Spaghetti Carbonara

How do you take on this classic Italian dish.

Double or Single Cream?

Parsley or Basil?

I personally just tried making it with creme fraiche and while it was a bit acidic it did get balanced by the earthiness of the mushrooms. Also i mix the Parmigian into it before hand so the blend is better.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY
youtube.com/watch?v=Ud6XCX94d2I
youtube.com/watch?v=hXFeeJQ-jGs
youtube.com/watch?v=xtfGZfIl8Bk
youtube.com/watch?v=fx46IqhdvEk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>cream
>carbonara

Double cream.
Parsley.
Garlic and black pepper.
I have a recipe for carbonara in my great grandmother's recipe book from 1910.
It's a classic.

youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY

Is she from naples? My nonna had a similar recipe to that and was from there (her parents she was from the bronx )

Pls post recipe

Nah, she's English but she was married to a newspaper correspondent and they spent a lot of time in Continental Europe.

*was
I might hasten to add.

What the fuck is this shit? This is a joke right?

No cream

>This is a joke right?
You decide
youtube.com/watch?v=Ud6XCX94d2I

youtube.com/watch?v=hXFeeJQ-jGs

>YouTube, a free access, Social Media network that is editable and contributed to by anyone is a credible source.
You'd be better off quoting Wikipedia really.

>Pinoy

Now it all makes sense

Pls don't say Spaghetti Carbonara. It's Carbonara or Spaghetti alla Carbonara.

>Cream on carbonara

You're supposed to get the creamy texture by adding a couple of egg yolks and an egg white once you're finished cooking the spaghetti and the rest of the sauce's elements

>cream

No. I don't know what you think you're making but it's not carbonara.

he thinks he's making carbonara. that's why he called it carbonara.

why is this thread so stuffed with autism

>I have a recipe for carbonara in my great grandmother's recipe book from 1910.

Bollocks, carbonara does not appear in any cookbooks (including Italian ones) and there is no evidence of it existing before WW2.

Feel free to quote your usual, fantasy shitpost.
>muh american GI, Italy, starving population, WW2 bacon, egg etc etc, ad nauseum

Out of all the things he listed, you pick on cream? I'll agree that OP's dish is far from being carbonara, but adding a single ingredient doesn't mean we need a new name. It might not taste as good, but that doesn't mean we need to invent a name for every single possible combination of different ingredients.

Feel free to prove him wrong, fagmo.

Mushrooms are an acceptable addition to carbonara. You might not like the idea, but I guarantee they go together well. If you're substituting bacon for pancetta/guanciale, you need British or Canadian bacon or any other type that contains actual meat.

The fact the guy has a recipe from 1910, maybe?
>reading comprehension

everything about that recipe is just so grim

the "hot dog"
the single serve airplane butter
the bottle water
the "cream"
the grimy kitchen

because guanciale has such a high ratio of lean

I picked cream because it was his first mistake. Any mention of cream when talking about carbonara (unless it's to say 'don't use it') is a good cause to stop reading.

>Any mention of cream when talking about carbonara (unless it's to say 'don't use it') is a good cause to stop reading.

protip: having this idiotic opinion does not make you look like a knowledgeable and mature practitioner of the culinary arts.

I don't use any cream

Only use herbs if adding other ingredients e.g. sage or thyme with mushrooms.

I swap the traditional ham for chopped bacon and sometimes add steamed broccoli or mushrooms fried in the bacon fat. Simple and delicious! I don't have a pic of my regular one, but here's a pic I found that seems to be missing the bacon and I'm thinking there's some thyme in there too. Also linguine instead of spaghetti.

Am I the only one here who can cook? Made this today with my Korean gf

youtube.com/watch?v=xtfGZfIl8Bk
youtube.com/watch?v=fx46IqhdvEk

Too much sauce. It looks more like a noodle soup, faggot.

double egg yolk, pecorino, parmesan, mushroom, prosciutto, olive oil, black pepper