Your favorite fish

just had a trout with fried potatoes. what are your favorite fish recipes?

Other urls found in this thread:

williams-sonoma.com/recipe/coconut-curry-mussels.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Salmon, mackerel, and tuna. In that order.

i love the shit out of canned tuna. mix with some mayo and maybe some other ingredients. eat with crackers, on a sandwich, or just in a salad. delicious.

for battered and fried fish, halibut. it's firm and meaty.

I find trout is best poached, steamed, or smoked.

Salmon is great fried though.

And I love fried onions with any fish.

(Pickled) Herring, sardines and anchovies. Steamed or fried catfish is great too.

>Sweet & Sour Whole Fried Tilapia

Oh baby.

I fucking love seafood so much oh my god.

My go-to is baked salmon, which I marinate in oil, lemon, salt, pepper, garlic, and a bit of white first, tossing in some other stuff sometimes to change it up. When it's in season I'll grill sockeye salmon. Grilled or pan-seared tuna or swordfish (I mostly use the same marinade with soy sauce, honey, and lime with those two but occasionally change it up). Snook is amazing, but I rarely find it. When I do, I use that same marinade that I do for the salmon.

When I'm trying to impress a girl I either make ceviche with mahi mahi or snapper or I steam mussels.

If I (miraculously) catch something worth eating when I go fishing, I tend to bread and fry it. Rainbow trout, catfish, and the like. I'll occasionally make clam chowder or bread and fry some shrimp and calamari, but salmon, sword, and tuna are my staples. Salmon once a week, a sword or tuna steak about once a week, and another kind of seafood almost weekly. I eat fish I catch during the summer but hardly during the winter because I do not like and have never been good at ice fishing.

Fuck shad. Anyone who has every tried to debone shad or choke down the roe knows that shad a shit. A fucking shit.

That's some old-school, 80's style body horror right there.

I'm making some sardine salad, it's still marinating, but the initial taste was fantastic. Might add some boiled egg before it sets.

Snow crab or king crab, maybe lobster anything else kiss my ass

Please teach me how to make mussells and calamari tasty

mussels are all about creating a good broth and cooking them the night you get them (kept on ice in the fridge for the next night is also acceptable). fry up some aromatics in butter, add liquids of your choice and other spice and mussels, cover and steam 'til they open (don't overcook because overdone mussels are fuckin trash). Dip crusty bread in dat broth and enjoy.

Calamari you should fry in seasoned breadcrumbs and dip in marinara. That's all. Just don't overcook it or it's rubber.

Oh and I've done this before and it turned out well

williams-sonoma.com/recipe/coconut-curry-mussels.html

Mackerel is absolutely delicious.

Mackerel that is salted and broiled. Cheap, quick, flavorful.

For shad, if you braise it with tomato, the bones become soft enough to eat. Very tasty over rice.

Flounder, Halibut, or Mahi-Mahi.

>I eat fish I catch during the summer but hardly during the winter because I do not like and have never been good at ice fishing.

Ice fishing with some buddies while sipping on some Apple Pie is a blast (whether we catch anything or not).

Catfish. Fried, with boiled potatoes and turnip greens.

Hnnnng

Just had salmon and couscous this evening.

I love red snapper in pretty much every way.

Trigger fish is also delicious and under appreciated.

Pretty much any fish I caught saltwater fishing in the Gulf of Mexico.

As far as freshwater goes I like brim, bass, speckled trout.

Red snapper, followed by haddock, then catfish.

Smoked haddock with onions, mashed potato and milk. Trust me.

For serious, I love a whole fried red snapper. I used to go to a beach restaurant in Corpus Christi, TX that had a nice platter. Kinda trashy but reminds me of good times. Pic half related - not the same place, but favorite meal

I really want to try that

Baltic herring with mashed potatoes and lingonberries is real good.

Catfish and asparagus, shits actually very good if seasoned well

Salmon, tilapia, and fried haddock/cod are my favorites. I live in New England so we have a lot of fried haddock and cod around.

branzino, halibut, snapper,

Hey /fish/, I don't know much about cooking seafood, but I really like seafood. Do any of y'all have some good recipes?

Something like this was on the side of an Old Bay container.

In a bowl, stir together some olive oil (a quarter cup or so), some soy sauce (2 tablespoons), roughly a tablespoon of honey, and a teaspoon (or more if you like) of lime juice. Mince some garlic and chop up some scallions and throw those in, too. Marinate whatever fish you're using in there for 45 minutes or so. Discard the marinade and then cook the fish however you want. For a salmon fillet, bake at 425 for 14-17 minutes.

Oh, and that's for salmon, steakfish (e.g. tuna, marlin, sword), and maybe mahi mahi. I've never used that for whitefish, I don't think it would be all that great. Your mileage may vary.

Fried Flounder

Anything blackened

Redfish Étouffée