Gluten Free Thread

>In before 'muh faggot trendy gluten free'

Share recipes, fast/ tasty/ healthy snack ideas, etc.

I'm on the road a lot, so packing food that's simple, filling, and tasty is pretty important. Lately I like to substitute bread with corn tortillas for some tasty turkey/ roast beef/ chicken sandwiches.

Any tips on fast food joints with good gluten free options?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-hrAL9LpA8Q
youtu.be/gDc2uE5gkNc
youtu.be/M5JHTkz4Nrs
allrecipes.com/recipe/98554/brazilian-cheese-bread-pao-de-queijo/photos/1649973/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sorry to hear about your celiac, user. When were you diagnosed?

Sorry, I don't have celiac so I don't have any knowledge to help you with.

Just get bread from Schar, it's indistinguishable from normal bread.
It's the only brand out there that does it well.

As for snacks, get these bad boys. Ho boy. I have never tasted any snack of any variety that is better than this. These are just on a whole other fucking level. Make sure to get the big bags, though, so you get more of that salty oil-saturated goodness. And make sure you tip the bag and shake it around to get a better distribution.

I also like Milton's crackers for dipping in shit. They're real tasty.

Amy's makes some pretty good microwave meals - the asian style ones especially are tasty as fuck. They also make really good soups. The low-sodium lentil and some... I don't remember what it's called. Some kind of quinoa spinach nonsense with a tomato base, holy shit that stuff is tasty.

I hope you're feeling better user, I know celiac can be pretty shitty.

Reminder that you don't need to be diagnosed with celiac to have gluten intolerance

Reminder that the consequences of over-prescription of antibiotics have not been studied properly and many people have an inability to properly digest gluten due to a gut flora imbalance

Reminder that Veeky Forums is full of bitter contrarians who call everything a fad so they can feel superior to happy, well-adjusted people

Lol why are you here

This isn't rocket science user. Just don't eat bread and grain. Only a hand full of cultivars of wheat are gluten free, and I'm not sure if it also affects celiac disease but corn, rice, and other grains also contain a type of gluten. Unless advertised you pretty much have to avoid all grain.

That was disproven like a year after the original paper was published. There is no such thing as non-celiac disease gluten intolerance. If you're worried about your gut flora eat some fucking yogurt.

>consequences of over-prescription of antibiotics have not been studied properly
>many people have an inability to properly digest gluten due to a gut flora imbalance
>have not been studied
>therefore I will assert a fact as though they have been

My personal experience says otherwise you fucking mongoloids

Also
>disproven
You literally don't understand science if you use words like that. Your slavish faith in modern science shows how fucking retarded you are. I'd never place all that trust in a body of evidence largely influenced by politics and corporate interests, but keep taking that prozac you fucking 'tard.

people have been surviving on wheat for milennia, suddenly wheat is toxic
don't worry, conspiracy theories and personal experience trump that every time

>Lol why are you here

Because I suspect that OP is full of shit. I'm asking him/her when they were diagnosed to reinforce the point that in all likelihood they never actually saw a doctor and this is all bullshit in their head.

but if I'm wrong and they really do have celiac, then my post comes across as polite.

>> I'd never place all that trust in a body of evidence largely influenced by politics and corporate interests
Neither would I, because that's not science. The whole point of science is to scrutinize the data to see if it supports your theory or not. Taking it for granted or relying on "expert opinion" is missing the point of science entirely. The point of science is to constantly question and study.

My piss is gluten free

Fuck your gluten free bullshit. This is all just make-believe and you're all living a lie. You're all just hacks and deserve to die

fucking losers

Dunno about fast or healthy, but these are free of gluten and seem pretty tasty.
youtu.be/-hrAL9LpA8Q
youtu.be/gDc2uE5gkNc
youtu.be/M5JHTkz4Nrs

Yeah but modern diets and medicine have changed the balance of gut flora in unnatural ways, chief

Exactly. So when people say gluten intolerance doesn't exist based on scientific studies, i call bs

you still haven't said when you were diagnosed. You certainly have a strong understanding of how your digestive system works for someone that has never spoken to anyone with medical training about the matter

I've found that it's best to just forget about the concept of bread and bread based food. Go for oats in the morning and stick to dishes based on rice, potatoes or sweet potatoes afterwards. Also fast food and restaurants since they often use stuff that contains gluten like regular store bought soy sauce for example.
Gluten is actually a tough protein for anybody to break down, however most people can do it without any problems. That's most people though, there's still people that can't do it. The cause can be celiaki but there's also Non-celiac gluten sensitivity (NCGS) which can be a result of a lot of different conditions. Humans are different. Why can't a person with a broken leg jump? Humans have been jumping since the dawn of time.

