I hope you realize what ETH is to ERC20 tokens is what LINK is to smart contracts. Once mainnet go live...

I hope you realize what ETH is to ERC20 tokens is what LINK is to smart contracts. Once mainnet go live, LINK usage will skyrocket through the fucking roof, no one else offers what LINK does, yet everyone fucking needs it. Yes, some big coins will create their own oracles, but a big majority will just use LINK (similarly to ERC20 and mainnet launches). That's why LINK will be 3# on CMC by EoY.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KzWjpjnRf-s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

solid reasoning. unfortunately what could be the start of a good thread will be pajeeted up soon

When mainnet?

Q1 2018.

I BELIEVE.

absolute lie mainnet release is unconfirmed
this is why nobody likes linkies

True, Sir Gay only ever said the “simplified initial implementation of the Go network” will be up Q1. Mainnet won’t be for a while.

They obviously do

DYOR don't buy these fags bags, biz will burn along with chain link. There are competitors, don't believe everything you read. Also 2 developers wtf, one is them is going around the country getting fat

Right now it's just a question of how much testing will really be necessary on the simplified initial implementation before mainnet can go live. No later than end of Q3 seems reasonable, if not sooner.

A Bunch of 4channers tried to force it as /ourcoin/, during the presale ico phase of chainlink there was a minimum requirement of 300eth to enter the presale. Bunch of anons pooled up together and shared presale links to fill them with their eth.

Coin continued to get shilled and pumped up and hyped for the sibios event that link was attended, whole event turned out to be a flop chainlink had a presentation in a room of like 18 people next to the public toilets, literally no news or partnership came from the event and the coin dumped back to below ico prices and created 1000's of bagholder anons.

Now during this alt bull run lots of anons and took advantage of this and shilling this coin to all the new money and newfags that joined in december and don't know this story.

The coin is HEAVILY manipulated and the supply is dried up from huge whales who accumulated below ICO price to create a artificially lower supply (a lot like REQ) and these people have so much room to dump on all of you faggots to still be in profit when the time comes.

In regards to actual project that chainlink aiming to achieve it's nothing more than a basic json parser for smart contracts, would take like a day to add to ethereum by itself.. literally making links whole concept pointless and definitely no need for a token. Would take a lot longer to get it working with bitcoin but the bitcoin core devs would be able to work out the solution a lot quicker than chainlink will, think that's something worth noting that literally nothing is completed and you're literally just buying a whitepaper, they have only 2 developers and they don't communicate at all with no proven background on either, in fact sergey was involved in a project before chainlink called NxT that he since been abandoned until it was took over by a new developer team

Guy from Orgami was doing Q&A on Reddit. Orgami is using Chainlink to track packages for their review system and smartcontract payments.

Orgami has mainnet launch Q4. And when people predicted Chainlink mainnet Q3-4, Orgami said they are in communication with Link team and "hoped" things would coincide, followed by a wink.

they have 0 commits on github. and one (1) developer

I dont think so

>#3 on CMC
Wrong. It will be #1.

Origami is straight up the next Confido. "Blockchain 4.0" that does fucking everything, with a whitepaper that reads like an undergrad essay. No doubt they're dropping ChainLink's name to legitimise themselves.

what do you mean? they have 151 commits the past 2 weeks

Oh really?

salty fud oraclize

Double dubs it’s happenen

checked fir gonfirmation. puterz on stanby

Has anyone seen any actual code written by Sergey?

he had 1 commit on github, then it got removed when they changed the language of the project to Go.

he currently has 0 (zero) github commits

No one cares who writes it as long as it gets written

So he's the IDEA GUY...

*thumbs up*

fuuuuuuuuck the github looks pretty weak.... i wish i hadnt looked at that

Please. I'm a lead software engineer at IBM. The github has ZERO problems for an alpha release.

I was hoping to see Joost on the dev team. Am solidly disappointed.

>my dad works at nintendo

unironically this.

Damn, you are right, dumping my bags as soon as this gets near 1 dollar

Link never gets to $2, screencap this faggots and get rekt

You also have to consider about the kind of projects that aren't conceivable now that will be because of link.

like what?

Time to stop fudding faggot. I know it's going to be tough to make it with your 200 Links, but we can't wait forever for you to accumulate with your biweekly McDonalds paycheck.

just wait
my deposit is coming through tomorrow
just wait fpr me biz :(

AXA flight delay insurance

Chainlink oracle picks up data that flight is delayed, passengers get paid insurance immediately by the smart contract.

A reputation system where all of your activities and achievements will be fed into a smart contracts as well as everything good or bad anyone had to say about you. This would serve as a digital resume that could be queried by employers who could hire you without ever meeting you.

>needing to be spoonfed this hard

Like that black mirror episode?

someone post a high res link for me pls, preferably from LinkGen

working on a shop but the only high res I have are forks :(

Haven't watched black mirror. But I think there is no industry that will be unaffected. Imagine if parking meters dynamically adjusted the price based on occupancy & weather conditions or if insurance companies automatically adjusted your premium if you went to less expensive hospitals or how many times you went to the gym this week.

