Fuck this place, Veeky Forums

Fuck this place, Veeky Forums.

I just went here and was charged nearly double the advertised price on all the items I bought. The cashier didn't bother to explain why until I asked, and she replied "You have to have a Walgreens card to get the sale price on items."

Fuck that shit. The "sale price" wasn't even as cheap as the grocery store down the road. And it wasn't posted anywhere that the prices they marked items with were "sale prices" let alone that you needed a card for them.

This shitty store is a scam, don't go there.

The Walgreens card is free and you can get it at the cashier in under a minute ..
You can even bs the info on it

who the fuck cares I don't want some piece of shit card and regardless, it was not posted anywhere or mentioned by the cashier once, I had to go back and ask why the prices were so high.

Charged me nearly 15 dollars for 3 bars of soap, cheap toothpaste, and some candy. Prices were clearly listed at $7, would have cost me $6 at a regular grocery store.

Fucking scam shit.

You don't even need the card you just give them the phone number u used when u signed up. The cashier usually even scans their own card when I forget the number.
Lmao dude you payed 15 dollars for 3 bars of soap? Ahahaha

why you defending this scammy bullshit?

Have you never been shopping before?

You could ask to be scanned on the store card or get a card then throw it away and in the future they can look it up based on your phone number

Every single sale item tag clearly states, "with card", and you could just have signed up for one them or asked if they have a store card you could use.

You're like one of those kids who goes out to a restaurant without your parents for the first time in your life and starts spamming tipping threads for a year over your outrage, when everyone else just points and laughs at how ignorant you are.

It is a customer loyalty card, it keeps you coming back to the place because they eventually reward you for it with virtually no cost to them.

Some even do stuff like fuel points. I already have a Shell card, so shopping at King Soopers benefits me more than shopping at Walmart because I get ~10¢ or more off per gallon. I also get coupons for shit I actually purchase because of it knowing what I buy due to scanning the card.

Walgreens, Rite Aid, and CVS often send coupons out in the mail too.

Stop throwing a tantrum because you were dumb.

Bullshit. It didn't say that anywhere, and the cashier never even mentioned a card.

Or I could just never go to shitty fucking Walgreens ever again.

It does say that, stop lying. Also, you said the cashier explained why after you asked. Probably because most customers have common sense. I'm sure if you signed up for the card she would have redone the order for you.

>defending retail scammers this much

fucking kill youself

Fuck you, you stop lying. Nothing was marked. You can defend this scam all you like, I reported them to the BBB for false advertising. I hope they get reamed.

>scammers
How is it a scam? I don't work in a giant retail setting, but I know what they're doing.

Most company credit cards are scams. Sure you aren't thinking of those?

This is marketing 101 in businesses kid. Customer loyalty. Customers will go for the best price = quality. If you have other competitors that do blanket discounts due to the sheer size of the corporation, the slightly smaller (note, most are still corporate giants) company has to get crafty and retain their current customers. A stamp card at your local deli (get 1 stamp per purchase, full up the card and it's free) is the same shit, except on a much more basic scale.

Customer retention is key to a thriving business. You do that by showing a loyal one appreciation in a way that doesn't cost you.

This has nothing to do with food or cooking.

It's a scam to list one price and then charge for another because you didn't have a secret club card.

Even if it isn't a scam, it's an invasion of privacy. Why the fuck would you hand over any of your personal information to fucking Walgreens? Fuck off with that shit. The sale prices weren't even competitively cheap.

>invasion of privacy
You give them a name, an email, and a phone number. They don't even check. You can say your name is John Cena and write down your local pizza place's # and they'd never know. The barcode number is tied to purchases, simple as that. They have the name, email, and phone number for faggots that forget the card. And the email is to email you sales ads and offers. My local liquor store does this.

As far as email goes, I'm honestly surprised you're on this website and don't have more than one email address you use for different things.

Also, a quick Google of "Walgreens, shelf, prices" gave me the following image, which completely disproves Not a shill, I haven't even shopped at a chain pharmacy in years except for a rite aid when I needed bottled water. I just really hate people who call the BBB when they are stupid or mentally unsound.

Like one lady who called my business 2 hours after we closed, waited through the entire answering machine message where we stated our hours, and screamed how we weren't opened, placed a work order, screamed some more, and called the BBB on us.

Damn OP you sound like one fucking insufferable twat. "Ehhhhh the charged me more and the cashier didn't even explain why until I ASKED!!!" Probably because most people aren't autistic and know why, you fucking moron.

OP is mad. I would be mad too if my life had brought me to the point where shopping at Walgreen's seemed like a good decision in the first place.

