What do you guys think of buffets?

What do you guys think of buffets?

How often do you go to one? What's the best one you've ever had? And how much do you typically eat at one?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/fatpeoplestories/comments/1rdrj1/tales_from_the_buffet_when_a_customer_made_us/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What do you guys think of buffets?
Usually trash, can be good.
How often do you go to one?
Not very
What's the best one you've ever had?
Either the one at The Cosmo or the one at The Wynn, both in Vegas
And how much do you typically eat at one?
Enough

I eat so much I want to die

+1 to cosmo buffet, very good

Okay thanks Mr. American but what does that have to do with buffets?

>Tepid, bland food at over-inflated prices

no thanks

Gross food for unpleasant people
As infrequently as possible
Maybe some random Indian buffet in Jersey City, NJ, "best" isn't really all that hard in this field
Until I'm full

Broadly speaking, I hate them. Most of the buffets I've visited were as a student, with a company of friends that couldn't afford to go to a restaurant.

That said, a few good buffets exist - there's a very good Saturday buffet at the Hilton in Nicosia; memorably good in fact, I had business over there for a couple of years, and regularly arranged meetings such that I could fit in their Saturday buffet.

I typically eat less than a full course meal - I prefer buffet at lunch, so I have a light lunch worth. Being half scandi cold tables and small bread for lunch were fairly typical in my childhood.

It was a simple question and you turned it into a fucking blog

Kill yourself

Not really, per line I answered the three questions - what I think of them, the best buffet I've ever had, and how much I eat.

Nothing precludes replies that aren't monosyllabic.

>Nothing precludes replies that aren't monosyllabic.
And nothing precludes you telling us the color of your stools over the last few days either, why not treat us to the details while you're at it?

the only kind i fuck with is a byo korean bbq. Food still isn't great but it's fun cooking at your table and drinking plus it isn't filled with absolute plebs.

Otherwise it's just a trough for awful people.

Certainly, brown as usual, with a firm texture and light odour. Discolours the blue toilet water (from the detergent in the cistern) to an off-green, which isn't terribly pleasant. However, relieving oneself is not an aesthetic experience, so I let it past.

Whilst occupying the throne, I admire an olive oil hand soap, which is nicely decorated with small soap carvings. I believe I bought it in Croatia, but I can't quite recall.

Huh?

I like chinese or indian ones. Rare to find an indian one here, and the chinese ones are usually terrible (mostly crap like chicken balls and really bad egg rolls). I like the idea of them though, because I can try a small amount of a few dishes and see if the place actually makes it good or not, as opposed to buying a regular order of 1 dish for 10$ and finding out it sucks.

i visit one maybe 4-5 times per year at most. Best i've ever had was an indian place which did a once a month sunday lunch buffet and offered a lamb curry dish.
I don't eat like a savage glutton at them, I tend to eat 1 normal plate or 2 small sampler plates

If I wanted to catch the flu, I'd sit on the dick of someone with a strong strain

So no, I'm not a fan of buffets

I go to our chinese one once a month, I usually get a plate filled with spring rolls (I take the ones from the bottom), and take a generous amount of sweet and sour dip. I can get through 30 or so of those bad boys.

Buffet a shit.

The endless plate thing like at Olive Garden is superior. There's a local pizza chain that walks around serving pizzas fresh from the oven. Every 5-10 minutes several varieties will come out. When they walk by your table, you just shake your head or wave your hand or whatever, and they ask you how many you'd like. Then they disappear into the back, and bring back more.

So unlike a buffet the food comes straight to your table like if you'd ordered it at a sit-down place, but like a buffet, you can eat until you barf.

>I take the ones from the bottom

kill yourself

I just go the more expensive once when i'm on vacation. Avoid chains.

Bacchanal in Vegas is the best buffet i've ever been to. II try to sample everything so I don't waste my time on common stuff.

reddit.com/r/fatpeoplestories/comments/1rdrj1/tales_from_the_buffet_when_a_customer_made_us/