Lots of us here on the chans are software guys.

people say Link™ is only a ERC20 token but so is ETH and it is expensive, why Link™ won't be expensive? Pro tip: it will. 100k / Link by 2020.

The absolute STATE of stinkers
youtube.com/watch?v=KzWjpjnRf-s

Thanks, just sacrificed a goat

Its not Q1. Code release was Q1. It happened. Alpha mainnet has been launched already. Again... happened.

Mainnet is late Q2/early Q3 after a round of community feedback (already happening with solid developer support so far).

np fampai. Kek wills it.

from what I've seen all the feedback has been positive, Johny from linkpool says everything runs smoothly and he was surprised in a good way with this release

correct.

they're retards

100k is only possible if pretty much 99% of the tokens are locked up for staking.

I’ve got my LINK and comfy as fuck (60% mainlink, 40% shadowfork)

>By a series of buying high and selling low, I went from 9 BTC to a 1.9
>Literally bought a gun and went all in with 25x leverage on bitmex, shorting at 10750
>Closed my position some hours ago, 8.7 in profit, bringing me back up to 10.6

It's destiny. Kek blessed me and in return I will go all in LINK.

this is what will happen. 99% of LINK locked up, people will be trading around the remaining 10 million LINKs like they are manna from heaven.

Kek’s memetic energy intensifies with LINK. Wealth and spiritual enlightenment await the disciples of Kek’s prophet, Sergey of Nazarov.

nice gets bruh. LINK 100k by 2020

Someone needs to make a you're a maniac link cube asap

thanks just sacrificed 100k

No dreams only pain

You fucking faggot

>
proof 99% of link will be locked up?

A Bunch of 4channers tried to force it as /ourcoin/, during the presale ico phase of chainlink there was a minimum requirement of 300eth to enter the presale. Bunch of anons pooled up together and shared presale links to fill them with their eth.

Coin continued to get shilled and pumped up and hyped for the sibios event that link was attended, whole event turned out to be a flop chainlink had a presentation in a room of like 18 people next to the public toilets, literally no news or partnership came from the event and the coin dumped back to below ico prices and created 1000's of bagholder anons.

Now during this alt bull run lots of anons and took advantage of this and shilling this coin to all the new money and newfags that joined in december and don't know this story.

The coin is HEAVILY manipulated and the supply is dried up from huge whales who accumulated below ICO price to create a artificially lower supply (a lot like REQ) and these people have so much room to dump on all of you faggots to still be in profit when the time comes.

In regards to actual project that chainlink aiming to achieve it's nothing more than a basic json parser for smart contracts, would take like a day to add to ethereum by itself.. literally making links whole concept pointless and definitely no need for a token. Would take a lot longer to get it working with bitcoin but the bitcoin core devs would be able to work out the solution a lot quicker than chainlink will, think that's something worth noting that literally nothing is completed and you're literally just buying a whitepaper, they have only 2 developers and they don't communicate at all with no proven background on either, in fact sergey was involved in a project before chainlink called NXT that he since been abandoned until it was took over by a new developer team.

Next year there will be too many "Smart Contracts Platforms" and the whole smart contracts market will absolutely tank.

Ethereum may implode, because it relies upon a constant stream of new money from ERC20 token ICOs and over time the people raising ICOs will cash out, so the ecosystem only works as long as the number of ICOs is increasing and the size of the ICOs is increasing. Once the growth stops, the Ethereum price will reach equilibium and crater. Also if Ethereum cannot solve its scaling problems.

People will start dumping PoW and PoS coins for newer technology as they realize how the cost of Pow/PoS drags down the return on their investment.

Coins with real world applications, hardware and coins that are commodity backed or have real companies behind them, will start gaining on the ERC20 tokens in valuation.

The investors are focused on ERC20 tokens now because its easy to make money buying tokens at a 90% discount in a pre-ICO and flipping them after the coin gets on an exchange. Now that exchange listing is 20 million dollars and takes 8 months, its no longer profitable. Now ERC20 tokens are imploding so often after the ICOs, its no longer profitable. Then all the money is going to look for new coins (like Skycoin and commodity backed cryptos).

What are nodes

It isn’t an erc-20 token though

It's like you have no fucking clue what dApps are, or the 2019 scaling plan for ETH. If you're gonna type out misinformation and be serious about it, at least do it on a shitcoin like Deepbrain.

25k LINK AM I GONA MAKE IT?

I have 5k link and I'm pretty sure I'll make it. Sometimes I will take a break from my large yacht to come visit your larger yacht I guess.

If "everyone needed it" as you say, there would by many big financed corporate teams working on it.
But instead there is just one slavic neckbeard, which means that people don't really want it that much at all

>there would by many big financed corporate teams working on it.
And yet this same phenomenon has repeated itself with many innovations. Big corps are a lot more risk-averse and inflexible than startups; and they can afford to be. They know startups will take the risk and innovate to the point where they can just adopt the tech to marginally improve their bottomline with hardly any risk or stretch outside of their core competency.