Veeky Forums problems

>spend years lurking Veeky Forums learning to cook extravagant meals with good presentation
>nobody to cook for but myself

Is anybody else in this predicament?

I generally don't cook elaborate meals for myself, unless I want to practice a dish/technique I've yet to nail.

I only got married because I was tired of leftovers going bad.

>Implying you're not just here for the McChicken threads

That's moe, user

>spend years lurking Veeky Forums learning to cook extravagant meals with good presentation

Won't find that here

He did say years, it's possible he could know how to make a whole 5 different dishes.

>learned to cook, pretty good at it
>too depressed to cook, wind up eating fast food all the time

This happened last night:

Me: let's stop and get a couple of steaks, i'll fire up the grill
Her: can we have Popeye's instead

It sucks to be able to do something and not be appreciated for it. Grass is always greener, OP.

In her defense Popeyes is pretty great.

Iktfb though, I have to stop myself from getting upset about it because I know she cant help her pleb tastes

The dinner party is something to consider. Invite a few friends over. When they ask if they can bring anything tell them wine (though pick up a few bottles yourself). Clean your filthy shithole of a living space. Make elaborate meal. Serve and hang out with friends talking and drinking wine. If you have access to an outdoor space you can combine this with an activity like croquet or bocce, and it ought to be a good time for all.

Yes, this works best in a couples scenario. But if you choose your guests carefully. Choose people whose interests and personalities seem compatible. You'll gain the reputation of being a good host, which may gain you invitations to other parties and improve your social life as well.

No, by now I'm pretty fuckig glad I get to be alone 24/7

Preach.

>bocce
The fuck is that? Some Australian thing?

this is objectively the worst idea in this entire thread.

there is nothing you've mentioned that sounds remotely as interesting as watching tv alone.

:v

>learning cooking from Veeky Forums

I've got bad news for you op

You don't have any Italian friends, do you?

Yeah, being social sure is boring.

No. Am I supposed to?

I used to do a weekly poker night and would cook for my friends. I am cheap, so I made them throw down money if they were going to eat.

HANDS OFF MY SHIT YOU FUCKING FUCK

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Having some Italian friends definitely increased my appreciation of food, wine and culture. Same goes for French friends. When you're into food it's good to associate with people who come from a richer food culture than your own.