Voncentian Grilled Cheese

I'm a wizard.
This means I am magical.

Let me convey this to you by showing you the process by which you can make a fuckin' delicious gourmet grilled cheese sandwich.

First start with bread and a pan. Get out your ingredients and shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yq7_s8Y6uG8
vice.com/read/the-gross-aesthetic-of-reddit-bros-and-their-food-hacks-492
notvice.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Medium heat or something, doesn't matter. Get that pan ready to cook that bacon.

That's right, bacon on a grilled cheese sandwich.

The best.

Prepare your bread with a layer of mayo.

I use vegenaise because it tastes pretty good but any decent mayo will do. You can also use butter if you ran out of mayo, but you need it to help conduct heat into your cheese.

or.. something like that.

Look it's good okay.

Apply the bacon to the pan.

Use high quality bacon, unlike the oscar mayer brand i'm using. Get it from your local butcher or deli. You know what you doing.

Apply some cheese. Monterrey Jack, because that's what I've got.

Ye.

Stop talking like a fucking fifteen year old.

Apply pesto to your cheese, because you're worth it you fuck.

No.

Apply curry powder.

Apply a slice of cheese over the curry powder.

Also cover the pesto with garlic bits. Or garlic powder.

or garlic cloves.

Anything garlic.

The bacon proceeds.

Found this.

Should I?

Too late because I already did it.

you are going to chop the bacon right? two uncooked slices hanging out of some bread is disgusting. also would this recipe taste good with a sourdough or ciabatta bread, never tried it so curious for your opinion

Not only that, but I did it -correctly-.

Chop?
I split three bacon slices into six smaller bacon slices.

The pan fried the bacon. It became cooked.

I didn't put uncooked bacon into my sandwich, that would be horrifying.

I did, however, get it to the right amount of cooked. Too crispy and your bacon tastes burned, not crispy enough and it doesn't have a bit of a crunch to it.

completed bacon is applied to the sandwich.

Guess what's next.

Doesn't matter if you guess or not because i'm going to show you anyway.

One egg.

Fry the egg in the bacon grease.

Throw some pepper on it while you do that.

>Grilled cheese
>Frying pan

While the egg fries, apply dijon mustard to the other cheese.

You can also use whatever other weird condiment you choose, but I happened to have dijon mustard.

Other fun items include
Wasabi
Horseradish
Ranch dressing
Alfredo sauce
Curry paste
Sauteed mushrooms
Sauteed onions

Complete mishmash of flavors with salt and fat saving the day. No thanks.

Yeah yeah the "grilled" part is a misnomer, but that's what it's called.

Most people don't actually cook them on a grill. Also that's too much effort for the morning.

FLIP
THAT
EGG

What a mess.

if you ever get bored of this sandwhich you could use a white cheese with a mild flavor cream cheese could even work. finely chop the bacon and layer one side of the toast with a jam, spicy jalapeno jam or an apple jam would work great then put the bacon bits on that layer. on the other layer a fine costing of oven roasted garlic will do. can add walnuts or apples for maximum texture.

For real.
>watch me turn a shitty sandwich into a half-hour production
Naw, I'm good.

I prefer to call it a "rainbow of flavor".

Also a grilled cheese sandwich is inherently a salt-fat monstrosity. Cheese is all milkfat anyway.

you fucking ruined it

*in my opinion

I like the way you think. I've applied cream cheese before, it makes for an interesting texture.

I'm bored so whatev.

Delicious mess.

Apply butter to the surface of the bread, throw it into the pan on a slightly lower than medium heat so it doesn't burn the bread before the cheese is melted.

The fried egg makes it, in my opinion.

yeah if you're going to use cream cheese you just need a stiff bread like ciabatta

Look at that fucking slut of a sandwich.

Exactly my point - you're starting with overkill, then going orders of magnitude further in that direction. That is bullshit. May as well just eat Taco Bell.

This isn't a grilled cheese. This is more of a bacon egg and cheese.

This is not necessary, unless you're ONLY using cream cheese. I just kind of used the cream cheese as one ingredient in that particular sandwich.

I always mix cheeses with my sandwiches because that's how I do.

All that just to burn the fuck out of it

>hellodarknessmyoldfriend.jpg

Christ you burnt it, what a waste.

I like it a little dark.

Be sure to antagonize your sandwich.

pathetic, pleb

The other side came out less dark.

OP confirmed fifteen year old with no parents at home

Why would you put time and effort into making that? Seriously. With a little more restraint and thoughtfulness you copuld have made something good. Instead you managed to create a low rent Guy Fieri sandwich. Time to break out the ketchup.

Guess you also wanted to antagonize your tastebuds. Blecch.

I'm 25, lolowolo

Anyway the sandwich was delicious. The rainbow of flavor was a successful maneuver.

I'm done, criticize the sandwich and my life as you wish.

If I'd had them, I'd have put on sauteed mushrooms and onions, but I didn't want to go back to the store again.

I'll be back the next time I make a mushroom ravioli lasagna casserole.

Hahahahahaha

This is too good. All this wasted time and effort just to burn the ever living fuck out of it.

