What is Veeky Forums's favorite vegetable? Mine is water spinach

What is Veeky Forums's favorite vegetable? Mine is water spinach.

Add some land peas and air rugula to that and you have a real dish.

>land beans
>air rugula
wtf?

mods will delete this, Veeky Forums is a fast food board

but since you asked probably potato or aubergine

to make it a complete meal 4-5 minutes on fire

Corn on the cob, raw sugar snap peas, or steamed broccoli

We say Kangkung to this in Malaysia. It's very tasty.

>Kangkung
>water spinach
You are both wrong, it is called water convolvulus
also what this guy said. mods pls ban the op he does not belong here this vegan shit is worse than PETA

Onions. I love onions.

Pic related: Spanish pumpkin, I think. Though it's technically a fruit.
If it has to be a vegetable vegetable, then likely mountain spinach.

It's pretty good, stir fried with shrimp paste, garlic, chillies and fresh prawns. Pretty common thing, really.

Broccoli.

You do know there isn't an actual botanical definition for a vegetable, right?

Well, user, since you asked, a vegetable is anything vegans will eat without being cunts about it that isn't a fruit, tuber, bean, seed, nut, spice or grain. (^:
That generally means flowers, shoots and leaves.

i love most vegetables.. but if i had to pick once it would have to be.. potatoes. they are just so versatile

Broccoli, brussel sprouts, and asparagus.

Onions of all varieties.

They go too well with noodles, I have to choose them.

vegetable
[vej-tuh-buh l, vej-i-tuh-]
noun
1. any plant whose fruit, seeds, roots, tubers, bulbs, stems, leaves, or flower parts are used as food, as the tomato, bean, beet, potato, onion, asparagus, spinach, or cauliflower.

>no definition
>gives a definition
You're none too bright, are ya buddy?

Following this definition rhubarb is a vegetable. But it is mostly considered to be a fruit.

Following this definition, even apples, bananas, pineapples, cherries and apricots are vegetables.

>no BOTANICAL definition
>gave semantic definition

Not too good at reading there, are ya friendo?

its probably broccoli, it goes well with just about anything, and the stem is delicious raw

Right, but that's what I'm saying. The definition of what is and isn't a vegetable is totally arbitrary. Botanically, there isn't a difference.

Bok choy

Potatoes

Then give the botanical one, smart guy. I'll wait.

Well, you might be there a while.

F. Don Vito

>tries to act all smart
>can't even give a definition
How's that extra chromosome treatin' ya, buddy?

Mine is Australian Peas.

It's hard to narrow it down. Pic related, I guess.

Honorable mentions go to broccoli and carrot.

That's cheating

Probably Brussels Sprouts or Artichoke

My current favorite vegetable is Celtuce. It's one of the few vegetables that actually tastes savory, the smell reminds me of fried food. Best stir fry vegetable ever.

My favorite vegetable changes though, depending on the season and what kind of food bent I'm on at the moment. A couple months ago, I was eating every kind of sweet potato I could find in every possible way I could think of. And before that, it was asparagus everything. One thing I'm really bummed about is that I totally missed cheap artichokes when they were in season. They're still widely available now, but the price has gone back up because they're going out of season now. I don't know why, I just blanked out on that one, and it sucks because I fucking love artichokes.

bok choy

Confirmed for never having had celtuce. It doesn't smell savoury. It smells like lettuce. Because that's what it is. It's also nicely bitter.
I have some in my fridge right now, actually.

Water spinach was one of my favorite veggies for years, but I burned out on it after a while. These days I'm really into eggplant and okra.

I make an eggplant, okra, cauliflower and potato curry that you might like, then. Next time I do, I'll save you some. (^:

Okra is pretty good. So are collard greens. Pretty much any Southern style vegetables.

So I guess at the end of the day, pork fat is my favorite vegetable.

Bitch, I've been eating Celtuce for a long time now, and it certainly does taste savory. It doesn't smell like lettuce at all. If anything, it smells like a more pungent celery that's been fried. STFU.

Brussels sprouts, onions, mushrooms, potatoes.

In fact, I often roast all four of those in the oven together and I could eat well for several days.

I've been cooking tabeekh lately, which is similar, with the cauliflower swapped out for zucchini and some tomatoes, and a little cinnamon in the spice blend. Good stuff. May have to make some tomorrow, because the eggplant and zucchini are coming in in droves right now.

cucumbers.

Gimme the asparagus.

Watercress

Snowpea tip/leaves

Sugar snap peas

>tabeekh
That literally means "dish," as in a specific sort of meal like "bamia mei laham is my favourite dish." That use of the word 'dish.'

>cinnamon in the spice blend
Lemme guess: you or your family are originally from Aden? Baharat Adeni (hawayij) is the only mix of spices I can think of from an Arab-speaking region that is added to stewed eggplant dishes that includes cinnamon. That would be cumin, caraway, pepper, coriander seed, cardamom seed (or cinnamon) and saffron (or turmeric or safflower), have I got that right?