Legit question from a dev

Legit question from a dev.
Why is a chainlink middleware needed instead of communicating directly with the smart contract?
There has to be some unsafe data that communicates with the chainlink middleware so what does it change? It saves from having to validate the inputs inside the contracts??? what am I missing.

Don't bother. Link is vaporware that trolls on Veeky Forums find it funny to trick newfags into buying. If you're even asking this question you need to lurk more.

offchain data needs middleware to connect to onchain data

If you're a dev, why don't you try making a smart contract that uses real world data and find out the answer yourself? :^)

This is the answer, do you need more elaboration? If you meant something else an example might help us understand.

Imagine I have a contract somewhere already deployed and am running a server connecting to a geth node with json rpc. Why do I need chainlink to interact with the contract?

running a server running a local geth client with json rpc.
I could interact with a contract directly with json why use Chainlink?

Because then you have a centralized data source interacting with the contract. Basically eliminating the entire point of smart contracts and creating a single point of attack

how can you be this stupid

yes but how do you provide data without a centralized source? you will always need a server feeding the contract no?

feeding data to the contract*

What's stopping someone from setting up super computes in every city that are capable of use Excel to ddos attack the input data?

you'd have to pay link per attack
the source will always most certainly be centralized
but the point is that the middleware isn't

json rpc is to get data from a contract on ethereum, not send to it

basically you'd be running a centralized server that uses ethereum data instead of a decentralized contract that uses decentralized data transfers

tfw I don't even know how to code
am I answering these questions right guys?
hahaha

By using a decentralized network to verify the data as well as using multiple sources for the same type of data. It's all in the whitepaper if you DYOR.

the difference is GETTING data FROM a smart contract versus SETTING a smartconracts state based on secure data

you can send transactions and interact with contracts from rpc(I used json as example)

Still centralized lol. How you verify that people/sources aren't lying while submitting the data.

Tfw thinking of dumping all my Links for XMR

to be honest i looked at the methods and didn't see how it could be done

which method do you use?

i guess if you CAN do this, then it would still come from a centralized source, hence LINK

your assumption is that the data is false or tampered with before it's submitted
that'll always be a problem whatever tech you can come up with.
the point is to not have it tampered with or modified postsubmission

All in the whitepaper.

There are ways to reward nodes which provide accurate data and penalize nodes which do not.

Actually the most interesting part of how the link economy will work. You'll be paid in LINK if you have consistently accurate data but you'll still be part of a decentralized network of oracles.

did you use db_ putString?

honeslty dumping for XMR isn't even a bad idea, XMR is a good thing to own....

LINK is obviously more risky

Yea I understand, it's just weird about how it'd work if somehow some server side verifications were necessary. Now we have to assume that everything would run on Link nodes. Not like I would mind lol. Could be cool.

I didn't know that, interesting. Will def read the white paper. How do they verify when it's right data tho?

Not sure what you mean desu.

>Legit question from a dev.
oooh, a 'dev'
>Why is a chainlink middleware needed instead of communicating directly with the smart contract?
you have this ass backwards
>There has to be some unsafe data that communicates with the chainlink middleware so what does it change? It saves from having to validate the inputs inside the contracts??? what am I missing.
DYOR, HTML jockey

They've got several criteria (4 different ones I think) for determining accuracy. When you read the wp it's in there

AND being above $1 defeats the purpose of the token