You are right that Walgreen's is a shitty store, but if that hadn't been obvious to you before you realized you needed a loyalty card to take advantage of the sale prices I question your judgment in general.

You said the sale prices weren't even as good as the regular prices of the grocery store down the road. So why were you wasting your time and money shopping there in the first place?!

You should have asked them to put the discount in for you, most pharmacies have an option on the register that lets them do that.

>Nothing was marked.
Yeah because you walked into a pharmacy on a Saturday night when they're ripping down all the sale signs to put up the new ones.

>the grocery store has cheaper groceries than the pharmacy?

Actual Walgreen's employee here.

Yes you need a card for sale prices. I guaran-fucking-tee any sale tag you found will tell you you need a card for a sale. Any price that's doesn't have a tag (yellow and or green) and is behind that little strip of plastic (the white sticker next to the tag in ) is the normal price.

You can BS the entire card if you want. Its just first name, last name, zip code, phone (for card lookup without the actual card), and an address. Just lie, we don't care. Its less then two minutes, I know Ive timed myself at a casual pace.

Some times tags like have "Less Coupon" on them with a certain amount. All this means is that the "coupon" is in the little brochure booklet upfront by the weekly add papers. Just tell the cashier an item has a less coupon and they'll usually find it for you if they're not a piece of shit.

Other tags will be green and say shit like "3000 points when you buy 2" or some shit. Points are basically Walgreen currency. 1000 is a dollar but you cant use points as soon as you gain them. Just tell the cashier you want to use points. You can only get 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 20, 30, 50 bucks off at a time.

Also, why the fuck are you starting a walgreens thread on Veeky Forums. We have three half aisle and that includes the fridge.

if you were stupid enough to buy 15 dollars worth of soap at walgreens, maybe you should do your shopping at whole foods exclusively

>Corner store is more expensive than the grocery store down the road

News at 11.

going to wall greens and thinking you going to beat the grocery store. ba ha ba ha ha ha ha.

Silly user, of course Walgreens is going to be more expensive than your local Walmart/ grocery chain.

Life is rough when mommy stops buying your soapies eh?

Eggs are 69¢/dz this week at Walgreens. They're at least a dollar everywhere else.

I only go there to buy their "high tech" dental floss ($5 + tax).

Pretty good deal for 109.4 yds for durable floss.

This Place.
Pros:
>Has the same shit as Walgreens
>Prices far less than Walgreens.
Cons.
>No Pharmacy.

Idiots like you are how stores with free membership cards make mad dosh
>list real prices (with card) plus overly inflated price
>people with cards feel false sense of exclusivity, that they're saving a lot of money
>people without cards buy at the price it was never meant to be, for even more profit
So you're an idiot for not just getting the card.

>Not as cheap as the grocery store down the road
So why didn't you just leave and go to the grocery store. No sympathy for retards who don't know how to save money

>falling for the convenience store jew

Senior citizen detected.

I bet you get pissed off when they card you to don't ya.

Take a fucking chill pill.

Seniors know all the tricks on getting discounts at their local drug store - they just take 20 minutes to check out.

The seniors I know are bipolar and freak the fuck out at cashiers for shit like loyalty cards, for what they call "unreasonable requeets" when they're asked to write down their address on a check, when they're carded for buying a pack of cigarettes take it very personally and its the cashiers fault not the company.

>Going to a pharmacy for something other than pharmaceutical needs
You're retarded. Not that this was unknown when you started this thread.

The only "trick" they know is to bitch about being IDed for their credit card and then forgetting their billing zipcode. We need to execute everyone over 65.

Drug stores have always been primarily small convenience stores.

Shit isn't any cheaper at Speedway or 7-11.

>Speedway

I love when someone posts a regional flyover chain as though it's nationwide, outing themselves as someone who's never left their village.

yet here you are on Veeky Forums

All items with the colored sales tags say WITH CARD. Can you not read, you retard?

t. Walgreens employee

What does the one have to do with the other?

It has to do with the fact that if you don't live in flyover country what the hell are you doing on Veeky Forums with so much available to you where you live?

>the only people who dick around on the internet are those who live in cultural wastelands

That is actually one of the best reasons to dick around the internet. You think I'd be dicking around online if I lived somewhere with a actual coffee shop I could go get some good coffee and nice pastries? No, would I be here if I had better places to hangout other than mcdonalds or burger king? No.

You're such a cultured dickwad but yet you're here on Veeky Forums.

I hang out at home, not at coffee shops or fast food places. Doesn't mean I never leave the house, dumbshit. It's also 100 degrees outside and I have AC.

Being on Veeky Forums still has absolutely nothing to do with being flyover or not.

>Being on Veeky Forums still has absolutely nothing to do with being flyover or not.

Yeah.. it does.

