Who /mushrooms/ here?

Who /mushrooms/ here?

Almost with every meal. I eat pasta a lot because its easy after work. I'll buy some champignons, and slice them up, put them in a bag and keep them in the freezer. They cook fast and stay tender when cooked. Quick sauce: cook pasta of choice, in separate pan saute shrooms in olive oil, add white wine or dry vermouth, reduce, add sour cream and some 1/2&1/2 or cream, grate a generous amount of Parmigiana or Romano or Asiago in it. Sage is a nice addition as well if you have it fresh. Grind in black pepper. I eat some combo of this several times a week. My folks also have a farm in SW WI USA, where every year we collect enough morels to feed a party of 20+ people. I've got about 1/2# of dried morels in a bag right now looking for a meal.

I love em, so easy to prepare and so delicious.

They are the fucking best.

get some champignons and remove the stems, hole them with a small spoon.
chop up stems and innards and fry them with some chopped bacon.
Let it cool down, mix with cream cheese, paprika, cayenne, chopped parsley, salt, fresh ground pepper.
Fill in the mushroom heads, sprinkle with ground parmesan and olive oil.

bake at high heat for 10 minutes.

love them in chili

I /mushrooms/

Nasty shit for vegan hipsters

No matter how hard you try, it's never going to be meat

sorry, but chanterelles are clearly the better fungi

King Oyster Mushroom is best mushroom

Non sequitur much?

>t. fat

ever had mushrooms on a burger?

>I love mushrooms!!
>proceed to fry them in oil, cover them in cheese and god knows what

>i love air!!
>proceeds to filter it through his lung

You are such an asshole. No really.

fuck off

>bland
>rubbery
>adds nothing to the dish
Ah yes, the "mushroom" meme.

I know yous trollin, but on the off chance you're not, you're doing something severely wrong.

Basically this.

If you are unaware of the earthiness of mushrooms you are either mouth retarded, buying gentrified mushrooms, or trolling

Were you molested by mushrooms as a child?

Plz help. I'm a poor student living at home and the only mushrooms my mother buys are those gross, old button mushrooms in the supermarkets. I did try some fresh oyster mushrooms recently and they weren't so bad but other than that I've had nothing but bad experiences.

gonna broil some portobello later today actually

>bland
even cheap mushrooms have a pretty nice earthy flavor that can make so many things better. pasta, pizza, any meat dish, etc.

>rubbery
if they're not cooked properly, maybe. you can caramelize them like onions and have them get slightly crisp, but you just need to make sure they're actually fully cooked.

one of my favorite ways to use mushrooms is to cook them in a pan with a little bit of butter, with onion and/or garlic if you want, lid on until they're soft. put them in a food processor and blend until smooth. add back to the frying pan and saute until most of the water is evaporated and it's browned a bit. add cream and parmesan/romano cheese, a little black pepper, simmer until thickened and use it as a pasta sauce. it's way better than a basic alfredo.

I love mushrooms. I could eat them almost every day.

>pls help
Here's a tip: go innawoods, find the whitest cap you can, the one with a kind of 'bark' on it is the best, pick it, eat it, it'll change your life

that's how my uncle died

I wish I could into mushrooms but fungus creeps me out and I refuse to put it in me

I normally dont like moushrooms however wild picked youself are the most satisfying and tasting thing ever.

Shit meant to say wild picked morels are the best

dumb frogposter

how to keep mushrooms fresh?

if I leave in the package
>wet and soggy

if I put in a paper bag
>hard and dry

what do Veeky Forums?

>poke hole in package
>stuff one paper towel in

Izi, my man

Not the guy you replied to, but that mushroom alfredo idea you have is brilliant.

I'll have to try it sometime soon

>mfw sauteed with a bit of soy sauce and garlic
might have to run to the store now

Holey Swiss Cheese this sounds / tastes (imagines, really) worth a go.

thanks family

I used to hate them. now they're one of my favorite foods. they make everything better

I briefly looked into it when I was a dumb highschooler planning to look for psilocybin with my other stoner friends but nowadays I still think it'd be fun to search for mushrooms for culinary purposes. Is it worth it? or should I just go for convenience and buy them?

>anything I don't like is a meme

My mummy is a vegan and she made us mushroom burgers once, they were actually really good, and she also made burgers with what looked like black beans mixed with some other shit and it was even better. It's not the same a beef but it's just as good if not better imho

>burgers with what looked like black beans mixed with some other shit
black bean burgers. my sister works at a hospital and these are on the menu, they're pretty damn good. I dont ever see myself going vegan but if I absolutely have to it would be things like that and portabello burgers that would see me through