My mother died exactly 2 months ago and I'm feeling pretty down today. So I'll Cook a recipe that she has taught me...

My mother died exactly 2 months ago and I'm feeling pretty down today. So I'll Cook a recipe that she has taught me, just to pass some time.
It's her Spin on "leczo", an Hungarian dish made out of mostly yellow Bell Pepper and onions.

What you'll need:
>4 large onion
>3-4 cans of chopped tomatoes (I'm using jars of tomatoe puree that my Grandma made out of her own tomatoes)
>2 large zuccinis (optional)
>1 eggplant (optional)
>Whatever Kind of meat and sausage you have lying around

I'm not sure if I should use this ham cutlet that I've found in the Freezer. God knows how long it's been there but yolo

watching

lurking

Sorry about your mum m8. What you're doing is a proper memorial. Cooking and food is always about family and friends.

Begin by cutting the meat into smallish peaces. The sausage I use is "Bockwurst" from aldi

Put the meat into a hot Pan (with a touch of Olive oil) and wait until it's browned a bit before you add the sausage.
Cut the 4 onions into Rings while you wait.

I've turned down the heat from high to Medium and put in the sausage. Let it Brown for a while.

I'm going to be more sad than anyone when my mother dies but unfortunately the one thing she has never been able to do is cook. Ever. I mean she can barely make an omelet correctly. Wonderful woman but if you asked her to make spaghetti she would leave the pasta in boiling water for twenty minutes before even touching the sauce.

The next step is to put the meat aside and throw in the onions with a new touch of Olive oil into the Medium heat Pan.

RIP lmFao

The onions still need some time so cut the veggies into whatever you want sized chunks in the meantime

Shame about your mother op. Would like to get a recipe if possible.

The onions are ready once they lost most of their size and are slightly Brown but not caramelized yet.
Add the meat and veggies.

My Pan might be too small. Good that I decided to only use 1 zucchini.

I'm going to let it sit a little bit on heat to reduce the size of the veggies before I add any tomatoes.

Forgot the pic
I might write it down later today, though I have nothing more Precise han what I'm Posting.

I've added the 4 jars of tomatores. Everything did fit nicely.

Now you only need to Season it with a big spoon Full of Paprika(spicy) salt and Pepper.

Let it on the low heat stove for at least 30 minutes. The longer the better!

Looking good OP. Thanks for sharing. What do you serve it with? Rice? Noodles?

that's a lot of onions

I like it.

I will be serving it with rice but it tastes best with Flatbread

Sorry for ypur loss op. Afyer i lost my mom a grandmother just months apart i tried hard to remember all the recipes id watch them cook as a child.its comforting everytime i serve a dish to my siblings and they smile from the nostalgia thats when you know you got it right.

>mostly yellow bell pepper
Are you retarded?

I'm glad you managed to recreate their recipes, there's nothing better than familiar recipes.
I have my moms cookbook fortunately, though not everything is written down there(like this leczo)
It's my mothers Spin on the dish. Traditionally it's made with yellow ones because Greens are too bitter and red ones are too sweet. We like the red ones he most though.

Mein Beileid, user

Wat do you think would Gordon Ramsey say to my leczo?

It's Delicious but my moms was better :(

That's a proper summer dish, OP. Sorry you lost your mother, but it seems like the good woman taught you well. You will always have that.

respects op, looks good

>It's delicious buty moms was better
Good thing you don't have to worry about that anymore op

She would be proud. Enjoy every bite love

Sorry for your loss OP. How is the dish coming along?

Looks great user! Your mother would be proud.

How did she die if you don't mind me asking OP?

Looks great OP I'd stuff it in my face hole.

Shit like this always touches my heart in a certain way. I didn't grow up on my moms cooking, i grew up on my grandmothers, because we lived with my grandparents. My moms a decent cook but doesnt like spaghetti so can't replicate hers, and worse, for holidays and special occasions my grandma would make fudge that was the best ive ever had, but noone in my family can remember the exact recipe and it wasnt written down, so its lost. I still have some frozen, on her birthday when were together we each take a piece of it. Next year will be the last of it i have.

>exactly 2 months
but months are different lengths

Thanks guys, I hope you enjoyed watching this thread as much as I enjoyed cooking & eating. I might come back some time soon and cook something else as this board needs OC badly.

she fought cancer (non- hodgkins lymphoma) for about 2 years without success. Her last treatment was more radical with a 3% death rate and she was unfortunately part of those 3%.
The medication that caused organ failure was (ATG)-Fresenius which got banned in the US like 2-3 days after.
she died on the 03.06.2016 so I hope you catch my drift.

He didn't say an exact number of days, user. He said months.

Are you perhaps confusing accuracy with precision?

That rice has been cooked into mush and your stew is basically just random vegetables + protein all heated up in a big pot and that's it

I'm sorry about your mother but your cooking skills need some serious improvement

>stew is basically just random vegetables + protein all heated up in a big pot and that's it
You're an idiot. It's exactly what's available from a summer garden. Variations of this stew exist all over. It might not be haute cuisine, but it sure as fuck is classic summer eating, and it's fucking delicious.