>Yeah but modern diets and medicine have changed the balance of gut flora in unnatural ways

[citation needed]

Idk if I truly have celiac, but gluten gives me terrible acid reflux.

Suck my dick, faggot. I eat bread/ crackers/ pasta, and I get acid reflux really badly. I don't need to justify myself to some wannabe macchiavelian basement douche

I'm not debating the existence of the gluten sensitivity

You gluten-free wackos are really fucking annoying.

Also not easy, but these are fucking delicious. Even if I could go back to eating regular bread, I'd still make this sometimes, because it's delicious.

Forgot the link and image, fuck me.
allrecipes.com/recipe/98554/brazilian-cheese-bread-pao-de-queijo/photos/1649973/

oh fuck yeah. Those little pillows they bring you at churrascarias before they bring the yuca and plantains.

>I don't need to justify myself to some wannabe macchiavelian basement douche

Of course you don't.

But don't you think you ought to be honest with yourself? If you do have a medical condition wouldn't you want to understand it properly rather than asking around about it on fucking Veeky Forums of all places?

Go do a goddamn doctor. Ideally one who specializes in these sorts of issues. You need advice from a professional, not a bunch of "macchiavelian basement douches" as you so eloquently put it.

By the way, that last sentence was sarcasm in case you didn't get it--you misspelled Machiavellian. But I was 100% serious about you getting your ass to a doctor.

This thread is indeed a silly one.

YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE YOU DO NOT HAVE CELIAC DISEASE STOP RIDING THE WAVE

OP is just asking for food ideas you retards

>implying modern medicine has caught up to all the constant changes in the modern Western lifestyle

Tard, funny af watching you unwittingly shill for big pharma

Says the jabroni who discredits anything that isn't taught in a state-sanctioned classroom

I like some gluten-free products. I don't buy them for any reason other than it's something new and different. Pastas made out of corn and rice are pretty neat.

The only annoying thing is all the breads are frozen for some reason.

Low carb recipes are usually gluten-free too. Pic related, waffles.

I have no dog in this fight, but you're not making a good scientific argument.
Good science is based on skepticism and evidence. And EVEN IF you had evidence to back your claims, you should be skeptical as fuck about that evidence if it hasn't been demonstrated over and over again.

From what I understand, there is very little hard science to base any strong conclusions on. Anyone claiming a strong stance one way or the other in this argument is simply doing so because they are emotionally invested.

I have a big emotional investment: my health, you jabroni. Cutting out gluten has greatly improved my health. I don't have celiac but eating gluten will give me all kinds of skin and digestive issues, almost immediately. Trust me you wouldn't be messing around if you had the same condition.

Science is a great concept and a logical way to look at the world. Sadly, IRL it's conducted in a way that it sometimes at cross-purposes to its original intent as a system of gaining knowledge, often because there is a profit to be either made or protected.

>Sadly, IRL it's conducted in a way that it sometimes at cross-purposes to its original intent as a system of gaining knowledge, often because there is a profit to be either made or protected.
That's why most people that follow science don't trust the results of studies that haven't been replicated and aren't double-blind and peer reviewed or even sometimes - adversarial reviewed.
Show me any type of scientific results that both meet that criteria and aren't to be trusted due to some shadowy profit motive and you'll begin to have the semblance of a point. Until then, I'd have to consider your disdain of science unfounded.

A lot of studies havent been conducted simply because there's no corporate/govt funding for it.

Groupthink exists in academia as well and a lot of times contradictory results will be shouted down for ideological reasons or even personal, cliquey reasons

t. Someone who's worked in academia

>Groupthink exists in academia as well and a lot of times contradictory results will be shouted down for ideological reasons or even personal, cliquey reasons
All the more reason to replicate findings. Science NEEDS skepticism, regardless of the superficiality of the skepticism.

