Why

why

because memes

capitalism creates near infinite choices if the cost of entry is low

it's wonderful, really

Money

oh yeah I forgot to mention, it's $18 for this memebeer.

Friends gave me a bottle of this and only thing I can think to do with is make chilli

Yeah, I fell for this meme. It's a decent stout, but you don't even taste sriracha. It just burns the back of your throat. Def not worth $15 (I got it on sale. Obviously, it wasn't selling.)

Because Rogue is run by a couple of fuckwads who prioritize marketing and profits over good beer and the cleanliness of their facility.

My mom got me one of these because she knows how annoyed I would be by the concept. It was OK

gotta meme hard lad in this millenial nu-male world

Ive heard so many horror stories about working at rogue.
Seems like just a shitty company

how do thay make money selling bad bear then

They literally put a meme in a bottle.
People go gaga over that shit nowadays.
Nobody cares about quality when they can post a picture of themselves holding their shitty novelty on Facebook for all their e-friends to e-like.

By devoting nearly all of their resources to Dead Guy and this type of bullshit.

you obviously have never been to the american midwest.

Wisconsin is a beer lover's paradise, what are you on about, friend?

To create buzz by pissing off autists who angrily post this to social media and internet forums, thereby creating brand awareness for free.

>wisconsin is a beer lover's paradise

It really isn't.

t. someone who lived in Northern Chicago for the past couple years, frequently went up to Milwaukee and did a couple beer festivals up there.

There's a lot of breweries in the area, but it's overrated as fuck compared to Colorado, California, PNW, and New England. I guess if you live in the South it might seem like a paradise.

Well, you're wrong based on sheer statistical number, let alone subjective taste reviews. But you're also a Chicagoan, so that's par for the course.

Lived in Chicago, not from there; but Chicago is making much better beer than Milwaukee these days, no doubt about it.

>Why
Because it will sell.

Not to be contrarian, but just on face of the argument, you are stating that a city that hasn't made a good beer for decades and touts Goose Island as their number one brewery, beats an entire state that is colloquially considered the beer capitol of the country.

Think about that for a second. Just factually incorrect without even delving into the argument.

not any of you guys, but thank you for keeping the conversation of gentlemanly nature. you are both a great asset to Veeky Forums

>you are stating that a city that hasn't made a good beer for decades and touts Goose Island as their number one brewery, beats an entire state that is colloquially considered the beer capitol of the country

Chicago is putting out tons of great beers, and nobody considers GI their number one beer; I don't even think they brew it there anymore.

Milwaukee isn't an entire state, and if it's in any way considered the beer capitol of the country it's pre-craft brewing, Laverne and Shirley, PBR type piss water shit.

I don't care how shity you think it is, it outsells everything and everyone, millions of consumers disagree with you.

The original statement was about the entire state, which I still hold as possibly the greatest beer producing region in the country. Chicago just doesn't really stand up to it for me.

Understandable that you don't hold that opinion, because of tax reasons, many Wisconsin beers are only distributed statewide. Even New Glarus, after dabbling in larger distribution, is now relegated to only being shipped throughout the state.

On an offshoot, it's like Wisconsin cheese too. Unless you come to the state and eat from the many boutique shops, you'll think that all they make is Crystal Farms-tier mediocrity.

>outsells everything and everyone, millions of consumers disagree with you

Nobody was ever talking about that. Fucking Bud outsells most beers but nobody is going to argue that it's one of the best beers in the country for that reason.

As I said before, I've spent plenty of time in Wisconsin and have had the beer. The make some good stuff, but it was just an off-handed comment that I thought Chicago was doing it better (I really have no stake in that argument).

My main point was that the West Coast, New England, and Colorado all make much better beer than the Midwest in general.

>it outsells everything and everyone, millions of consumers disagree with you.

Given what we know about normalfags, their sense of taste and their discerning eye for "quality," I'm not sure that your claim really helps to defend the alleged pedigree of Milwaukee beers.

Well then, I guess we're at a standstill.

Polite sage, but you seem like you may know the answer: What the fuck can you find to drink in Vegas? It's closish to Colorado, but all I can find on business trips top out at Heiniken, and zero craft beer on the strip.

I haven't been to Vegas in over 20 years, but I would guess most brewers don't distribute there because craft beer isn't exactly one of the draws making it a tourist destination, despite them having some of the top restaurants in the country. Colorado and Nevada also have very different climates, so brewing in Nevada is no where near as prominent.

It's all really subjective, and I can't honestly say Colorado makes better beer than all of the MIdwest; I just happened to live out there (went on a few brewery hopping road trips in Michigan as well), and I personally just prefer West Coast and New England beers.

I am really tired of this food elitism snobbery, there are lots of great products out there that don't make it, there are bad products that don't make it either and then there are lots of products out there that serve their purpose and they sell in the thousands of units per store per week, they're not great they're not awful, they serve their purpose they are necessities, shelf stable bread is nothing of wonder in the flavor department but it does the job for everyday. Same applies to beer, I can't say what good beer tastes like vs bad beer because I don't like any of it. I know people who say they like it, just like there are thousands who eat butternut bread everyday and would hate artisanal bread.

As much as you think your taste buds are better than normalfags, they make the market and you don't, people vote on the products they want to have available with their wallet, the market decides what good beer and as much as you think giant beer companies have a hold on the market the reality is the consumers are the ones choosing, were they to go en masse purchase craft beer then bud would stop being produced within a week.

Whats 'go beer like?

What?
I think you mean 'go be'

That's all well and good, but one of the reasons why Budweiser, Jack Daniels, et al. keep rising to the top is brand recognition. It's stocked in all bars, or the most forsaken backwater joint that obtained a liquor license, it will have Bud.

It's still a terrible beer. Personally, their water is distinct across all of their brands put from the factory (like the doomed bud platinum that they put out a few years back). Water is a key ingredient, and theirs has a terrible musty taste, even before adding any ingredients to the beer making process.

but, so what

I don't know?

Go fuck yourself?

not im Even on the series Benjamin Walker Theory of Everything had on craft beer he raised the same argument you just did about how every bar carries beer from a certain company and not another, how some craft beer is actually "big beer" in disguise.

No one forces anyone to buy a particular product, that includes bars, if its anything like the pop business, which I have worked in, they sign a sales agreement that says they will carry so much product from the company and not allow any other brand in there, but they don't have to sign it to get product they just dont get it at a cheaper price. So the bar owner makes the choice, and it is the same as with grocery stores. If there is real demand out there for something other than budweiser or jack daniels, the bar owner will stock it.