Beer Thread

Whatcha drinkin, Veeky Forums?

I'll be starting out the weekend with a glass of this and some stewed beef short ribs.

Other urls found in this thread:

rogue.com/rogueawards/?age-verified=74c19ed2bd
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This and their taddy porter are great. Didn't care for much else from SS

I haven't tried their taddy porter yet, but I also love their oatmeal stout.

Can anyone give me an IPA recommendation that's actually good and doesn't taste like pure pine trees and bitterness?

I had a Double IPA with watermelon the other day that was enjoyable but it was mostly due to the watermelon.

You want a citra hopped ipa. Centennial ipa from founders is good too, along with two hearted

>you want a citra hopped ipa?
Said nobody, ever.

He doesn't want bitter pine. Citra is popular as fuck right now and on the other end of the spectrum for hops. Fruity, juicy, etc.

wtf are you talking about? Citradelic is one of my favorite beers.

JUST

been drinking all different kinds of beer once ever week for 2 years now and all of it tastes like bitter shit to me.

I'm trying to like it but it just feels bad. Like a chemical aftertaste.

Will I ever learn to enjoy beer

What were the last few beers you had?

Last full pint from the first ever keg dry hopped beer. Strange to have a beer that just smells more and more tropical each time you have it!

Gonna drink one of these with lunch before I go to work.

> [CURRENT YEAR]
> Still drinking "beer"

Cider masterclass here

That's a fag boy beverage, if you need your alcohol to taste like fruit then you don't truly like alcohol

Just picked a six pack of this up.
How did I do?

It's okay.

I like cider in the fall, but I like beer year round.

>How did I do?
You managed to go shopping, so I'm proud of you.
Overcoming autism and social anxiety is all about taking one step at a time until you feel you don't need your carer anymore.
Be strong, user.

Old Style.

>>The Official Beer of the Chicago Cubs.

Just the usual weekend.

>Stone sea salt and lime Wussie
Man that shit was great on tap.

Fantastic English bitter, ESB on steroids!

Gonna have some buddies over for some bro time in the back yard.

Can anyone recommend some good lambics? I've had Lindeman's Kriek and loved it but I'd like to dig a little deeper.

Better have been the Cuvée René, because otherwise you haven't actually had a lambic. As for recommendations - anything with "Oude" on the label

>tfw leaving for Poland on Sunday
Polish craft scene is bretty gud, yo

Great Divide makes good shit, pic related is what I'm drinking

I like this one a lot. I'm no expert on the style, It's just my favorite of the few Gueuze I've tried, and I prefer all those to the fruit lambics.

I fucking love regular fullers, that looks amazing

Going to the beer store. What are some high ABV beers (6.5% +) that taste really good?

lol what? Citra and/or Mosaic are in all the best modern IPA, fuck that west coast style shit

how big is your collection of "rare empties"?

What?
Enjoy your shitty Rogue

cigar city tonight

enjoy having your entire personal identity revolve around stupid bullshit

what are you even talking about?

you tell me, neckbeard. you were the one blogging about how the only good beers are citra and mosaic and how the west coast gives you an inferiority complex

tell us some more about your superior taste

Calm down man. I was just responding to a post where some guy confusingly said people do not like citra beers, then you start saying all sorts of random shit that is entirely unrelated to anything else that was said

fuck you bitch Rogue makes dankass beers

and wins international awards for it

nothing has ever come close to dat hazelnut brown nectar, imo.

So eat shit ok

Rogue makes some good beer, but their stuff is pretty mediocre relative to the price

>being a literal child
I bet you drink Moscato wines too you faggot.

That's the only beer I know of winning an award from them

rogue.com/rogueawards/?age-verified=74c19ed2bd

hundreds of awards

> then you start saying all sorts of random shit that is entirely unrelated to anything else that was said
you mean like "enjoy your shitty rogue"?

