Publix blown the fuck out

Publix blown the fuck out

>just as the chain prepares to expand. With a score of 76% satisfaction, Wegmans beat out No. 2 Publix and No. 3 Trader Joe's

businessinsider.com/wegmans-beat-trader-joes-no-1-grocer-2016-8/

How can any other grocery store even compete?
Being from the South must really suck.

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/wegmans-beat-trader-joes-no-1-grocer-2016-8/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck you Publix tendies are God tier especially when put into one of their subs

>businessinsider.com/wegmans-beat-trader-joes-no-1-grocer-2016-8/

don't care about grocery store chains

Walmart mostly runs the south with groceries. Different people shop different groceries based on financial rank. Aint gonna see any blacks or mexicans at a trader Joe's or Publix

>Actually caring enough about grocery store chains to make posts on an anonymous Laotian finger puppet newsgroup.

Where did it all go wrong for you? Did you grow up in a household filled with conflict, hatred, and resentment?

Lay it on me, I'm here to help.

>Aint gonna see any blacks or mexicans at a trader Joe's or Publix

you certainly pay for it

>he lives in a shithole like new york
lmao

I moved from a place with publixes to a place with giant eagles. I thought I would miss it, but not that much

That isn't Sprouts, OP. I'm sorry you have to go through that.

>Aint gonna see any blacks or mexicans at a trader Joe's or Publix

Thank god for that.

>photos of produce sections

grocery store produce is terrible. half of that shit is picked way before it's ripe just so it will look nice and last longer on a shelf.

Sprouts is good. One of the few places to get non-Chinese ginger and garlic.

I love grocery stores, and I love trying new ones.

So you don't miss it that much or you miss it way more than you thought you would?

You can lie to yourself, but please don't lie to me about why you made this thread.

You live in an urban area, don't you user?

He didn't make it, I did.
Also every time I see a Publix thread from now on I plan to post that article.

Also, also I never had Wegmans' tendies or Publix's but I bet Wegmans is better.

I lived on both West and East and honestly, Wegman's is incomparable. Their own brand of products is incredibly good.

>tfw have to settle to flitting from sprouts/whole foods/trader joes/aj's for certain things now

So again, where did it all go wrong?

Are you some kind of vegetarian as well? I'm so sorry that your life turned out this way.

I miss Publix. I lived in Florida all my life then moved to Maryland last year. Nothing compares. I have to go to multiple locations to get food. And is so true, so many ethics in my shopping space now.

Publix is a little more expensive than Walmart, but you pay for the infinitely better employees, cleaner stores, and a lot fewer "urban" people.
The one I typically go to is just down the street from a synagogue, so when I do my shopping on Saturday afternoon, it's full of well-dressed Jews and their well-behaved children.

If I were to go to Walmart, it would be 400lb Shaniqua wearing leggings and her nine children who were are running around, screaming, and tearing up the store.

I used to work for Albertsons in Florida and I spent a few years growing up in Publixopolis (aka Lakeland, seriously in preschool we went on field trips to Publix warehouses).

This pleases me to an extent and I haven't even opened the link. I will say to Publix's credit back in the mid 2000s they were the ONLY grocery store in the south that wasn't Wal-Mart that ranked #1 in a state (FL was the only state that Wal-Mart was not #1).

I love Publix as a Floridian but Albertons brainwashed me into hating them too. It's a complex relationship.

I lived in Alabama for 20 years, this is not the case.

Most hate Walmart, and Walmarts are often far from where those in poor and rural areas live.

Winn-Dixie, Rouse's, Grear's Food Tiger, Food 4 Less, Piggly Wiggly, Fred's, Dollar General are where most went. You only went to Walmart for cheap toys, some specialty items, and maybe dried goods.

Most people bought produce from huge open air farmer's markets supplied by local farmers. Pic related

Publix is based, the Italian subs are to die for.

the problem with sprouts is everything goes bad within about a week.

Just now realizing that my job is unfucking Dollar Tree from Shaniquas kids.

Fucking goddamn.