>metric ton of vegetables boiled in tomato puree with 1 tbsp of paprika
>add unseasoned basic meat
>delicious
Ok

I fail to see how it couldn't be delicious. You know that real vegetables from a garden actually have good flavor on their own, and don't need a fuckton of seasoning, right? You are aware that the flavorless crap at the supermarket isn't typical of real vegetables, right?

I don't buy vegetables at a supermarket so I wouldn't know. Listen user, if you find your food delicious then good for you, I'm glad. I'm just saying it looks very bland for my taste. There's really no need to explode with rage over it

So if you have good vegetables then what makes you think that would be bland?

>>rage
I'm not raging user, I'm asking questions. If I was raging I'd call you a "fuckwit" or something similar, accompanied by a bunch of cursing and an offensive picture. Why so on edge?

Your mother's dead faggot. I win.

>looks very bland for my taste.
Yet variations on this theme are made in Europe, the Mediterranean and the Middle East all summer long (longer, depending on the growing season). Maybe vegetable stews aren't your thing, but this combination of ingredients is pretty fucking classic.

ah the old, everything's a contest to me. i swear im not underage!

>Being this much of a cunt.

i hope you get brain cancer.

maybe he's not used to long cooking times, and the accompanied taste

pretty sure he's getting some form of cancer, so all is good.

Or even better, some of his relatives dies because of cancer.

@OP dish doesn't look too hot to me desu. condolences anyway.

I'm the Op, you're just a retard who thinks that he is arguing with me. You should have noticed by now that my grammar is worse than the other anons.

Looks delicious, OP. My condolences.

Cunt.

Sorry for your loss OP,
With time it will get better

Sorry to hear of your mum.

Muh heritage Hungarian here.

That lecsó looks a bit off, but still good. The veg wasn't sliced quite thin enough. Properly made, lecsó takes several hours to caramelise the veg together into a thick goop. You can't get them to that almost-liquefied state without slicing them very, very thinly.

Also, are you American? I live in America currently. Lecsókolbasz is impossible to find here, but there are a few Polish sausages that are similar. Find a Polish butcher and ask for kielbasa ostra. If they make sausages by special order, ask for them to not grind it as finely for you. That comes pretty close.

you'll never taste her leczo again
you'll never get another hug from her again
she was pro ably the last person on earth who really gave a shit about you too, by the way.

Gordon Ramsey would approve. It looks delicious and is the perfect tribute to your mother.

im sorry to hear that friend.
I lost my father to brain cancer last month.

What the fuck is wrong with you?!

OP the fact you miss your mother indicates you're a good fucking human being. Love makes you strong, even if it's grief. I miss my mom too (died when I was eleven) but life still has lots of beautiful and wonderful things in it. Don't ever forget that, even when you're sad.

You're going to experience a lot of pain, grief and heartache in your life, young fella..
I wonder what kind of gun you'll use?

Don't wake up mom on your way back to the basement

When did Veeky Forums turn into a bunch of pussy little beta cuckold faggots? Fuck your shit food and fuck your dead mother too, OP.

Fuck everyone kissing his ass while we're at it. What the fuck is that about? Grow a fucking pair.

Piss off, this isn't /b/. Let the man mourn.

If he wants a fuzzy cuddly "safe space" then why can't he take this shit to, say, Reddit? Obviously people are going to troll you on Veeky Forums. Why even get butthurt over it? It's your own stupid fucking fault.

I hate all this fake "RIP sorry 4 ur loss i cry everytiem" shit that normalfags insist on doing everywhere. I don't want to come to Veeky Forums and have to see it here too.

Veeky Forums used to have one of the highest average ages on Veeky Forums with reasonable discussion that wasn't full of ironic shitposting and super cynical /v/-tier edge. Everyone look at this guy. This is the kind of guy who posts Jack and spews 'go 'za memes. You let this happen, Veeky Forums.

>white people cooking
Not even once

Excuse me, I'm an interpreter.
I studied Friendless Unpleasant NEET (or FUN, for short) during my time at university.
Allow to interpret / from the original FUN:

>no one loves me and no one ever will. seeing people care about other people reminds of this fact, so would you take care to not provide reminders of my shortcomings, please?

>this is meant to be a safespace for other FUNs, like myself, where we can pretend that all others lead lives of similarly quiet desperation just as we do. facing the fact that it's my fault that no one will ever love me and not the world's fault (for being a cold and unloving place), brings me just one step close to the noose and chair

I hope this clears that up for those of you who don't speak FUN.

Huh?

Kill yourself

You can stop coming to Veeky Forums any day, nobody will miss you, edgelord cunt

i would not be upset to receive that card in regards to a death in the family

Op here, I wouldn't have posted about my mom if the comments would faze me even a tiny bit. You're making a bigger deal out of the whole affair than anyone should.

What a bunch of fucking losers lmao. You're probably alone of weekends

All of Veeky Forums is not /pol/ and /b/, newfriend.
Might help to sort your issues
:^)

Tasty dish, OP

so you want us to pretend we dont like stuff just to seem edgy? that's pretty gay

i like this man

What don't you understand? Perhaps I can shed some light for you? First you need a basic understanding of the english language. You see, words are combined to form sentences. We use sentences to communicate. The post you tied your comment to is a very simple set of several sentences.

If you can't interpret those sentences than perhaps it's time to get out of the faced-paced world of contributor on Veeky Forums Veeky Forums, no?