What are your favorite kinds of hot sauces?

What are your favorite kinds of hot sauces?

I just started experimenting with them myself. So far I've tried Frank's Red Hot, Cholula original flavor, and Louisiana Habanero.

Frank's is my favorite so far. I like Cholula, but it has an almost sweet flavor to it beneath the pepper flavors that I don't like. I like how hot the habanero stuff is (probably the hottest of the three), but I don't particularly like the flavor.

Frank's Chili and Lime is my fave at the moment, but it's more expensive than the ones I'm used to.

I thought Cholula was nice but a bit mild for me. Also a bit expensive.

Encona Hot Pepper sauce is a satisfyingly hot Caribbean sauce, made with habaneros and scotch bonnet chillies. They do a huge range but I've only tried a couple and, while still spicy, they weren't as delicious as Frank's. Usually £2 but you can always find them on offer for £1 a bottle.

I sometimes cook with pic related, East End Green Chili sauce, but I don't use it as a condiment. For one thing it's insanely hot, just a drop of it will burn the tongue. It's a great price as well, just £1 a bottle.

Heera Extra Hot Chili sauce is really hot as well, and it's nice and thick like ketchup, good for dipping, especially mixed with mayo or garlic sauce. I know it shouldn't matter but the packaging looks pretty cheap - it comes in huge 1 litre plastic bottles. And it actually is really cheap. Usually £2, I stocked up when I saw it for £1 and got 3 litres of the stuff.

Meme sauce (AKA Sriracha) put me off with it's garlicky and sweet taste but it's really grown on me. It's still overrated on this board but I'd recommend you try it if you're on a journey of discovery.

The two on the right are my addiction. Goes on everything

Step aside, plebs. This thread is over

honestly i like the taste of chilis but i don't love capsaicin that much.. at least, i hit my limit pretty quickly and then i can't enjoy the meal. i'd like to be able to pour on more and more sauce and get that wonderful rich pepper flavor. I wish I knew where to find it though because everything is just a bit too spicy. I should probably make my own out of roasted red peppers but even those don't really have enough flavor. Is it just impossible to have the flavor without the heat?

bell peppppppppers

agreed, frank's red hot

El Yucateco was the best recommendation I ever got from Veeky Forums.

Sure my ass fucking explodes in the morning because I overdo it, but my taste buds are always delighted. One day my stomach will catch up.

Fuck Frank's. It tastes of vinegar and little else.

You guys would probably like Tapatio.

Did you mean to post Tobasco? Frank's is the exact opposite of that.

Tabasco? Yeah, that's vinegary too. But it has a lot more heat than Frank's does (not that is saying much....)

European here. It's with great shame I have to admit I listened to Veeky Forums and fell for the Frank's Hot Sauce meme. It's one of those decisions you just have to live with for the rest of your life. The disdainful look the cashier gave me was when I first realized I'd made a terrible mistake. It was the look you get when you buy condoms from the old christian lady, or toilet paper from Chad the football captain's prom queen girlfriend. There was no way back. I asked for a bag so I could hide my failure. Even if it was the only item I bought, I couldn't risk being seen with Frank's Hot Sauce. I'm from a small town. People talk. Needless to say, I haven't been back to the shop ever since. I took a different route home so I didn't run into someone I knew. All this agony and it's literally just spicy vinegar. I will never listen to Veeky Forums again. I'm scarred for life.

If you don't taste an absurd amount of vinegar in Frank's, your palette is fucking shot broski.

This stuff makes my mouth water just thinking about it. I often end up having dashes of it by itself when I have it, it's so delicious.

Sriracha

Fight me.

This, for sure.

Gringo Bandito! It tastes like a spicier version of taco bells fire sauce but made as a hot sauce.

if its between the cheap common brands i like the cholula with lime.

if im making it myself i like:
-thai chilis
-garlic
-vinegar
-salt

blended semi coarse and then simmered just enough to be semi homogeneous

lol he likes his hot sauce to be a homo

fuckin fag

Haha homo. What a fag

Melinda's ketchup line.

Habanero, Chipotle, jalapeno.

Louisiana is bomb.

Kaz?

I bought a bottle of this shit. Couldn't handle it. I would just get hiccups for an hour from even a small amount.

It's not good. I mainly use a single drop when I have chili or American goulash on hand that has literally zero spice. Or to flavor a batch of something. Anything more than a drop is for the hotheads who've conditioned their tastebuds to go past massive amounts of habanero level heat.

I really enjoy Frank's too. It's pretty versatile and the flavor is pleasant.

I think Tabasco is perfect for eggs, but I don't like it on much else.

I enjoy a lot of the milder hot sauces, because I'm still able to taste the other ingredients. Some of the hotter sauces take away from the flavor of the overall dish.

I got a bottle of pic related. It's got a pretty serious kick, and so far the only thing I've found it compliments is fried chicken, but even then I'd rather have Louisiana or Frank's.

Surprisingly the hot sauce from KFC is decent with their extra crispy dark meat. I like to put some butter and honey on their biscuits, then douse some dark meat in their hot sauce and make a little sandwich out of it. Fuck I want that now...

I make my own. I have a guy that comes to my job and hands me a shit ton of various peppers ranging in heat, and all I have to do is give him a bottle, and I get about 750ml for myself. I tend to use less vinager, and don't sieve/strain the seeds so it's on the thicker side.

Texas Pete

dios de nivel salsa picante