You were defending mediocre west coast IPA, it was a perfectly reasonable and relevant comment unlike anything you were whining about

you mean the west coast of florida?

going back to my original question, how big is the collection of "rare empties" lining your shelves?

bretty gud

Jai Alai is pretty good, definitely not a weest coast style IPA, not sure why you are trying to pivot the conversation to them

But please explain the ocrrelation in your mind between modern hop strains and collecting rare empties, whatever the fuck that means

>not sure why you are trying to pivot the conversation to them
I have no idea what you're even trying to say here, you keep accusing me of being a shill for rogue or something, and you're completely batshit obsessed with the west coast and all hops that existed prior to 2013, and how they raped your mother and are literally the cancer that is killing beer

I'm attempting to draw on whatever tenuous links may exist between reality and your universe, hence the mention of the west coast of florida

maybe if your entire identity didn't involve denouncing beer styles that have been around longer than last Tuesday, you might understand why I'm giving you shit for being a huge neckbeard

Citra-esque IPA has been cool since at least 2009 man

Citra rules.

I'm drinking this one-day-old Simcoe-only NE IPA though.

Besides being a fucking contrarian, why are you defending this post?
Are you just saying random shit pulling the whole pretending to be a retard act?

telling you you're a retard for having a bizarre hate-boner for all beers from the west coast and all hop strains that have existed longer than last Tuesday is not the same as being the same guy you're having a catfight with

fucking relax, it's just beer

>it's just beer
Yeah, stick to your yuengling

You are really jumping to some wild conclusions

This is the most autistic thread I've seen for a long time, congrats faggots.

Sort of a reference to the west coast beer hate, something I've noticed sampling beers in different areas of the world from different areas in the world is that lots of beers tend to taste worse the further you are from where they were brewed.

I don't know if it's something that happens during shipping, exposure to light or differing temperatures, or even just aging, but a west coast beer purchased on the east coast is definitely not as good as if you purchased it on the west coast and vice versa.

The Dogfish IPA I drank when I was in Oregon did not taste as good as when I was in New Jersey, and the Rogue IPA I drank in New Jersey was not nearly as good as when I drank it in Oregon. Also, I've never had a good Guiness in the US.

t. neckbeard with rare empties collection who says shit like "I'm really into craft beer" because the presumption is that if you say "beer" you OBVIOUSLY mean yuengling and bud light
it's all right here in the thread. you're the one jumping to conclusions thinking I'm "defending" some guy, unless you mean I'm defending beer containing hops that have been around since longer than last Tuesday in which case, yes, I am.

It's not that West Coast IPA is bad, its just that its not as good as more modern styles. West Coast IPA is more about the neckbeardy pursuit of more and more bitterness while East/Midwest IPA is more about balance and aroma

I love ommegang

It could be a freshness thing, but I suspect it is your head playing tricks on you. Confirmation bias, expectations, the odd happy accident.

Well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Personally, I think all IPAs are fucked. I'd rather drink malt liquor than an IPA.

>west coast neckbeardy
Don't mind me just sipping on an 'ASS CLOWN IPA' containing ghost peppers from... California? No? Oregon? Nope. Oh look, the East Coast

Dude, we are talking about styles. Not all beer made in such regions, there are plenty of good IPAs on the west coast, and west coast style IPAs made elsewhere, but thats entirely beside the point

I dunno, exposure to light and varying temperatures can seriously effect a beer in negative ways.

I don't think it's my head playing tricks on me.

>>west coast neckbeardy
ever hear of Portland? The epicenter of West Coast beer, and full to the brim of forgettable mediocre IPA and neckbeards

thxm8

Oregonian here.

Also, home to the most microbreweries per capita on the planet. So yeah, there's gonna be lots of bad IPAs.

Exactly. Oregon has a fucking lot of decent craft beer, but very little excellent beer

I would say we actually have a lot of excellent beer, it's just hard to figure out which it is because the market is so big.

