Taco Burrito?

Let me get this right, Taco Bell goes and removes the god tier Beefy Crunch Burrito, after raising prices from $1 to $1.50, (still got at least one every day)

And now they are releasing this "taco burrito", which is the same damn thing except no rice but added lettuce? what the fuck?

Slightly related, why are flaming fritos so fucking hard to find? We just ordered a case on ebay so we can make our own beefy crunch burritos. But there are none within 500m of here

Marketing is about selling you what they did yesterday but making you think it is different to encourage an uptick in purchases. Basically all taco bell items are the same.

Man, the state of current viral marketing is getting really effective at breaking up their overall message with the few jabs at the franchise they throw in.

How much are they paying you, Pajeet?

>walk into taco bell
>I'd like to order a "loaded taco burrito", no lettuce, add rice
>receive Beefy Crunch Burrito

WOW WHAT THE FUCK

>goes and removes
It was ALWAYS a limited time item. It was printed on the menu and every damn sign and you're a fool if you didn't notice it.

Taco Bell is weird, I don't understand a lot of their decisions. Honestly I'd rather have it with rice than lettuce.

Have they ever tried putting chimichangas on the menu? Think of the possibilities - quesachangas, chimilupas.

Also - they should grind up Doritos and put them in the flour tortilla dough. Olé!

nah they use some douchey rice for that burrito only so it wouldnt be the same

I was thinking to myself "Why do you care if it doesn't have cheap filler rather than lettuce?" So they probably used Spanish rice?

They got rid of the beefy crunch? God damn. I had so many when it came back I kinda got burnt out, I kinda want one now too. god damn.

Also I got no clue about the fritos. I haven't seen them in forever. I wonder how TB keeps a steady supply, wonder if they would sell me a box

fuck, I thought when they raised it to 1.50 they made it a full menu item

I'm going to whip the shit out of Taci Bell's ad department. What the fuck is a taco burrito? Your food is without variety, your burrito is a fucking rolled up taco. And what the fuck, triple double? Is it 5 or is it 6? Suck my hairy asshole, you shitheads.

>douchey rice
That's the Spanish rice. That used to be the ONLY rice they used.
Then they did the Cantina Bell bullshit with some dumb cunt celebrity chef who acted like she reinvented Mexican cuisine by putting cilantro in rice. Latin rice is the REAL douchey rice here.

Come in when it's slow and ask the manager. If they're cool, they'll work out the math and sell it to you.
Keep in mind they won't sell it to you at their supplier price. I forget how big the restaurant-size bags are, but let's say they're 10 ounces. If a side of Fritos is 2 ounces optimally (the price of a 'side' is the same as the price to add an ingredient) and there's four bags in a box, then they'll charge you for 40 sides of Fritos.
I did this the last time they had lava sauce; They charged me for 40 2oz sides of lava sauce and gave me two bags of it, which is 4 bottles worth. I still have the receipt somewhere.
Check Amazon and compare prices; It's probably cheaper just to order them.

Frito-Lay is apart of Pepsi and Yum Brands who owns taco bell has a lifetime contract with Pepsi according to wikipedia. Even though Pepsi spun out the Yum restaurants long ago they still have a significant tie to their former restaurants.

>taco
>burrito

PICK ONE TB

I've realized this for a while, but what's the connection between Burger King and Cheeto's?

And for that matter, A&W Root Beer and Sunkist. They seem to be whoring their brand out the most (Jelly Bell, Pop Tart) so they must be a separate entity from Coca-Cola or Pepsi.

Math is not your strong suit.

2 ounces per a side
10 ounces per a bag
equals 5 sides per a bag
4 bags per a box
equals 20 sides per a box not 40

Why does Taco Bell charge you if you're substituting one ingredient for another of the same price? I mean rice is only 30 cents so it doesn't really matter but it seems stupid.

Yeah, they brought back Spanish rice for the beefy crunch.

They brought back spanish rice? I've eaten the beefy crunch, it used to be my jam back in college, but I thought it was their shit-tier "cantina" rice.

If only they brought back the Volcanie Burritie with the original mexican rice, then we'd have some business.

A&W is apart of the Dr. Pepper Snapple Group who has a license to produce Sunkist orange soda. The rights might extend to other foods.

Now with 30% meaF

Yeah but I think they only brought it back for the beefy crunch burrito, I'm not sure if it's available for anything else or even still around.

How does Pepsi make money off of a restaurant that only sells Coke? You give them a special non-Pepsi item. They already serve up Doritos as a side in taco bells. You see if BK will go for a similar deal. BK wants an item that will make them stand out rather than just your usual bag of chips you get anywhere else.

But YUM is obviously making the flaming fritos. Why aren't they mass distributing them?

They obviously are somewhere, you can find fresh bags all over ebay. It's not like the Baja Blast which is in walmart all over the place now.

I swear to god if they do that with the hot cheetos I'm going to shoot someone

I'm a woman and my name is Pooja.

Yum Brands just operates restaurants I believe. PepsiCo probably produces all of their special items even those hot sauce packets. That's my guess. Spicy foods aren't as popular in America as Veeky Forums would like so it would be understandable that Frito-Lay would restrict production to certain markets.

wait the bcb is gone? FUCK MY LIFE

Best taco bell item since they introduced pizza

ours was one of the few that still sold the chilli cheese burrito, then they got rid of it. feels bad man

>Why does Taco Bell charge you if you're substituting one ingredient for another of the same price?

Exactly, I don't get it. Papa johns doesn't do this, it's free. I could understand it if it was a limited time or seasonal item maybe, but rice instead of lettuce and I gotta fork 30c? fuck off

Just get the beefy Frito burrito. They do still have that, don't they?

Taco Bell manager here. I've never heard of this burrito and it sounds dumb as hell. Also those look like red strips and not fiery fritos. The red strips are the crunchy shit that's in the beefy nacho griller.

>Junk food plays a big part in my life

fast food is fast, easy, convenient and tastes great. For those of us who aren't master chef it's the best way to go.

I think those are a bit thicker than the strips.

Although when the fritos got soggy with everything else in the burrito, they might as well have been red strips. Unless you sat down and ate it right then they had no fire left to them at all and were soggy as everything else

Why is the beefy crunch burrito so loveable? There's just something about it, I'm not sure whether my favorite food from taco bell is the chalupa or that burrito.

Its the crunch!

I hate their rice so this is good.

Taco burrito tho? Isnt it justva soft Taco??

Isn't the crunchwrap just a taco as well? Crunchwraps are like the calzones of pizza and this abomination the strombolis.

Who cares? So long as they have the Quesorito they are solid.