Absinthe

I want to get some absinthe, but I don't want to have to buy a stupid expensive fountain, what can I use as a cheap alternative to drip water on my absinthe?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/EISCO-Acrylic-Stopcock-Capacity-Graduation/dp/B00AZ3A8JA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470441026&sr=8-1&keywords=burette
amazon.com/EISCO-Premium-Lab-Metalware-Set/dp/B00ARJOWG2/ref=pd_bxgy_328_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=G0ME2TPVV3MAG282C3BA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

a fucking sink you mong

>what can I use as a cheap alternative to drip water on my absinthe

nothing. it's impossible

I just drink it out of the bottle with a straw until I pass out

A spoon
A straw with your finger over one end
An eye dropper filled with water
An empty soda bottle with a small hole punched in the lid
Your tiny penis

I guess a coffee dripper would work (without the coffee of course). Use how ever many filters you need to control the flow.

we used these in chemistry for titrations.

burette:

amazon.com/EISCO-Acrylic-Stopcock-Capacity-Graduation/dp/B00AZ3A8JA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470441026&sr=8-1&keywords=burette

lab stand (needed for holding it)
amazon.com/EISCO-Premium-Lab-Metalware-Set/dp/B00ARJOWG2/ref=pd_bxgy_328_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=G0ME2TPVV3MAG282C3BA

If you just want to taste it you can use regular ice water. If you want to put sugar in it you use sugar syrup instead of a cube.

You can do it the bohemian way. Dip a sugar cube in some absinthe, light it, let it burn for a few seconds, then put it out, and drop it into your glass of absinthe and let it dissolve.

Just use Sprite.

this, or mix it with root beer.

Bumping for interest. My dad gave me some absinthe recently, I'm curious as to how exactly it works.

Its just ice water and sugar. You can mix it directly if you want, no need to use a fountain.

How it works is you drink it and then that's the last thing you remember for about 12-18 hours.

So instead of easily looking things up on the internet you just sit around being curious about them, sometimes even telling anons about this curiosity?

ok.

>So instead of easily looking things up on the internet you just sit around being curious about them, sometimes even telling anons about this curiosity?

this guy gets it
right on, user!

This is true.

I GOT A STRAIGHT UP SEEKAY LIFE HACK FOR YA.

MIX ONE PART OF RUBBING ALCOHOL WITH TWO PARTS LISTERINE.

BAM SON, YOU GOT ABSINTHE.

When I was in university, I did it with a measuring cup - it works for dripping water if you have a reasonably steady hand.

>bohemian's are pussies who can't hold their drink so they burn half the alcohol off

just pour water into it slowly over a sugar cube and mix with a spoon or... use your tap to get a slow stream/drips

Can i get genuine absinthe in the US?

Yes, but it doesn't matter because even the "genuine" stuff was never hallucinogenic.

yes you can just make sure its destilled and not mazerated bullshit with artificial color. There is Verte (green) Blanche (white/blue hue) absinthe. french and swiss absinthes are almost all good. czech are all shit exept for one which is "real".
Dont bother lighting stuff on fire its bullshit that was invented and goes along with the "DUDE IT MAKES YOU TOTALLY TRIP BAWLS!". its for idiots.

no, the wormwood level in the US is regulated so you will never get the desired taste/effect

the Czech republic are the fifth highest in worldwide alcohol consumption per capita.

I'm sure Bohemians can hold their liquor.

Yes, it's regulated, but:
1) wormwood isn't hallucinogenic. It doesn't have an "Effect".

2) The limit is higher than the amount of wormwood found in the old "good stuff".

The idea that absinthe has any 'effect' on the body beyond it's alcohol content is 100% fiction, the result of a moral panic in the past.

czech absinthe tastes like insanely bitter mouthwash with a hint of rubbing alcohol.

So better than American or French absinthe?

thats the reason it tastes "better" with burned sugar.

They're not burning anything off. The fire is gone before the cube goes into the absinthe. It's just done to get a nice caramelization on the sugar before it goes in to give it nice character.

The absinthe paraphernalia is nice if you're trying to get the "absinthe experience" or you'd like a nice conversation piece but it's not at all strictly necessary. Despite the mystique surrounding it, absinthe isn't fundamentally different from other types of liquor. You just need a tall glass. Pour in some absinthe, add some iced water and stir. If it tastes too strong, add some more water. After a few tries you'll be able to eyeball it. If you need sugar, either superfine cocktail sugar or simple syrup, as was suggested above.

If you ever have any champagne handy, add a shot (4cL/1.5oz) of absinthe to a champagne flute and fill with champagne. It's surprisingly tasty but it'll get you quickly intoxicated.