Organ meats

Just fried some chicken hearts with butter and olive oil together with garlic and onion. Turned out great. Does Veeky Forums eat organ meats?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bj-f_Uq7bcA
primalpalate.com/paleo-recipe/chicken-liver-and-onions/,
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Only in hot dogs or sausage.

I just ate chicken liver and onions last night, user.

Good stuff. Feel very properly Jewish.

Yep. I stick the hearts on skewers and grill 'em. I also chop them up fine, saute with shallots & mushroom trimmings, and then use that mix to stuff the caps of larger mushrooms.

That sounds really good. I'm new to organ meats and I'm thinking about doing a stew with chicken hearts. Is this a good idea or will they get too chewy? I heard they can get rubbery if your overcook them.

>Feel very properly Jewish
Why, because it's cheap shit meat?

>I heard they can get rubbery if your overcook them.

Any and all meats follow a curve. Cook them a little bit and they get firm as the proteins denature. Keep cooking them longer and eventually it will get tender again.

Stews are an example of the latter. Cook it long enough and it will get tender.

I'm guessing because liver and onions is a traditional Jewish meal.

Because I'm of Slavic and Jewish descent and it's a traditional dish? And it's delicious.

Makes sense. Might try a coq au vin with them,

>chicken hearts
>chicken gizzards
>chicken livers
all are versatile and delicious

I usually only get beef hearts as they're what my supermarket has, kidneys are goat too

Liver is bland bitter shit

friends mom makes beef heart w/ aji panca and some kind of green spicy peruvian sauce its fucking great

I want to make faggots but I'm having a hard time getting my hands on a full pluck

youtube.com/watch?v=bj-f_Uq7bcA

I've got some organ meat for you OP, about 5 bulging inches worth

Holy fuck that is hilarious

Sure do. I found chicken gizzards to be better than hearts, which were still just too damn chewy even after a soak in buttermilk.

I tried it only in Mongolia. Fucking Horrible. Admittedly heart was the best organ of them all. Still, the memory gives me the creeps every time.

As an ethnic Chinese person, I've eaten my share of offal. Pork lungs are extraordinarily tender boiled in vegetable soup, like delicately savoury tofu. Beef tripe is also good, but better suited for afternoon tea than a full meal.

man, that's damned crazy.
given the ocasion, could you tell me, what the hell was this?
in China somebody took me for the hot pot (huo guo, right?). among all those thing thrown inside was something... a little bit like octopus skin, but more likely of plant origin. it was in square pieces. dark colour. it had texture as if somebody tried to furiously perforate it wit a pen, but never succeded, acquiring only holes (and stumps on the other side)
do you have any idea of what the fuck could it be?

I grill chicken hearts too. It's my favorite way to prepare them

could be dehydrated pig skin or tripe

can you describe the texture?

first of all it reminded me of some seafood. but I may be wrong.
it was too delicate to be ant kind of meat, I believe. It seemed planty.
The closest imagewise I can get is pic related. don't really remember the details, but in one chunk there was like ten to twenty of such appendices.
Like I said the colour was very dark. It might have been green before, but was too changed for recognition already

Where to get chicken hearts? I've only been able to eat them opportunistically. If I go to a butcher and ask are they gonna be "Yeah, got a shitload o' hearts I wasn't gonna do nothing with, you want 'em?"

Possible. They might sell them to you cheap instead. They might just throw them out, or they might receive cuts they cut more but have lots of offal removed. It's at least worth a try.

my boy, there is a reason chicken hearts are considered a delicacy. In order to get them you have to be either very rich and have some nigga to get them for you, or you have to buy some eggs.
here the adventure starts. get a good blanket, get a very warm lamp. heat the eggs gently at around 25 celsius for about two to three weeks. as they hatch, it's time to become a mother. you will need to teach them life, feed them constantly, care about them... you know this stuff. Ask your mother or something.
finally, after a couple of months, your hearts will become mature. Buy a cleaver. enjoy the feast of the dead.
good luck user

Did it look something like this, user?

I made a fuck ton of gizzards, but unfortunately I am just no japanese master chef. one day i'll learn how to grill like they do in sumika los altos. cutting went pretty well on the other hand. I used the extras in my dirty rice so no loss on my shitty japanese skewer skills.

not a tiny little bit. check the pic provided. it was covered enyirely in such appendices. Also it was very flat, like maybe 2-4 millimeters thick. Also if it was meat, it would be the fucking strangest tasting meat I tried. Taste itself wasn't very strange, but it wasn't very meaty if you follow me

I am craving some kidneys, which ones are better and the best way to make them delicious?

Don't forget, for the best tasting chicken heart, you have to extract it from the chicken's chest while it is still alive

and sacrafice the first of the bunch to satan, yes.

Calf, in my opinion.

Simmer the bastards in butter, white wine, thyme, and peppercorns. It's my personal opinion that this is delicious.

I mostly eat a lot of beef hearts in stew with lots of thickly cut veg and red wine. It's good.

Go to an Asian or Mexican store. It's not super cheap, but it's comparable in price to other cheap meats and is delicious.

Don't let this dumbass cunt jew fool you. It's a traditional meal because it's dirt cheap. They would eat pig slop if it was free.

Look up soondae.
Shits Korean and shits real tasty.
It's pig blood and intestines lungs and liver.
It looks like a pile of gut cuz it is. Not very pretty to look at. But super delish. Always get it when I travel to Korea.

Also gopchang.
It's cow or pig intestine on grill
Looks, again, awful.
But it's so juicy and fatty.
10/10.

Have you tried it? It's very good, for a cheap Jew cut. :) Much better than your chicken tendies.

