Alcohol general

What is your favorite spirit Veeky Forums and why isn't it vodka?

Bourbon. Cachaca.

Depends on the season.

Haven't had vodka in probably over 20 years.

Bourbon or Rye Whiskey

Because vodka is flavorless plebeian shill water

Good bourbon is my favorite, good single malt scotch is second.

>why isn't it vodka

Every vodka I've tried tastes the same to me, I'm not a fan. I will always try a new vodka if offered a chance though.

How much do women typically drink?

Seems like their tolerance is pretty low, so if they have a few shots they'll be drunk as hell.

gin and tonic

vodka is alright, but not as refreshing

OP here, typically it depends on how big of a hamplanet she is. I've seen my diabetic aunt slam half a fifth of vodka.

I took a shot earlier today and basically threw it up immediately. I just cannot get past the harsh "chemical" taste of vodka.

>inb4 lightweight

normie women, sure. But if they're alkies or have a standard tolerance they can put back 10+ drinks easy.

Can you actually smell vodka on someone after they have been drinking? My mom always used to say this but I thought vodka was the least pungent variety of booze

it definitely ain't bourbon whiskey boy I'll tell ya that

yeah it smells like they've poured rubbing alcohol all over themselves

Lagavulin, neat.

Don't be a pussy and learn to chug vodka. You'll get to a point where you won't need a chaser anymore.

its cool man, vodka is my drink of choice, been drinking it for probably 5 years now and I still need a chaser
If you're wondering why the hell I keep drinking it and switch to another type that I can take without chaser, well, its cheap. Thats pretty much it.
I have no problem with it in mixed drinks but mixed drinks always fill me up way too fast just like beer, so chasing with a juice or a soda thats not too sugary is a good alternative

Vodka is 1st and forever best because you can drink yourself to a drunken, blacked out stupor the night before and nobody smells it on you the next day

Bourbon is second because I love it, but as a career oriented professional I can't drink it because I will smell like a saloon the next day at the office

Don't be a pussy, learn to chug low wines. When you can drink heads and tails smeared 65% first run, then you've become a pro.

Tequila is the only liquor I like. The taste of vodka never appealed to me even in mixed drinks I can't stand it. I worked with some cocineros from Jalisco and we would stay after hours and drink tequila and modelo. I stick to herradura and corralejo. Buy it in niggles it's cheaper

Usually drink Stoli or something new if I have vodka.
Most of the time its either Jameson, Tullamore Dew or assorted bourbon not named JD.

Vodka has been my 1st choice for several years, and I still can't stomach the thought of drinking it straight.
Cocktails with V8 splash are the way to go for me

Single malt scotch or bourbon. Vodka is ok for getting wasted cheap though.

Also, brandy and cognac.

Vodka has always been my first choice because I kinda like the non-taste a lot of it has, and I love the smell, weirdly enough. A nice light, sweet mixer is Sunny Delight. Sort of a utilitarian screwdriver, as it were.

I'm a large guy with a large tolerance and I've only met one other girl who can hang without puking her guts up.

She refuses to drink liquor though.