What seasonings should any single aspiring cook should have?

What seasonings should any single aspiring cook should have?

Gold flake. You aren't poor, are you?

MSG

this shit

also ketchup, because as an aspiring cook you're going to have a lot of fuckups

mustard gas

cumin

Salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, oregano or 'italian spice.' Lots of grill seasonings can make a simple weeknight meal, just coat a pork chop or two and throw it in the toaster oven. Lemon pepper is always in my house. Herbs like rosemary and thyme if you know how to roast a bird.

I'll show you how to roast a cock if you get my drift.

Also stuff like bread crumbs+ parmesan. Asian stirfry sauces. Canned stuff like tomato paste and beans. I consider some goya cans as almost seasoning, theres a lot of dishes that you can make based off of black bean soup. The ethnic aisle in your supermarket packs a lot of punch.

Ah yes, mein teil, the famous German dish :)

imo you should have a ton of different things, too many list desu.
just look up a list of commonly used spices and herbs
garlic and onin powder? hell no, go for fresh garlic and onion, no reason to use powder when fresh is better and he would get a chance to work on his knife skills (or to keep them good, depending on his level)

Cum

that's delicious and all but i'm not sure how anyone would use it in cooking,except maybe icing for a cake or something

Well duh, powders are just to supplement when you have nothing else. If nothing else, it can go on frozen pizza, a Veeky Forums staple

The Best Gourmet Seasoning You'll Ever Taste

My ass

>Not making cookies with your love fluids
>Not finishing your chili with your secret ingredient
>Not putting your special sauce on your subs and sammies

Just looked up the ingredients for that, sounds pretty good

Salt and Pepper but foremost pepper.

Disagree immensely. Yes, fresh onion and garlic are great, but the powders have a different taste which is more subtle and easier to use in everything. You can add onion powder to mac 'n' cheese, sandwiches, steaks, seasoning mixes, and literally anything that needs more umami. Garlic salt is another thing that amps up flavor in just about anything. By all means use fresh onion and garlic, but it's just not as versatile. Get garlic salt. Get onion powder. Use both in a lot of things. I used those flavorings as a vegan chef and it even made tofu taste good. Don't underestimate their power!

3:1 salt MSG shaker.

>salt
>pepper (preferably in a grinder, or at least buy coarse ground, not that powdery shite)
>bay leaves
>Herbs de Provence
>parsley
>garlic (both fresh and granulated)
>onion (both fresh and granulated)
>lemon
>rosemary
>basil
>oregano
>thyme
>turmeric
>cayenne
>smoked paprika
>sweet paprika
>cinnamon
>nutmeg
>ginger
>dill
>cumin
>coriander
>cardamom

shichimi togarashi is a great seasoning to have around, so is it's sister seasoning Nanami Togarashi.

cssdsdsdsd

>Not Tony's