I've been trying to eat some more for the nutritional benefits. Hearts are my favorite.

I wanna try beef liver next. Tripe sounds great but my roommate would murder me

Why? It doesn't really smell bad. If you're allowed to cook fish, why not tripe?

They grew up with their parents making menudo and are a faggot about it.

tripe is great as menudo or pancita, a good piece of tripe in a soup of pasilla with tomato and some diced onions is really good

I found it in a regular super market store where I live along with the regular chicken breasts and legs and stuff, that's why I tried them in the first place.

곱창, 대창 and 막창 is fucking GOAT. I spent 300$ eating nothing but this for 4 hours my last night in Korea. Sooooo good

>곱창, 대창 and 막창

looks like black pudding

>giblets
Your Korean sucks, round eye.

Fried sweetbreads are the shit. Pickled heart is also good. My family makes both quite often.

Beef heart curry is one of my favorite things to make

He was quoting the other user, are you retarded?

You could cook dog shit with garlic and onion and it would still taste good

Never eat organs its where the qi is

>not wanting to absorb an animal's qi

Had that shit during my trip in Korea last month. It tasted amazing, I couldn't have enough of it

Try duck hearts (10/p) marinated with red wine some garlic and piment d'Espelette
In hot pan, serve with salty potatoes fried with duck fat
It's fucking amazing, and could kill You

have you tried soaking it in milk for an hour or so?
Live is fucking deliscious

Does offal count as an "organ meat"?

dried fish stomach

I want to try pork brains in scrambled eggs, I hear that's good.

Also, not organs, but I've always wanted to eat pigs ears and beef tongue.

It's just not commonly available anymore, otherwise I'd pick some up.

Ox tongue is delicious.

I dated a Lao girl (ie: from Laos, calling them "Laoitian" is incorrect) and literally the only reason I regret breaking up with her is because I don't know where to get/how to prepare that shit.

So fucking good.

Man, she sounds fucking terrible what went wrong?

AYyy Lao!

>Does Veeky Forums eat organ meats?
Duck liver
duck foie gras
duck gizzards confied
chicken liver
rabbit liver and kidneys
veal kidney
veal sweetbread
veal tongue
beef tripes
beef heart
pork feets and cheeks (technically not offals, but hard to find)
lamb brain and tongues
goose foie gras
I tasted "andouilette" but it's terrible...

How can I get over the stigma of eating organ meats? I want to try them but at the same time the thought grosses me out a little.

I love kidneys, grilled and in a stew

Why does it gross you out? You eat the rest of the animal. It's just smooth vs skeletal muscle.

stigmas are part of a flower, not organ meat

innards are GOAT tier meat desu. i dont know why more people eat it. my favorite are liver (from all animals), chicken heart and stomach, pig kidney, beef tongue and heart

I tried Cow Heart for Peruvian Anticuchos recently. Hardest part was finding the Aji Panca.

Turned out really good. Really tender. Worked great as reheated with onions and a little hot sauce with other taco stuff. Need to git gud at butchering the heart itself though. Fileting it to get rid of the silver skin is a huge pain in the ass.

Stamen, not stigma, you melon.

No, wait, I'm wrong. I guess I'm the melon.

Because he gutted the chicken alive to satiate his kosher need for animal cruelty

Begin with something easy. Do you have liver pate in your country? Try that on a sandwich. I also found hearts to be the least odd for some reason while the thought of tongue still kind of feels weird to me.

Sounds pretty offal m8

>brains
Don't do that nigga.
The amount of cholesterol in brains is no joke and no exagerration.
I mean you can try it once but don't try to make that shit a part of your diet.

>mfw people complain about liver being "too hard" "bitter" "like boot leather"

beef tongue is delicious, tastes like a richer roast beef
where do you live? in the US most mexican restaurants (at least in areas that actually have a mexican population) serve tongue

Beef tongue is an incredibly tender meat.

is there anything wrong with beef liver?
I have some in my fridge for the first time and I've been meaning to do something with it, only tried chicken ones before.

I think Willys sell them frozen for 20kr/kg.

what the hell do you have to do to a liver to make it hard?

You're not a real jew until you're eating human heart and drinking the blood of christian children

How long do you cook the mushrooms? I will be doing this.

Theres a place 50miles south that sells smoked beef tongue slices. Should I buy it when i go there next weekend?

Nonsense. We prefer to make sausages out of the blood.

I really wanna get into it, but I tried chicken liver once, and - surprise, surprise - it tasted too much liver for me. It really tasted just like liver paste. I like liver paste on sandwiches, but eating chunks of liver paste just like that doesn't do it for me. Now I'm afraid I won't like the taste of heart either. Guess I should try it anyway, but the liver thing has put me off.

Care to share how you cook it?

I feel like they would lose taste if you buy them frozen, though?

do something similar to primalpalate.com/paleo-recipe/chicken-liver-and-onions/, keeping it simple is a good idea since the flavors are very strong as it is

liver can be tricky. theres a sweet spot where it comes out juicy but tasty like any other cut on the bird. its hard to figure out where that point is.

My mom used to make barbacoa with beef tongue. So damn good

Overcook it.

Wow, that's cheap. I found them fresh for 22kr for a package of ~0.5 kg at my local store. (30kr/paketet in another store further away).

make pilaf with chicken hearts and livers. shit is delicious

Sounds good, how do you make it?

>goat tier
Foie either duck or goose
Chicken hearts
Veal sweetbreads
>good tier
Chicken liver
Veal hearts
Lamb kidneys
Honeycomb tripe
Lamb heart