Why does everything taste better in a mason jar?

why does everything taste better in a mason jar?

(especially lemonade)

Seek psychological assessment, you fucking loony.

its true though

>Seek psychological assessment, you fucking loony.
you know, Moot used to have a policy against attacking/insulting the userbase. I'm telling Kobe Tai on you.

That sounds like some pretty normal placebo stuff though, user. I think OP might be healthy.

>placebo
but not if it *really* taste better

try it, drink out of a normal glass, then try a mason jar. Notice the difference?

Maybe that's why they have different shaped glasses for all different types of beverage. Mason jars are great for drinks with ice in them.

If you truly think that, then it's probably the novelty of it you enjoy.
Being a southerner, I find the trend a bit odd, but I guess that's because I've always had mason jars for drinking glasses. A few years after I got my first apartment a friend actually bought me drinking glasses. I laughed, thinking it was a silly thing to have glasses that you couldn't do anything else with. I used them, but never replaced them after they broke. It still seems a bit...needlessly fancy for no reason.

the small neck and the ice might be why

It's....what? user, a placebo can still be a quantifiable effect. But the entire point is that it's imagined. chemically, the drinks are the EXACT SAME. The most pseudo-science you could get about it is argue that the weird "lip" of the glass delivers the drink differently than a normal cup thus changing the flavor but even that is really stretching it(and I also made that shit up on the spot).

>Moot used to have a policy against attacking/insulting the userbase
If this were true literally everyone on Veeky Forums would be banned.
I would like to see this actually get implemented though. Just for one day like an April fools joke or something.

Mason jars come in small mouth and wide mouth. I've seen both used in restaurants.

You completely ignore the fact that scent is 50% or more of the 'taste' experience of a drink and different glasses evaporate drinks differently. That's the entire fucking reason a scotch glass is different than a brandy glass is different than a cabernet glass.

I'm with you OP. I made a household decree that we need mason jars for drinking and it's been great. My favorite drink in them is a rum and coke.

your other dishes would taste the same if you washed them.

Because you're a fuckin' knob m8

kys

maybe. cause theyre used for honey and tomato sauce. honey is good, tomato sauce a different kind of good and a sweetener.

Does it though?

Here's an experiment you can all try at home and hopefully post the results here!

Get some lemonade and put some of it into a mason jar and then some of it into a regular glass or plastic cup. Put a straw into both and then blindfold yourself. Ask a friend to mix up the glasses so you can't remember the location and then taste them all. Give a rating or try to see if you can figure out which is the mason.

I've always hated people who drink from a jar. How stupid. What next, eat from a barrel?

because you're a hipster

I only twice had cocktails served to me in mason jars
the last one was so shit I've never drank anything from a mason jar to this day, nor prepared any drink to go in a mason jar

>why does everything taste better in a mason jar?

Only the Freemasons know the secret