Dairy milk alternatives

I've been hearing lately that dairy milk is bad for you.
In particular I've read it can cause acne, which I suffer from.
Yet I love cereal, coffee, tea etc.
The alternatives I'm aware of are soy, almond, coconut, oat, and rice 'milk'.
Which of those do you think is best? Is there anything else I'm missing? Is it true soy causes gyno in men?

Other urls found in this thread:

aad.org/media/news-releases/growing-evidence-suggests-possible-link-between-diet-and-acne
theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2015/oct/21/almond-milk-quite-good-for-you-very-bad-for-the-planet
menshealth.com/nutrition/soys-negative-effects
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The people saying dairy is bad are the same fucking hippies saying that meat and fat and butter and everything else is bad. Just drink it and stop listening to every little "health warning" that you hear because 99% of them are bullshit based on unproven and totally out-of-context studies.

This honestly. There's basically two things that we actually know are bad
>Being fat
>Drugs and alcohol

Everything else is a meme

I use yogurt in my cereals because milk is too fatty with that shit.

Milk I'm fine with in things like coffee tea because its not too much.

You understand that with milk, like yogurt, you can decide on the level of fat. Yes?

Dairy milk actually does exacerbate acne in some people (when I stopped, my acne stopped also -- but then I became lactose intolerant, so there's that)

Soy milk is the best high-protein alternative, but can also be bad because soy has isoflavanoids, which act like estrogen and can cause acne/hormone issues as well.

Almond and rice are nutritionally useless (pretty much water + color)

Oat milk is the "safest" bet that still is a source of protein, but why pay for that shit when you can have real oats

Of course. Theres something about milk where even if I use skim I just have a hard time getting through the cereal

Milk is fucking awesome. It's the only decent source of calcium that isn't pleb vegetables, an easily digestible protein, and a source of wondrous products like cheese.

Almond milk is a scam and a waste. It takes a ludicrous amount of water to produce almonds, which are grown in areas currently facing draughts, and on top of the water it takes to grow almonds almond milk is watered down on top of that.

Fucking hypocritical vegans bitch about the water it takes to produce beef while overproducing almonds.

I like almond milk.

I even use it to bake cookies.

Apply witch hazel

Last year i had pretty clear skin, an I was consuming plenty of dairy.
This year my skin has been bad; I stopped dairy to see if it would help but it hasn't.
The main difference between this year and last for me is stress, and i think that is causing the acne, not dairy.

aad.org/media/news-releases/growing-evidence-suggests-possible-link-between-diet-and-acne

> skim milk is slightly associated with acne

>I use almond milk to bake cookies.

why don't you just use water?

this.

The only worthwhile milk alternative is soy.

Milk has a lot of sugar (lactose) in it. Sugar is pretty terrible for you. However, the fat is good an satiates you, so that's good. The fat also slows down the sugar absorption into your blood stream. So get whole milk. Avoid skim. Sure skim is lower calories but just drink less milk and drink whole.

If you get skin issues from drinking cow milk, it's due to an allergy (not lactose intolerance). Get yourself tested. I am allergic to cow milk, so I drink goat and coconut.

I'm lactose intolerant after too much milk so I switched to soy. However I also didn't enjoy milk much. I can say that after almost a year of substituting it in my protein shakes that I don't have gyno. I believe that shits genetic. Switch if you want a different flavor but otherwise if you like milk just drink it.

Do you get the sweetened or unsweetened one?

Cashew milk

I get vinalla flavored so probably sweetned

Almond milk is terrible for the environment
theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2015/oct/21/almond-milk-quite-good-for-you-very-bad-for-the-planet

Soy milk can make your body produce estrogen
menshealth.com/nutrition/soys-negative-effects

I'm not sure about coconut, oat or rice milk but they appear to be slightly more sustainable than the others.

Basically, if you don't want to consume dairy milk, don't consume any "milk".

>why don't you just use water?

Because it has a nice taste.

Anyway, I'm thinking of switching over to coconut milk. It's thicker and has a better taste.

>The main difference between this year and last for me is stress, and i think that is causing the acne, not dairy.
I hope you don't think your anecdotal evidence disproves it. I'm sure there are exceptions.

What about coconut?

(Phyto)Estrogens by themselves are not very harmful, you need test blockers and anti-androgens to really have an effect

Soy gyno is a meme

Hemp milk is also a thing but I've never had it.

Imo soy is the best with unsweetened almond being a close second.

No, soy has no adverse effects on the human body unless you are allergic. Soy has estrogen but so does dairy milk. Dairy milk estrogen actually does have adverse effects on the male body because it's mammal estrogen, whereas soy milk estrogen has none as it is plant estrogen and plant estrogen cannot be absorbed by your body as a nutrient or anything else.

So there you go.

Coconut milk is pretty gross. It’s great in some smoothies but useless in any other context. It's definitely the healthiest and least fatty though.

>Soy milk is the best high-protein alternative, but can also be bad because soy has isoflavanoids, which act like estrogen and can cause acne/hormone issues as well.

See and No one on the earth has ever grown tits and lost their Adam's apple because of soy milk.

Definitely my choice for steaming