Why do normies hate coleslaw so much?

Why do normies hate coleslaw so much?

Place on burger, BBQ sandwich, or maybe even a hotdog. God tier w/ the addition on chilli.

I wasn't aware anyone hated coleslaw. Most people fuck it up by adding mayo, though.

I don't like any 'crunchy' foods desu

What else would you put in it

Oil, vinegar, salt, pepper. Mayo is for chumps.

Vinegar

But mayo tastes good with it. Granted I've only ever made it with mayo. I'll try it with some vinegar next time I make some..any specific type of vinegar?

Red wine and cider are more flavorful than white. Some folks really like sherry vinegar. I'd avoid Balsamic because it's just a blast of sugar.

I'll check it out! Thanks!

Slaw dog is god tier

If you're not leaning on mayo for flavor be sure to make the slaw at least half an hour ahead of serving, so the cabbage really gets to mellow in the oil, vinegar and salt. Otherwise it won't taste like much of anything.

Don't feel like you have to go too ham on the oil and vinegar either. I'm not a mayo coleslaw fan, and I've made perfectly reasonable coleslaw with cabbage, carrot, salt, and lemon pepper. Rather than just tossing the ingredients together, give the cabbage a squeeze to break it down a bit and let the salt draw out some moisture (don't go too crazy as if you were going to start sauerkraut, though).

If you want to play around a little, switch to bok choy and chili powder (maybe some garlic and ginger, too) for a bit more of a kim chi variation, or adjusted your spices and throw some apple or pear in there.

I know folks who push it in an Asian direction by using kohlrabi and sesame oil.

Without a doubt! Funny though living in SC I never saw it anywhere. Moved to NC and when you "all they way" slaw is always included.

I make coleslaw with vinegar AND mayo. Red wine vinegar, a little bit of sugar, mayo, and pepper. Goes perfect on a fish taco or burger.

That's how my mother does it. To me the mayo is overkill. I'd rather just use a little oil in its place. I want to taste the cabbage, not cover it up. I think I picked that up frfom a Serbian cook I know who serves red slaw with all of the meat he grills.

>Place on burger, BBQ sandwich, or maybe even a hotdog. God tier w/ the addition on chilli.

Slaw is a great addition to sandwiches. Along with the flavor, the dressing adds some creaminess, and the veggies add some crunchiness. It can kind of single-handedly replace the functions of mayo, mustard, and lettuce in a sandwich.

THIS DESU

All the mayo-salads are awesome on a sandwich, be it skaw, potato or macaroni

Ooh, I'd go for that.

crunchy sauerkraut is infinitely better hope that helps

also slaw is for fatties

Couldn't figure out what to do with the pickles?

>fuck it up by adding mayo
I second that notion.

>Something vaguely vegetably and healthy
>first thing Americans say is to chuck in on a hotdog or in a bbq sandwich

THIS. Fucking hate mayo coleslaw

I make it with cabbage, carrot, mayo, white vinegar, salt, pepper, a little sugar, celery seeds and lemon juice.

Shit's cash

For fish tacos I use a little bit of Mexican crema. Red onion slices, cilantro, lime juice, cabbage. Good shit.

Why do fat fucks like disgusting mayo-based shit like coleslaw?

>tub

pls explain

Slaw Dog was my nickname when I was a prep cook.

I grew up eating my dad's coleslaw, which was basically three heads of purple cabbage, half a carrot and an entire container of vinegar, so I've always been a bit partial to that.

Still like it with mayo though, which every other place around here serves since it's Deep South.

i made some faggy vegan coleslaw and the sauce was avocados, olive oil, red wine vinegar, habanero, cilantro, and jalapeno. tasted really good.

Im probably going to get some flame for this but I fucking love KFC coleslaw
I hate KFC and their shit tier chicken but could eat an entire orange bucket full of their coleslaw