Do you wash your rice before you cook it?

Do you wash your rice before you cook it?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2016/04/25/health/arsenic-rice-cereal-baby/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, the excess starch makes it too sticky. No matter what the variety of rice.

No, I prefer rice that's a bit sticky.

Yes. I don't like my rice to be a glob of starch.

I used to. But with my new method, it come out fine without washing.

yes

depends on what I'm making. a fluffy pilaf? of course I'm going to wash it. a creamy risotto? of course not.

then why do you eat rice

Because he wants a fluffy pile of starch, not a glob.

I prefer really clumpy rice. Individual grains? Get that shit out of here.

You telling me you don't like fluffy individual grains of basmati with your curry?

When I make curry, I pour it over brown rice. When I order curry, I prefer to get it at a Chinese-American takeout place because the Chinese are cleaner than Indians (poo in the loo kind), if you can believe it. The Chinese also make clumpy white rice. Basmati rice is the worst rice (fact).

Different strokes I guess.
Enjoy your subpar curry experience, friend.

You too.

It depends on what's being made with it, but I tend to go on the washing side for the usual rice meals I make.

Rinse, Dry, Fry, Cook.

Yes, especially brown rice.

Brown rice will barely cook at all if it's not rinsed.

I don't cook rice at home. I only eat it when I'm out for Mexican, Indian, Chinese, Thai or Sushi.

Sticky rice best rice. Asians are the masters of rice and they make it like its almost porridge.
Washing your rice is bleb-tier and if you do it, you might as well be deep-frying french fries you dumb American.

What's your method?

Somny liston kisss mu ass

Its just. Right. Im not a crook

depends on the meal you child molester.

>Do you wash your rice before you cook it?

Yes. Wash it three times, then LET IT SOAK. Makes a big difference. Oh, and buy good rice, like Bob's Red Mill.

made me giggle
thanks senpai

I don't want to stick my chopsticks in the rice and have the entire bowl of rice to stick to it like some on a stick carnaval food. Starch is fine but a softball sized, dense ball isn't.

>Bob's Red Mill.
lol american rice

the best rice comes from the local viet supermarket and always has the most ribbons and medals stitched into the bag

How do you get puffy and fluffy rice?

I use basmati, and I microwave it in water with some oil or butter, and spices. It usually comes out stuck together and kind of stodgy.

I think I'm going to switch to white rice from now on. Any tips on getting perfect rice are welcome.

>microwave it

you need to rinse that shit off until the water is mostly clear.

Yes. True Asian who learned from paw-paw (not sure how to type but that's how you pronounce it)

papa or pa-pa

I do rinse it. The water in the sink gets really cloudy so the bottom isn't visible. I noticed someone earlier say to soak the rice so I might try that.

1 cup brown rice
1.5 cups water
Drop of oil
Microwave for ~10 minutes

Comes out cooked. But the consistency isn't perfect. It's not fluffy like the white rice I see in sushi.

Your ratios are fine, but don't microwave it, do it in an actual stove and leave it more time than just 10 minutes.

For my Asian style rice, no. Though, years ago my family did rinse beforehand but that was because you needed to back then.

you are using basamati rice, its never going to be like sushi. it should be fluffy in the dry sense, not the sticky sense.

yes

Rice cooks better when you wash it

Yes I do. Since I eat brown rice washing and soaking the rice not helps it cook better but removes arsenic as well.
cnn.com/2016/04/25/health/arsenic-rice-cereal-baby/

This

CLEVER!

Nah, i usually give it a couple honks with pic related, and then toss it in the cooker
perfect rice, every time.