Donuts

i want to make donuts. Never made them in my life advice? recipes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Yw-FSUEc8Pc
youtu.be/itdza8kY0zY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Watch the oil temp. Seriously use a thermometer. If you don't have a cooking one go out and buy one. I really cannot stress how important this is.

why not make bagels instead. donuts = trash.

This.

You can just poke holes in canned biscuits and deep fry them then coat them in sugars, syrups, or glazes. It is extremely easy and pretty damn tasty.

Everyone says thomas keller's doughnuts are good, I haven't tried them yet though, need to find fresh yeast.

youtu.be/Yw-FSUEc8Pc
Ramsay's look good too

Can they be pan fried or do you need a deep fryer?

>Can they be pan fried or do you need a deep fryer?
Just put oil into a pot and heat it up m8. You don't need a deep fryer.

How does one actually make donuts from batter at home without having one of those funky machines with the specialized hopper?

I'd prefer to make donuts from batter rather than heavier dough, because they're lighter and fluffier, like the donuts you get at the carnival. I just don't see how to actually form donuts rather than just dropping lumps of batter in and winding up with fritters instead.

Why the fuck is he WHISPERIIIING?

what's wrong with you

Op here. I just used pre made biscuits but here are results

How long have you spent collecting all of the semen in the far right bowl, or is it just from a horse?

I just got some samples from the guys at the store and made a collective.

Niiiice... I'll have to try that next time

I am watching The Next Food Network Star and some fat bitch named Lovely tried making them out of store bought pizza dough. It was some straight up Auntie Fee shit and Bobby couldn't even chew them.

Giada advocates making them out of pizza dough.

I made some of those doughnuts like they have at chinese buffets. Just take a can of biscuits, deep fry til browned and roll in sugar. Simple and they taste great.

This is pretty much what i did All i did to make the was but some water in powered sugar turned out a little thick.

That is what I do to make mine. I prefer the buttermilk biscuits from Pillsbury. I also have a doughnut dropper for making cake donuts. Toppings and such can be pretty experimental sometimes. I found that the best thing for glazes was to have a small bowl to dip the doughnut into, if you are eating them still warm.

The donuts themselves look good, but that chocolate "glaze" is an epic failure.

he didn't even eat one. he has a nice body and wants to keep it that way.

PHS guy? Is that you?

>xD

Raised or Cake Donuts?

youtu.be/itdza8kY0zY

Very informative video.

Can I just say that Holland cream-filled maple frosted donuts should be outlawed?

You are correct