College dropout here, my major was culinary arts...

College dropout here, my major was culinary arts. I know a little about cooking and cooked food for my family from when i was 15 to 17, i'm 20 now and haven't cooked a thing in 2 years and forget almost everything about cooking. Last night i cooked tacos for my girlfriend and they were alright, she sad "they weren't too bad" the recipe was
>1 green, one red, one yellow pepper
>2 jalapeno peppers
>1 jar of medium salsa
>1lb of ground beef
>That's it
What are some easy recipes i can cook to start relearning how to really cook?

Other urls found in this thread:

dtcc.edu/academics/programs-study/culinary-arts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So... you just dumped all that shit in a pan? Sounds to me like you made sloppy joes instead of tacos. You used vegetables to season the ground beef. That's....not how you do it. You need to use actual spices. Salsa's fine, peppers are fine. But they're not substitutes for spices.

sorry bud but culinary arts is not an actual college degree.....not hating, just informing

Just maked this today, its just a frozen chicken patty sliced in half, seasoned potato wedges, a big hot dog bread toasted with garlic butter. You top the sandwich with marinara sauce an top it with parmesan cheese. It tasted pretty good and I didnt did a mess. Did I do well?

Well it was at community college and attended other college classes so i assumed i went to college.

>So... you just dumped all that shit in a pan? Sounds to me like you made sloppy joes instead of tacos
Yeah kinda, what spices do you recommend/.

You where wrong. You are already cooking what you are qualified to make the way you know best

>where

just out of curiosity, what other classes did you take that were not cooking related? like i said im not hating, it is just that culinary arts is more like a trade school type deal

Not OP but that's exactly what it is, broski. Every CC I've been to (3 because moving a lot) all have culinary programs. It's an associate's degree with a concentration in cooking. You take other shit that a standard associate's degree requires, like basic math, English/Lit, a science, etc. But the bulk of your "core" classes are cooking.

Others are more directly cooking related, and you get a certificate (like trade school) instead of the associate's degree.

dtcc.edu/academics/programs-study/culinary-arts

thanks. i learned something new and have a little more respect for chefs

ahaha white people!!! when ya parents gone half the time aint no choice, u gotta learn 2 cock!!

no

ummm...at least we know who are parents are

OP here, it's true in my case but hey at least i'm not a nigger.

wait.

you MAJORED in CULINARY ARTS and you have now forgotten everything about cooking?

are you a goldfish? that is like if i majored in music and forgot what a dominant chord is

>college drop out, can't even do an easy non-degree and an all around failure
>doesn't cook, is probably a stoner
>gf

I think it's because I'm not funny, that must be it

i do have a gf tho thats why i'm cooking again
i smoke a lot of pot

Topic is locked. See global rule #2.

:^))

>majors in culinary arts
>hasn't cooked in two years

Did you eat fast food for two fucking years straight?

What the fuck did you eat for two years? How is it even possible that a person fails to cook a meal for themselves for 2000+ meals straight? Were you, a college dropout, spending all of his money on overpriced fast food for multiple years in a row?

lmao...i spelt our as are....global rule 2....explain, i refuse to read Veeky Forums rules.........i don't like rules or for that matter the people that make them

Wtf. This man went to school for culinary art, even if for only a brief time. And still managed to completely butcher making tacos. Something everyone should be able to make.

You speak like you're from Latin America.

I agree

Chili powder would work well with tacos.

Fucking this, what the fuck man.
Also, dropout here, fucking kill me. At least I failed in fucking IT engineering. Welp, trying again in a year.