If you ever around Portland, rather than buying bottles, I'd suggest hitting up some pubs and asking for advice. I've always thought it tasted better from the tap.

Any of the McMenamin's pubs are a personal favorite.

Why can't you niggers just drink what you like, and stop having autistic outbursts instead of civilized discussion?

because ipas have a ton of hops. hops lead to estrogen conversion in men. Excessive estrogen = roller coaster emotions and excessive bitching and moaning

IPAs are okay, but they've become hipster memes. I find other styles of ale more refreshing.

I do find the IPA meme super annoying. My favorite has always been brown ales because they are so smooth. It's not very popular in the US, and now all of a sudden there are all these "American Brown Ales" that are super hoppy, trying to cash in on the IPA meme.

Got this

IPAs have long been a 'normie' meme.

why do people even like IPAs? they taste like absolute fucking garbage

Drinking this, among other things

Been trying to get into Porters lately and this one seems okay but I still prefer Stouts

Some people like things that you don't, and vice versa.

Jesus Christ what a shit thread.
Got to try this stuff the other day. Was pretty solid, a little too much banana/bubblegum type flavor than I like in my hefe, but still pretty good and easy going down.
Also yes, I know New Glarus is a meme. They still make good beer.

because beer is part of the "real man" identity in flyover land, and if you challenge someone's preferences in beer you are literally undermining their masculinity

remember too that flyovers have a really hard time dealing with different opinions and values than their own, because they define "good person" as "a person who is similar to me" and they define "bad person" as "a person who is unlike me"

hence why when a flyover hears an opinion that differs from theirs they think "oh it must be a wicked foreigner trying to steal my precious bodily fluids" and they fly into a rage as per the doctrine of mutually assured destruction

Why can't you niggers just drink what you like, and stop having autistic outbursts instead of civilized discussion?

because beer is part of the "real man" identity in flyover land, and if you challenge someone's preferences in beer you are literally undermining their masculinity

remember too that flyovers have a really hard time dealing with different opinions and values than their own, because they define "good person" as "a person who is similar to me" and they define "bad person" as "a person who is unlike me"

hence why when a flyover hears an opinion that differs from theirs they think "oh it must be a wicked foreigner trying to steal my precious bodily fluids" and they fly into a rage as per the doctrine of mutually assured destruction

You should just stick to wine threads guy

Simcoe only is an strange choice. As an homebrewer i often get some cat piss tones if i overuse the hop.

I live in a somewhat large town along the central coast of California. Where should I look to find good beer outside of major supermarkets? Do I just go around to local breweries and make pick ups from there? Can I order this stuff online?

Socal reporting. Our bigger liquor stores usually have killer craft beer selections. However, if you've got some local breweries that make stuff you like growlers will be the most cost effective way to get your fix

I am originally from SoCal but moved to central California for College and stayed there. Which bigger liquor stores do you mean? Are there any brands I should try first before I make a dive?

This tastes better from the bottle than in a glass imho

I copped a 6 pack of some pineapple ale from a friend (in cans) today. He'd bought it for a party the week before and never opened one, he's not going to drink it alone (I will kek) so he gave em to me.

I'm kinda afraid to try them because if they're shit then I have to get through at least one, then I have to give away a 5 pack. Anyone try pineapple ale I guess?

Latest beer, kegged about 5 hours ago and burst carbonated so the carbonation just rushes out of the beer leaving it flat in no time.

Still one of the top 5 beers i ever had. Read and heard alot about Mosaic hops that produced blueberry notes. Called bullshit as it always made my beers oniony and resiny. This one was mosaic heavy but all added after boil. Fucking insane beer!

Had to have another pour of it, the soft fleeing carbonation might even lend it to the beer,

Probably the best one i ever brewed at this point and top 3 overall.

WTF!

Blehehehehe

Currently drinking this
Its meh

Muhuhuhuhu

I'm about to leave for a party. What beer should I pick up on the way there?

Dale's Pale Ale