What are your favorite taco fillings?

What are your favorite taco fillings?

Pic related is an al pastor, carne asada, and tilapia taco I got from a truck in Brooklyn, they were all delicious.

They came with grilled oniom slivers on the side in addition to the onions already on the tacos, is that common?

Other urls found in this thread:

la.eater.com/2014/10/15/6978491/tire-shop-taqueria-south-los-angeles-taco-stand-photos-review
fondarestaurant.com/east-village/
ny.eater.com/maps/best-tacos-taqueria-new-york-city-brooklyn-queens
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

babbys first taco

Nah I've had plenty of tacos before

But I would like to learn more about them

the asada and al pastor look like shit desu. Nothing about those tacos scream delicious and fell for the typical Veeky Forums hole in the wall nonsense where anything new they see is considered a gem.

It's not the best picture, but they were definitely good.

And you can barely see the meat, so how would you know?

I mean to be fair, Its a taco. What else does it need to be delicious?

tripas or tripitas not sure which is right but i love it all the same

I'm pretty adventurous, but I can't bring myself to eat intestines or even stomach

The asada s mostly done on a flattop and not under a grill and the al pastor looks half assed made. probably cooked under a flat top. Taco is probably the most varied street food in the world and half assed tacos isnt going to cut it.

its really worth trying, it reminds me of crispy chicken skin

Yeah it was made on a flattop. But it's not feasible to have a barbecue inside a truck, lol. How did you know though, the meat is barely visible?

Do you like cabeza? Or sesos?

never tried them but itd like to

I pretty much know everything about tacos and I can tell fromwhat I saw that pic everything looked like it was made under a flat top. tortillas aren't home made as well.

They probably wouldn't do well in terms of business in LA

la.eater.com/2014/10/15/6978491/tire-shop-taqueria-south-los-angeles-taco-stand-photos-review

This is what asada should look like

I like to ask for all the sides separate and they put it in little bags.

They give
>diced onions
>grilled onions
>a bunch of small whole grilled green onions
>green sauce
>red sauce
>jalapeƱos & carrot slices (in vinegar)
>a whole grilled jalapeƱo
>radish

Pretty sure I'm forgetting the stuff I don't use but they hook it the fuck up

Yep, also store bought tortillas

To be fair, the tacos were like 15 minutes old at that point, I was saving them until I got on the train. I'm not sure if that affects their appearance.

Being the most varied in the world obviously youre going tonhavebsome which others think are better than yours. Like how Jose will always say his shit unseasoned halfassed goat taco is better than anything you have.

Yeah they always give me raddishes, lime, salsa verde, salsa rojo, one or two times they included a whole grilled jalapeno.

What does goat meat taste like?

Also, LA has plenty of places like that use store bought tortillas and flat top grill, they tend to be the 1 dollar taco trucks

Those are shit. Carne Asada is hard to find even in the Mecca of tacos in the US. As much as memes go, Chicago's Mexican scene is great and the hand made tortillas to store bought can rival Mexico City's

L E N G U A
E
N
G
U
A

Chicago has less meme-Mex than LA I have to imagine

However LA also has a lot of high quality Mex in addition to meme-Mex

>dat spongy texture

Fuck that family lengua is where it's at boi

>tfw lengua can be either pretty dry and awful or melt-in-your mouth delicious
tongue roulette

Who here has had tinga?

I liked it, but thought it was a little too rich

That is so disgusting

you sound like a pussy

The idea may be difficult if you didn't grow up with it, but tongue is delicious when prepared well.

I would eat cabeza, but something about tongue weirds me out. I also didn't like the texture the one time I had it.

>there are people who have not tried lenguia guisado

I feel bad for you cucks salivating over chicken and dried carnitas taco

Not finishing it on the flattop.

love those pickled carrots

Interesting, I didn't know it was common for Poblanos to run taquerias in Tijuana

Just a normalfag with my filling, rice, ground beef/chicken/fish, with sour cream, cheese, onions, and cilantro. And a little bit of hot sauce

Rice on a taco. Lel

Cabeza is even more delicious. It's my go to if I know the place does it well.

Never heard to tacos placeros?

Baby's first home made corn tortillas. Filling is just meat, onion, cilantro, guacamole,lime and sauce (el yucateco).

Ate some good tacos in Mexico, intestines and shrimp were the best. Chickened out on brain and eyeball though because I'd been sick. Will try if I'm going back some day.
Also everyone says the salsa is el diablo but you never know when it's actually hot.

Is it usually just cheek?

What are some good taquerias in NYC other than Los Tacos #1?

fonda

>no mention of cilantro

Wasted trips, desu

Isn't that a haute Mexican place?

You can call it haute, just what your typical Mex in NYC should look like

But I asked about taquerias

Isn't Fonda like a high end fusion place?

Yes, Fonda is fusion, $6+ tacos. I don't like it, but I guess people do.

There have to be plenty of good, more traditional taquerias. Even in the East Village I'm sure you can find some.

What kind of tacos does Fonda sell, mango glazed elk tacos with injera bread tortillas?

>fusion
Do you know what Mexican is? Mexican is fusion

fondarestaurant.com/east-village/

Holy fuck. I can get almost all of this in DF. This is more Mexican than 99.9% of Mexican in the US

do you live in DF?

>Mexican is fusion
Of what? Mexican and wall?

does anybody have a good pork carnitas recipe? I picked up a pork shoulder and want to make some delicious tacos

how are suadero tacos?

Make tinga instead

I've never had a taco. I'll happily trade some muslims for Mexicans/Aztecs

Where do you live? I have to imagine there's at least one authentic Mexican place in every major European city.

Cheek and the rest of the meat from the face/head. Rich as fuck.
This becomes a matter of definition. It's alike asking for good Italian in NYC. Do you mean high end Italian cuisine, good regional Italian cooking or Italian-American? All of that is here, but they're three pretty different things that could all be called "Italian".

When it comes to tacos in NYC the good ones are in the DF/Puebla style. At the high end it's places like Cosme and Empellon al Pastor. At the lower end there are many choices. This list is good:
ny.eater.com/maps/best-tacos-taqueria-new-york-city-brooklyn-queens

So does that mean eyeballs, lips, snout, etc.?

And I meant lower end taquerias, I figured higher end places generally wouldn't be considered taquerias even if they sold tacos

It means the meat from the head, so no eyeballs. It's like rich, fatty veal.

And for lower end places the Eater list I posted is pretty solid. I've tried about 1/3 of that list, and all were places I'd recommend. Robert Sietsema doesn't fuck around.

this is why i come here, the constant bullying and hate that is spread.

Have you been to La Morada yet?

It's on my list, but I rarely make it to the Bronx. And when I get there tacos are probably not going to be what I order.

I would definitely get one of the moles or molcajete

Maybe I'd get a taco as an appetizer, though

fucking faggots. just go to DF if you want to experience good tacos

Or live in a place where Puebla and DF has already come to you.