Lobster

Anyone ever tried lobster? I've always wanted to try eating lobster, but never really knew what to eat with it nor how to best cook it. And what about drinking with it, should I drink some corona with it? Or maybe dine with fine red wine? Saw some small frozen ones for only a fiver each.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobster_roll
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Beer and Champagne both go with lobster.

"The four most overrated things in life are champagne, lobster, anal sex and picnics."
- Christopher Hitchens

I love lobster, but it has to been cooked right. Boiled or steamed lobster is the most boring way to eat it, and I really think it's one reason why some people hate lobster.
The most luscious way to cook it is to butter poach it, but that takes a lot of butter and isn't the healthiest option (but it's damn good).
You can also poach it in other cooking liquids, like seafood stock and white wine, or miso broth, or court bouillon.
Grilled lobster is excellent too, (and has numerous flavorful basting sauce options) as is chili-garlic roasted lobster.

Stuff black people and trash eat too celebrate anniversaries and birthdays

It's crap

No wonder he was such a shit lord. He had no idea how to enjoy life.

I typed "w-h-i-t-e trash" but my phone dropped the first part, weird

Lobster roll: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobster_roll
You can do your own legwork for a recipe

Lobster is really nothing special, it's just slightly softer crab. Have it with your favorite toppings, butter, scallions, whatever. Makes a decent flatbread.
Large

He's right about picnics. Lobster may be overrated as a prestige dish, but that doesn't mean it isn't delicious. But if sex seems overrated you're having sex with the wrong people, just like if Champagne is overrated you're drinking the wrong Champagne.

Why aren't lobsters boiled in crab boil? A giant crawfish would be delicious.

What makes you think they aren't?

I haven't heard of it, so I would think it is at least uncommon. I also just looked through a couple of cooking sites and it wasn't mentioned. I'm sure it's been done, but lobsters don't get the standard treatment other shellfish do.

a couple months back my friends ordered chinese food and i went halves with them on a whole giant lobster as long as i got to keep the carcass. i took it home and put it in the freezer.

few days ago i made a stock with it and boiled it down and made a linquine with frozen prawns and cod and stuff. it was fucking god tier and killer value for money

Sounds good

the picture is a crawfish ...not a lobster....

My guess is that it's because lobster is so much more expensive.

The "crab boil" thing tends to get used for informal dishes--invite a bunch of people over and have a crawfish boil, lowcountry boil, or similar. A bunch of cheap ingredients tossed in a giant pot and cooked.

On the other hand if you spent the money for something like lobster, then a more elaborate preparation may be in order?

Mind you, I'm not knocking crawfish/crab/lowcountry boils, I'm just theorizing.

My favorite way to eat lobster is to split 'em down the middle, lengthwise. Remove the "sand sac" or whatever the heck that thing is called. Season with salt, pepper, fresh crushed garlic, and maybe a little drizzle of oil or butter. Then grill directly over a hot fire. Same method is delicious for really big shrimp.

It's a giant sea cockroach, you boil it and eat it. Maybe a little butter for dipping.

Save guts and shells to make bisque.

Lobster shouldn't be expensive if you live near the ocean.

You're probably getting ripped off.

I agree with you, but:

1) Most people don't live near the ocean.
2) Even if you do live near the ocean, it's still comparatively more expensive than a crab boil or crawfish boil.

That's exactly what makes it a prestige dish for people who don't live near the ocean. It's expensive to get your hands on, so that makes it special. If you live near the coast it's not seen as such a prestigious food. I live on the coast and would rather eat clams.

Hitch apparently doesn't pitch.

hitchens was such a bullshit merchant. lobster carcasses have such a ridiculous amount of flavour it is fucking paradise to work with them.

Fucking this. It always bugs me when I see lobster tails for sale in the market. I find myself wondering what happened to the rest of the lobster? Who wants just the damn tail? Ditto for shrimp.

I had lobster ravioli once and it was fucking delicious

he said anal sex not sex in general

>Anyone ever tried lobster?
that's some blattant underaged posting there

That appears to be a crayfish.
Lobster is generally overpriced so if you're gonna spend the money you should get it as fresh as possible for the full experience.

Best for pure concentrated lobster is to stab it in the brain, steam it for a few seconds to get the meat to retract from the shell then separate the arms, body and tail and roast or grill them removing each as they're done, then extract the meat and use the rest to make a sauce.

The places where lobster is most popular in newendland often do more of a "bake" than a boil.
Open fire with a cooking grate over, lobster, potatoes, corn, clams, muscles, whatever else and lots of seaweed to steam everything.

What kind of a faggot doesn't like anal?

Like there's another kind of sex.

I go out on casco bay to help a coworker lobster once or twice a week. The pregnant ones don't look very apatizing but we throw them and any fertile female back out.

I'm not a huge fan of the stuff myself. I should really start eating more of it. What with all the local high quality seafood nearby.

Agreed. The only good lobster I've ever had was poached in butter. Lobster, itself, really doesn't have much flavor; it's more of a novelty. That being said I may cook some tonight as I have one in my freezer

I live in new Hampshire about 10 minutes from the Maine border so I've had lobster more to can count it is one of my favorite foods