OP, as a fellow celiac, I strongly recommend Aldi's G-free brand. Not only is the stuff cheaper than online and supermarket prices (which are pretty out of control desu), a lot of Aldo's stuff I'd really good. It's a shame that you missed the seasonal stuff like the banana muffins but those come every spring or summer.

If you have a local farmer's market I would also suggest that you check it out. More than likely someone has something gluten free. I live in NY so there's usually one provider but when I recently went to Florida I staked out their farmer's market and found ducking delicious chocolate chip cookies and a gluten free quiche (it was crustless).

Also barilla's gluten free noodles are pretty darnn close to the real thing.

Are these good to use as regular bread? Will they go well with other stuff like camembert?

>gluten-free
Why don't you just avoid processed foods, and eat lots of vegetables and animal proteins?

>Schaer bread

Try Aldi. It has a good gluten free selection, including very soft bread, only $3.99 a loaf :^)

This is a perfect imagine for this thread

I didn't know celiacs disease was so common

Is not.. people just Wana fit in so bad. They actually eat shit to achieve it

Better watch out for those glutens we've been eating for thousands of years, they'll kill you at the ripe old age of 45 from an obesity-related heart attack!

Especially if you work in food service, most pretentious group

Celiac or just hipster / "intolerant"?

Burgerville does it.

Burger king, mcdonalds, pretty much everyone contaminates the fries and hash browns by sharing friers.

Red Robin does gluten free burgers and fries, but you have to ask specifically for the fries because most people are mouth breathers. Also most sauces have gluten so look it up.

Been making my own bread for a few months and holy fuck it kills udi and any other store bought I've tried. Better than most gluten breads too and it doesn't turn into a fucking rice brick either.

medicine isn't state sanctioned, it's globally sanctioned

I'm so glad I'm not a defective celiac like you

Same person,

My spouse has celiac. Her father had celiac and was actually diagnosed early in life, some time in the 50s when they called it sprue. Back then they didn't know shit about gluten, but he lived a pretty long life until he got cancer.

I can't ask details because she is sensitive and I am forgetful. Basically she grew up into adulthood going unchecked, always pissy and the flatulence...... anyway I came around and said let's get you checked so we did the blood labs, then she had her gall bladder clog up with stones so they biopsy'd intestines while inside to show the villi or whatever inside were damaged some. But not completely fucked.

Celiac may be rare, and we do hate self diagnosed gluten intolerants and shit. But we love them too because they created a market that wouldn't exist if they didn't make it so. She can actually eat some places, where before she would be fucked entirely. But it's also like Russian roulette trusting companies to be allergy-level clean. I just have to hope that minor contaminants are going to be better for her in the end than her dad peeling burger buns off, or eating so many foods that have wheat and/or gluten ingredients unknowingly. She doesn't have reactions unless it's decently contaminated.

And I fucking hate people, her friends and our family does stupid shit all the time. They don't understand it at all, and trying to is nice but trying and failing FUCKING SUCKS.

And most people with real problems like to blame them on gluten. Let me tell you I was one of the biggeSt fucking consumers of gluten and cut cold turkey for her. Now I eat it rarely, when not around her for a long while. I feel the fucking same. Unless I eat something that will naturally make me feel like shit. Jesus christ.

Tldr thank you and also fuck you self-diagnosed gluten intolerants. You drive me nuts but you also make a larger and more diverse marketplace of gluten free shit for those with real problems.

Dont be fucking retarded, the point stands. Medicine is controlled by a governing body that has capitalistic interest

>the point stands. Medicine is controlled by a governing body that has capitalistic interest
As opposed to medicine that has...no interest whatsoever? Hint: there's a reason Soviet medicine was complete garbage while American medicine was lightyears ahead, and no that reason isn't >Slavs

Medicine's ideal purpose is to help people. But its actual purpose is more capitalistic in nature.

If there is a medical advance that cuts into big pharma's profits, it will never see the light of day. That's not a conspiracy, that's literally what interest groups do.