I thought I would miss it dearly. But giant eagle has liquor stores every time, it's open way later and it carries labatt blue
Also fuck Florida. I'm glad I moved out

Publix is godtier when it comes to deli and fresh stuff. Bakery,sandwiches,salads,sushi,all the meals they make. In comparison to the other big chains around here anyway like Kroger and Walmart and Food Depot.

I live in Alabama and where I live the Walmart is the main grocery. With that being said as racist as it is I love shopping at places without mexicans and blacks. So I love trader Joe's or Publix. Shit Winn Dixie is awesome as well. It is what it is. I get tired of tripping over weave in the parking lot.

Wegman's if the premier market of the discerning pallette. I get a majority of my groceries there.

Cuck-Mart is the epitome of peasantry. Only the filthiest urchins shamble through those aisles in search of gutter-sust.

Dollar General is fucking weird for me. Not a lot of fresh produce or meats and the prices are on the lower end but so is the quality. For some reason, it gets a lot of tour buses from people in the Midwest or something. I don't understand the attachment some people have for that place.

Aww you mad, poor fag? Yes there is a difference in quality and flavor. I'm sorry that I can afford to be discerning. On second thought, no, I'm not sorry. Some of us are simply willing to pay more for a higher quality of product. Now run along to Flyover-Mart and get a heaping helping of Kraft Easy Mac and Mountain Dew.

As opposed to what? A gutter pit like Tennessee or Texas or some sister-fucker bullshit?

That means it's real and fresh food, faggot.

>typing all this out
Confirmed booty bothered

Flyovers love the place.

>tfw work at wegmans

Its pretty normal desu I'm not really sure rankings like this matter. 90% of the reason we get ranked so high is because we handle all the anal customer's requests, ie "I only want 3 of the sausages in this 4 pack, remove one for me!" and "Can you take one quarter pound of beef out of this one pound package? The recipe doesn't call for this much and if I use a full pound my dog will explode"

From firsthand experience I can also say our ready to cook foods aren't great and the shit you buy from prepared foods isn't good either. Maybe just personal taste, though.

>He doesn't do his cooking on a weekly basis.

Christ people are so spoiled, 100 years ago you would be shopping for thats days meal on a daily basis.

Damn that sucks. My grandmother doesn't even have a Walmart in her county. The closest ones are this tiny place called Marketplace and Rouse. Rouse used to be Bruno's, which used to be Delchamp's.

Delchamp's was a good grocery store.

I don't got time to go shopping every day or even week

How is Wegmans? I am moving and it's the only grocery store. I'm scared I'll overspend.

In my area the things you might buy all the time are much cheaper at Wegmans than anyone else.

Maybe that is because there is a grocery store every three miles so they have to be competitive.

Produce is about the same as everyone else or maybe a little more sometimes.

Where I get into trouble is when I go to the seafood department and the butcher section. Their fresh cut meat is hideously expensive so stay with the packaged meat. It's good and the everyday price is about the same as everyone else's "sale" price.

I'm from massachusetts. We have stop and shop and star markets mainly. Then there's hannafords and whole food. Obviously bjs, costco, and walmart or target as well.
Personally i go to this little family owned shop a few blocks from my house. They have all of the necessities for low prices.
The guys behind the deli know me by name. They prepare all of their own meats, homemade sausages, the whole nine yards.
Produce comes in every 3 days.
The only thing it's lacking is fish and some obscure spices. They even sell booze.
My point is that chains suck. If i want fish i just go down by the port and grab it from a market there. Farmers markets are good for obscure produce too.
You save a lot of money if you move away from chains and the quality of food and service is so much better. I actually look forward to talking to these people.

>TFW biting into a Danny's Favorite and washing it down with an ice cold W Cream Soda

Just for the record, fresh cut meat is a meme.

All of our meat is wet aged, meaning it is vacuum sealed and ages as it ships/sits on the shelf in it's package. The loins we cut our steaks from, our pork products, our trimmed tenderloins, it's all vacuum sealed too - only difference is the stuff in the case that is "fresh cut" sits on a slab all day or two days if its a slower store.

But I'm also pretty sure our display case prices are the same price as our packaged goods, but maybe that's just our store.

You likely work at a shitty wegmans. They vary a decent amount.

Then you're not doing life right.

you saying a I need a gf?