Pie thread

So, what is your favorite pie? Do you make your own?
Also, rate mine/tell me what you think?

Wild blueberry, lemon meringue, and Rhubarb. (all made from scratch, naturally)

Other urls found in this thread:

sbcanning.com/2012/02/cherry-pie-filling-tastes-better-than.html?m=1
simplyscratch.com/2010/11/how-to-a-perfect-pie-crust.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My top number 1's peanut butter and coconut cream and banana cream.

Hair.

Apple Dutch Crum

im drunk af and would kill for a slice of any of those OP, nice work. blueberry is my favourite.

Pecan or pumpkin and nothing else.

Any sort of ftuit pies is for fruits and no one else.

pumpkin is a fruit you fruit

lol no
You ever see pumpkin in a fruit salad?

Yes
It was a god dammed mistake was what it was

I don't make many pies myself, but I make and sell a lot of home canned pie filling. One of my most popular flavors is white cherry basil. It tastes like fruity pebbles.

I'm curious af. Pls I must know more

Ask me anything.

My favorite pie is pecan pie, my wife makes all the pie in the house as she was a professional baker for 8 years.

The lemon meringue pie got too hot, both of the other pies needs better crust with a more consistent thickness of crust. Another thing that will help is the addition of a either a little more starch to the pie filling or a pie bird as they are clearly too watery as well.

Do you start with like a syrup base when you make the filling?
I haven't cooked with basil. What flavor does it lend to the filling?
What makes the filling taste like fruity pebbles?

>that beading on the lemon menagerie

there is literally nothing better than apple pie. i like to get the apples really good and caramelised

I start with a base made of juice or water, modified corn starch and sugar.
Basil lends a nice herbal background when you add it to pie filling. I use cinnamon basil in my white cherry filling. That's what gives it that fruity pebbles taste. I have to admit, I was surprised by the smell and taste when I first added it.

Here's my Banana + Coconut cream pie. It was delicious.

Steak and ale is clearly the best pie.

they look kind of undercooked, honestly.

chess pie, pumpkin pie, egg tarts at dim sum (they count right?),

Steak, bacon and cheese pies are my favourite

Oh my goodness. I love pie. Your pies look 10/10 also.

Rhubarb vanilla with tapioca pearls as thickener

>So, what is your favorite pie?
probably a savory meat pie of some kind. Not a fan of sweet pies.

derby pie my favrote

I would eat those pies, but 10/10?

What the fuck are you smoking?

Sometimes it has to be imperfect to be perfect.

care to share the recipe?

Either straight rhubarb or raspberry-rhubarb. Honestly those are the only two things I've made into pie because they're what grows around my house.

Mmmmhmmm.

Thats looks like perfect technique right there. I approve heartily of butter slices before baking.

Do you add a sprinkle of baking soda to cut the acid? Topcrust?

that looks like the perfect recipe for a soggy bottom son

>Do you add a sprinkle of baking soda to cut the acid?
No, just sugar, flour, and salt tossed with the rhubarb. I like the tart anyway.
>Topcrust?
Indeed, brushed with milk and sprinkled liberally with sugar.

That's why you cover the bottom of the crust with sugar and put it on a baking sheet in the oven. Bottom crust sets up quickly before the juice cooks out of the fruit.

I made two chicken pot pies last Sunday. I wish I had pictures, they turned out really good.

That's a tough one. There's this little place near me that makes the best blueberry pies in the world, but my aunt also makes the best pecan pies in the world. It's impossible to choose.

I make pie occasionally. My favorite's either cherry-blueberry pie, or a creme brulee pie recipe my mom found on Food Network's site. Sounds a bit odd but it tastes delicious.

Haha! nice. I enjoy serving drunk people pie/food.
Pecan is actually my favorite, personally. I make pumpkin, but not this time of year (i only use certain pumpkins...kind of picky)
thanks for the insight! however i disagree (perhaps the photo made it look different than it is)
glad you enjoyed
Nice work!
Perhaps, but they werent.
Thanks!
I sometimes do pot pies, but not in a few years.

Dijon mustard tomato pie

sbcanning.com/2012/02/cherry-pie-filling-tastes-better-than.html?m=1

Add basil to taste.

I feel like this is one of those dishes that sounds gross initially, but once you eat it is tasty as fuck.

Tell me more.

>dat pic
Reciple?

Is there any way to make pies more cheaply? What's the cheapest pie filling that can be made from scratch?

If you can grow the stuff for it very likely Rhubarb

>however i disagree
You disagree with something that is visually evident to anyone with the most basic knowledge of how pies are made?

How do you expect to improve if you think those pies are pies are fine when they clearly are not? The rhubarb one completely fell apart on top because there was no support after the rhubarb started to lose water. Both pies got soggy crusts because you didnt use large enough sugar crystals or pie birds and you think its fine?

This is why Veeky Forums sucks, when someone gives you honest feedback based on facts you just jam your fat fingers in your ears and scream tendies.

I agree.
Leaky, underdone pies are not good pies.

This. I have abused the shit out of my rhubarb and it continues to live.

Apple too.

What's second best? I live in an apartment, so growing space is very limited on my balcony.

I guess shitty apples from your local supermarket.

quite, a soggy pie is a sad pie.

What is your pie crust recipe? Last time I tried it it was dumb and fucked up

Not that user, but this is what I've used the last 3x, and had very good and tasty results.
simplyscratch.com/2010/11/how-to-a-perfect-pie-crust.html

When it comes to water, always err on the side of less.

Why make pie when you can make cookies?

>implying
All that warm space doesn't go to waste.

steak and mushroom

Pecan
Cherry
Other berries
Not a big fan of pumpkin

Shoe fly pie is the best fucking pie ever! A true PA classic