Copper pans

are copper pans just a meme? have any of you co/cks/ tried them yet?

also, good pans general. i want to buy something that will actually last that's not cast iron. price is no object.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Old-Dutch-International-Tri-Ply-Professional/dp/B00T7TI3WW/ref=sr_1_20?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1470624134&sr=1-20&keywords=professional copper frying pan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I use molybdenum pans

Tri/multi-ply stainless is better.

>price is no object
Hire a live-in short order chef.

>not cast iron

for what purpose

>price is no object.

Get a restaurant style griddle

Sage all meme threads.

kys
don't want the maintenance and much ballyhooed "seasoning" period.
thanks. found this on amazon...think it's any good?
amazon.com/Old-Dutch-International-Tri-Ply-Professional/dp/B00T7TI3WW/ref=sr_1_20?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1470624134&sr=1-20&keywords=professional copper frying pan

>cast iron
>maintenance
jfc...

Personally, I think you'd be better off with some Cooks Standard or Cuisinart stainless pans. Copper isn't worth the money, and neither is All-Clad

thanks for the reply. i am seriously considering some of the cuisnart stainless steel pans. what kind of oil works best in stainless? is peanut oil the best?

Get a carbon steel pan. The work great for all applications except simmering tomato sauces.
12" Matfer Bourgeat is a great pan.

Oils have very little to do with the pan material.
For high heat saute use peanut or vegetable
for low-heat applications use olive oil (non-virgin)
and use clarified butter when you want a buttery taste with lots of browning.

holy shit yo i was gonna make this thread like 2 days ago

>is this any good
No
>all-clad: not worth the money
Wrong.
Most copper you'll find is decorative and consequently doesn't have the proper thickness, so if you wish to purchase some do some homework on what the thickness should be and why, and you really don't "need" copper outside a saucier and a small sauce pan. Then again, if $ isn't a question, do what you want. And all-clad is fucking gold. If you've the cash I'd get the aforementioned, a couple of carbon steel pans tailored to what you cook (e.g. Omelette, crepe, 10" gen. use) and a complete all-clad set. I have all of the above and then some. They're nice.

>trying to talk about copper on Veeky Forums
Every time it comes up some retard tries to claim that it will explode if you don't autistically polish the outside after every use and that copper by definition is unlined therefore you'll die of copper poisoning and you should just use it for decoration

There really needs to be a separate board, /ff/, for all the fast food posters that produce 98% of all "content" here

>price is no object
Soy .999 silver
>what? $5000?
Next time post a budget

>Ballyhooed

Alright give it up asshole I know you've been time travelling, get back to the 1920's where you belong

don't be so obstinate, maybe it's time you had a sip of hooch

>maintenance
>seasoning period

you cook with the pan
you wet a rag
you wipe the pan off
the pan is clean

>you don't autistically polish the outside after every use

Are you implying that there is a practical use for copper other than showing off how pretty it is?

Yeah, they work well but these days we have plenty of alternatives that perform better and cost less. So what exactly is the appeal if not for the old-school look?

All-Clad is like Le Creuset; you're just paying for the brand.