>moot is literally from nyc and browsed every day

>He doesn't use Speedway as his gas station
And you're calling me a flyover.

>100 degrees outside
Confirmed for a flyover. NYC is a comfy 84 right now.

>regional gas station
>regional

NYC is right on the ocean. I could drive less than an hour to San Francisco right now and it would probably be 30 degrees cooler.

Name a single state without a Speedway.

>Thinks California isn't a flyover state
Man, I know you yokels are dumb, but this is hilarious.

Neither Alabama nor Colorado nor Northwest Florida (all of where I've lived at some point) have them.

Yankees and Californians are fucking insufferable. They think their whole region is the entire USA.

>Speedway LLC is the operator of a combination gas station/convenience stores that is based in Enon, Ohio, United States with locations operating under its namesake brand along the Midwestern and East Coast of the United States

>Colorado
Pick related you flyover yokel.

And Alabama too, capital of Flyovervania.

I love going to DG just to see the people inside. I live in bumfuck no where country hick redneckville where people ride mopeds with confederate flags waving off the back and duct taped 80s cars with bubbly window tint and shiny plastic hubcaps from autozone.. For some reason they installed a dollar general like 10 minutes from me and it is amazing to see who goes there. People probably do the same and see me and write posts like this about their experience. But I love their prices and they discount lots of things all the time so why waste money if you don't need to just so you can say you don't go there like some elitist status or something. I have no shame in admitting I shop there.

I assume Speedway is a fast food chain? I've never heard of it until this thread and I've lived in 7 different states

OP is a faggot but Walgreens does suck cock

take them to small clams court just to waste their time

They're a hybrid gas station/convenience store chain and they actually really are pretty damn close to everywhere. You may have passed by a half kajillion of them and never even noticed because you consider these places to be sources of food. Or you're a filthy NEET and don't drive/have a job/have anywhere to go.

I thought I'd never heard of them, either, so I looked at their site to find out if there were any in my area and, it turns out, I gassed up at one earlier that day.

Anyway, enjoy your day. I'm off to get pumped with poison.

I've been inside exactly one gas station in the last fifteen years, generally I just do full service gas when I rent a cage, because I can never keep track of which side the gas hole is on, and some states they flip out and call the cops if you pump your gas, and I can't keep track of that either.

> You may have passed by a half kajillion of them and never even noticed because you consider these places to be sources of food.
Err... meant
>You may have passed by a half kajillion of them and never even noticed because you DON'T consider these places to be sources of food.
Fix'd.

In my area, very few, if any at all, have full service. I can't remember the last time I've had someone pump my gas because of it.
Anyway, now I'm /really/ off to get my weekly poison dose. Ta!

>69 cent dozen eggs

Abosukt mad men.

Nice try. That is like screaming at me that there is a Red Lobster next to me when it's an Olive Garden.

Had to dig. Valero was bought in 2015 by Speedway. The station is still called Valero, it is green, and has Valero gas and Valero products inside.

Same with Hess back in the Southeast. The don't have Speedway Gas, Speedway food products, or anything. Speedway just owns them as of 2015 because apparently they want to purchase every gas station company.

Actually, Shell and Conoco and have better prices than Valero on inside items. The best gas prices in CO are always at Barney or Kum and Go. Best gas prices in Gulf Coast AL were BP since the oil spill.

>flyover
Then why are you Commiefornians coming to Colorado and ruining our moderate state? It was a perfect balance of conservative and liberal, but you Potheads have to slowly sink your fingers in and ruin everything.

Fuck you guys, OP is right. I went there, carefully selected my items, realized I didn't have my card and I didn't know the number used to sign up (family member's old phone number, not in my phone anywhere.) Got charged fucking double. The cashier didn't even have any fucking cards available, they were out.

Went there again today to buy a medication and they didn't fucking have it. All they have is prole shit with a bunch of garbaged mixed in to it. Not just the pure item by itself, only mixes with artificial this and that and scent and color and texturizers and petroleum byproducts.

Fuck them, I hope they burn.

Most of the products I use I literally cannot find in any store. Thank god for amazon. Morons on the ground apparently WANT their items to be a bunch of artificial, carcinogenic piles of industrial byproduct wrapped in colored plastic.

>colorado
>flyover
>not understanding denver is one of the top 20 cities in the nation

How's jew york shitty treating you, cuckstain?

>Then why are you Commiefornians coming to Colorado and ruining our moderate state?

We are really gonna get side tracked but holy hell I HATE the blazeit fagets who have come here. Anyone who does weed is a filthy degenerate jobless uneducated loser content to lay in their own filth and shove crappy food in their facehole like an animal all day.

GO BACK TO COMMIEFORNIA
RRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE