What do you guys put on your baked pasta? I'm getting a little fed up of just marinara sauce and parmesean cheese

What do you guys put on your baked pasta? I'm getting a little fed up of just marinara sauce and parmesean cheese.

meat and vegetables

What meat and what vegetables?

Nice quads.

green beans

Pieces of bacon . Mushrooms. Peas.

I'm vegan, what would you suggest for me, obviously i'll omit the cheese and i'll be using organic rice flour pasta as I cannot eat gluten.

M̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ vegetables

In my part of Italy, we make a tomato sauce in which we stew a piece of beef breast.

We eat the sauce with pasta (or far more rarely, rice), but the breast is often pulled apart and shredded and used in sandwiches and panuozzi or, alternately, used in layered casserole dishes, like lasagne, timballi/timpane and baked pasta dishes.

My area does lasagne with no ricotta or bechamel sauce using, instead, a LOT of provola or dry fior di latte, the shredded breast and the sauce it was cooked in.

You could try that.
Or pork. We cook a whole pork shoulder/pork breast (or, if we're making a large enough portion of sauce, both the pork and beef), though for some reason, this pork is never used in casseroles and I don't know why. Sausages are used in some, though.

If you're looking for something completely different, we also do a green sauce based on spinach. It's cooked in much the same manner as tomato sauce, but using blanched-shocked-and-puréed spinach in place of tomato. That's never done with beef, though. Pork, chicken and sausages are used. And though not traditional, I use that sauce in making layered casseroles from time to time. Goes very well with provola.

Shrimp or even some cheap but delicious imitation crab meat will make for a delicious pasta bake.

op, make pastitsio next time. it'll be a tasty change to our pasta bake.

OP here again. I'm going to the store soon and I want to know if you guys have any recommendations on what sauce I should buy?

feta and spinach

>Vegan
Kek

Looks really good actually. Just feta and spinach? Isn't that dry? Do you have some olive oil and garlic in there too?

Feta melts

That pic is not mine though. I always put in lots of garlic and onions

chicken, bacon and broccoli, together with a garlic sauce and parmesan/mozzarella

Macaroni mincemeat casserole in the Greek style

Every single time I see a supposed vegan on the internet, I have to invoke poe's law to myself.

I make a fast simple macaroni casterol that i enjoy.

Boil larger elbow maccaroni. Fry bacon or simmilar. saute onions, garlic and some other vegetable if you like. I like to add brocolli or cellery for example. Add tomato paste or sund dried tomatoes, black pepper and thyme. Whisk together the appopriate amount of eggs and milk, sighlty less than one dl of milk per egg. Put the vegetables and bacon and macaronis in a coated pan and pour the egg-milk mixture on. Top with bread crumbs and parmesan. Put in oven at 225 C until not runny

Onion
Broccoli
Maybe carrots and cauliflower
Spicy sausage

> vegan
> glutton allergy

Top kek

>i'll be using organic rice flour pasta as I [s]cannot[/s] choose not to eat gluten even though I do not have celiac disease

Grow up. Gluten free is a meme.

I just love knowing that this retard gets so triggered by something that doesn't even concern him. lol

>Leftover rotisserie chicken
>A package of frozen spinach, defrosted
>Onions
>Minced garlic
>Assorted vegetables (Basically clear the crisper of squash, mushrooms, bell peppers, tomatoes, etc.)
>Half and half
>Butter
>Salt and pepper
>Fully cooked penne
>Top with mozz

Put it in a 400F oven for 40-50 minutes and you have a quick, pantry clearing chicken florentine