me laugh.

You people should really spend more time getting educated instead of pouring your money on dumb ass cryptos.

Protip: lives in the sea

Can you get BAT watching ads? How?

I have never tried it, might aswell give it a look.
desu using chrome as my goto browser for streaming youtube+others works fine for me.

Ads are natively blocked in Brave. If you opt out of this option, you will get paid to view ads, however it is still in trial and won't be live for all users for another 1-2 months.

also just to put the difference between chrome streaming and every other browser, despite 100mb up and down fiber the only browser that lets me view youtube videos in full hd and even 4k flawlessly is chrome. on brave, opera, the fox's its 720p max and even then its not flawless.
i have no doubt theres behind the scenes fuckery when they detect a non chrome browser but youtube is their service so there entitled to do it imo

no doubt
you need youtube-dl for it to work though, so everything you can download with youtube-dl you can stream using mpv
just do the old `mpv 'link'` in the terminal and you're golden

>He's not browsing on a WAP browser from circa 2004 mobile phone

Enjoy your tracking faggots

>tfw stupid

I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing it either, but I'm pretty sure it's illegal.

not really, netflix did something similar with only allowing edge to stream 4k

not sure on legality when its a google service theyre doing it with, nobody i forced to use youtube.
pretty sure microsoft do something similar with outlook, on chrome its fucking useless and takes a noticeable extra second to load an email when clicking down a list, which is annoying as fuck when scanning through a few dozen quickly. every other browser is instant.