Also
>White bread

>White bread
He needed a blank canvas for his rainbow of flavor.

>he didnt put flour on bread

Buttermilk bread.

What would that have accomplished after the sandwich was complete?

I have never seen a reason to do that to a complete sandwich before.

you need to leave kid

Ingredients:
-2 slices of bread
-2 eggs
-1 slice of cheese
-butter

Directions:
1: Cut a circular hole in both pieces of bread with the mouth of a drinking glass.
2: Melt some butter in a hot skillet.
3: Place one slice of bread into the hot skill.
4: Break an egg into the hole of the bread in the skillet; lower the fire/heat to near-lowest setting.
5: Place the slice of cheese on top of the egg and bread in the skillet.
6: Place second slice of bread on top of the slice of cheese.
7: Break second egg into the hole of the top piece of bread and cheese.
8: Cover the skillet with a lid; cook for a few minutes or until egg on top is starting to turn white without burning the bottom.
9: Carefully flip the entire sandwich; cover and cook until golden brown on both sides.

Tips:
-Low heat and a lid are essential. This will depend on your skillet and stove top; experiment.
-Hold the bread down slightly until the first egg has had time to cook ever-so-slightly to prevent it from floating the bread up and oozing under it and out.
-Fry/toast the cut out pieces separately and eat.

Kudos son, for posting this failure.
Im sure you do better in the future, but this?
Wouldn't feed it to my dog.

>grilled cheese
>skillet
Retard.

Sit down, all of you fake-ass Gordon Ramseys.

We would all eat that greasy fry-up. Yes, he should have used thicker and better bread, but we'd all eat it.

Now, if he was making it for a friend, he'd ask if they wanted it burned. He made it for himself, so he added the delicious carcinogens. I also burn things specifically because I prefer it that way. I also purposefully undercook pancakes.

OP, next time, I would suggest that you use some thick, crusty bread. It can hold all of your toppings easily and has a great texture. Also, adding flour to the butter on the bread before you fry it is a good idea.

>not knowing its namesake is the flattop grill
>the current year

I should have known you were trolling much sooner. Damn you, Ja/ck/, what have you done to me?

>undercooking pancakes
>not turning them into solid carbon frisbees
you heathen

Haha, you thought I was trolling, but I actually ate the sandwich.

Now who's been trolled?
>the answer
>it's me
>tfw trolling myself
>what am i doing with my life

>*Grilled cheese, bacon, egg, pesto, mustard, and curry powder sandwich.

That's not a grilled Cheese; that's a melt.

AAAAAAAAARRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

I'm sorry OP, if you like it kudos to you but
AAAAAAIYYYYEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

It's fucking fried, that's what it is.

>pre sliced cheese
>mayo
>pesto (possibly the most bizarre thing about this)
>burnt

Awful. Here's a tip though, if you posted a few photos of whatever alcohol you clearly were drinking then this would be a popular post on /r/food

Another person who doesn't know what a plancha grill is, huh?

It ain't a skillet, thats for sure.

You don't think that the skillet is functionally the same as a plancha?

just drop it dude he's baiting you

kill yourself

I would have eaten it if you hadn't used curry powder and burned it to shit desu.

I'm not the one who's shit in the ktichen

>not using this recipe: youtube.com/watch?v=yq7_s8Y6uG8

perfect results every time.

>burnt af grilled cheese, eats the fuck out of it
>you like calories? put you some more oil in that pan pussy

I love that old dude. He just acts like his very last fuck was given about half a century ago

How do you even fail at grilled cheese holy fuck what's wrong with your attention span that you can't watch bread get brown for three minutes

over cooked

You made a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich.

Grilled cheese should only have cheese on it, cheese should be the majority of the sandwich, and maybe one or two other minor ingredients like onion or tomato.

Not trying to be obsessive about it, but it would be like calling a cheeseburger grilled cheese if you pan fried the bun.

>pesto with curry powder
get fucked you disgusting child

This thread is hella fuckin reddit, kill yourself my man

OP has so many flavors going on it is so dumb like stick to a couple jfc
normally I would flame you for this comment but I actually agree here. It is very Bro tier cooking

vice.com/read/the-gross-aesthetic-of-reddit-bros-and-their-food-hacks-492

>Be it white power, radicalized sexism, or advocacy on behalf of gamers (a.k.a. radicalized white power sexism), it's hard to find a group Reddit's mods won't drag their feet about banning.

Dear Lord don't let that writer come to 4chainz

>Vice
Disgusting pseudo journalism.

I know, I know, vice has gotten significantly more butthurt liberal since Gavin left

It's always been shit.

incorrect but I bet you were still swimming in your daddy's balls in 1995 so I don't expect you to understand

>He really thinks that Vice has ever been anything besides fake bro news that writes puff pieces for sponsors.

notvice.com/

It was an interesting read for a very long time, the "vice is bro news" meme is recent though accurate

You need to look back. A lot of their pieces deploy deception if not outright lies in their reporting and editing practices.

LMAO please tell me you burned it on purpose

who the hell reads vice news for actual news tho?

Blacked.com

Grilled cheese with chili is the best. Pic fucking related