Shokugeki no Soma

What do we think of the cooking anime Shokugeki no Soma, /a/? Are the dishes and recipes shown actually any good or are they just nonsense? Pic related is a hamburger made from soft shelled turtle.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/3fcOb
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WRONG BOARD
R
O
N
G

B
O
A
R
D

The manga has the recipes so you can try them for yourself. I hear they're pretty good but the food orgasms might be exaggerated.

Oblong-a-torey (you)

If you don't want to discuss the recipes, I suggest you find another thread and stop shitting up this one.

>he watches anime

As you can see by the random banner, your shitpost is fucking awful.

The dishes sound good OP but I am too lazy to bother learning gook food.

This one sounds pretty good

Do you have a link that has the recipes?

>shalyapin
>not chaliapin
>they don't even include the pickled plums that earned him the win
For what purpose

>they don't even include the pickled plums that earned him the win
That's umeboshi.

I found this: imgur.com/a/3fcOb

It also looks like a better translation.

Nah, you fuck off instead. The board will be better without you.

First time I've heard about this, OP. Looks interesting.

Sure is butthurt weeb samefag in here lol

Thanks user.

>9 unique IPs
>only two buttmad anti-weeb shitters at the most
Whatever you say, dudebro. How about you contribute to the thread instead?

I just realized I don't even know what some of those ingredients are. The fuck is-
>Yuzukoshō (柚子胡椒?, also yuzugoshō) is a type of Japanese seasoning. It is a paste made from chili peppers, yuzu peel and salt,
And then I don't know what yuzu is either. This shit could probably go on forever.

>How about you contribute to the thread instead?

How about you fuck off to /a/ or any other weeb board made for you faggots

While you're bitching, fuck off to /b/ as well.

I really want to try making that breakfast ramen, but I have no idea where I could find kombu or mirin.

Never seen kombu but mirin is plentiful even here in the middle of nowhere of eastern Europe. I think any reasonably sized grocery store would have it.

Go to literally any Asian supermarket. In fact, do most of your shopping at an Asian supermarket. Almost everything is cheaper.

I tried making this today. it tasted ok, but the onions ended up being shit brown instead of golden like in the show.

Fuck off back to /a/ you weeaboo shit.

>whining about anime on the internet's largest English anime website
Will the redditors ever leave?

kill yourself weeb lord

they're far from nonsense and jap chefs do actually think like that quite often. a well researched show. but yeah i highly doubt you would be instantly transported into a proustian reverie when you eat any of the stuff - particularly the fake pork roast looks like it would actually be rather disappointing - and their interpretations of curry are fucking mental.

Will torrent later. Sounds plebian yet piquant.

I honestly felt like rattatouli Ironically had the best imaginespot for eating food. considering its not anime I doubt it would catch on to other shows.

But there plenty of boards for Jap Obsessives?
Why can't you guys leave Veeky Forums alone?
All Jap food is pretty bland anyway.

>All Jap food is pretty bland anyway.
Take that back. Japanese curry isn't bland at all and is delicious.

I agree that the few weeaboos still on this site ought to confine their discussion of their Chinese cartoons to one of the many legacy boards which still exist for that purpose instead of shitting up the proper discussion boards though.

> Japanese curry isn't bland at all

it kind of is compared to most other curries

It's garbage compared to anime food shows of old.

>But there plenty of boards for Jap Obsessives?
The entire website is for weebs.

kek is that the hardcore nigger from the bread show that show was trash senpai shogukeki is much better fuck that bitch killing poor turtle though

umami desu

Photoshop.
It's an old /b/ meme that was actually mocking weebs.
Nice try though, newfag.

Some of the recipes may be legitimate but as an anime it's pretty shit tier and does not measure up to the old 'cooking/baking' anime of yore.

The only meme here is your blatant revisionism, redditor.

The umeboshi paste is the pickled plum

>redditor
Reddit has an even worse weeaboo infestation that this place, friend.

The ironic thing about you calling him a redditor is that more animu discussion happens on reddit than here nowadays.

Perhaps you could go there instead.

>redditor
found the normie.

the manga was wrong about cast iron

This fucking show. I had such high hopes. Because I love food and cooking, and the animation was nice and so I thought for sure it was gonna be good. But it isn't. All the characters are personality-less cardboard cutouts with maximum one or two traits which you can assign to them (e.g. "double-bun hair animal lover" or "irritable glasses nerd") and they add a new character nearly every goddamn episode. I don't know anybody's name because there are just so many of them. Even the main character Soma is just a red-haired Naruto who is perfect at everything but is fucking stupid. The show's premise is at a cooking school but I quickly learned that it really isn't a school. I could take the extreme entrance exam, the gladiator-esque cooking battles and the pass/fail grading. But never once does anyone really learn anything at this "school" unless it's from Soma, it's just constant competitions to see how much the "students" already know about food. So it's really just a large-scale, glorified Master Chef or Top Chef. That's not a school. By the middle/end of the second season there wasn't really any story. Every episode was just a long, drawn-out description of one or two dishes, close-up shots of the food, male judges saying it was the best thing they've ever tasted, and the female judge saying how the soup broth tasted like the waves of Neptune tickling her titties or something, followed by orgasmic moans and her clothes dissolving off her body. It's the same predictable shit every episode and was honestly just exhausting to watch. So yeah. Fuck Shokugeki no Soma.

But anyway OP, some of the dishes are good. I tried re-creating the melting furikake, and it was pretty good but not like they depict it in the show, obviously. Some of the dishes are too over-the-top or the preparation simply wouldn't be (as) successful when translated into real life. A smaller version of the first dish he made (the mock roast pork) seems like it'd be pretty good.

That's not how it works.

Not the user you replied to but how is a decently thought out opinion and a proper answer to OP autism?
Shokugeki no Soma a shit by the way. Kys