Whats something good to put on an egg salad sandwich? When I think of things they just seem like it would be weird...

Whats something good to put on an egg salad sandwich? When I think of things they just seem like it would be weird, even stuff like bacon. I usually just make them with a bit of mustard on the bread

butter

I put coleslaw and red onions on mine.

Lettice for texture, need something crisp among all that soft squishiness, thats about it

Mix some hot sauce on in with it, works for tuna salad as well. Black olives.

these sound about right, I was lookin for something crunchy

Mustard on bread sounds fine, no need to abandon simplicity.

Still, I think I'll try saeurkraut on my next one.

Put the flavoring in your mayo base used in your egg salad. A good egg salad only needs a bit of crunch from bread, croutons..celery..etc.

Avocado

onion and bacon

Pastrami

Deli pepperoni.

Seriously, try it.

Mix some mayo with a mild curry for spread. Some bacon bits, baby sprouts, a slice or two of tomato.

Jalapenos (or more pickles).

potato chips and cheddar cheese

For a stylish twist on the New York classic, why not try substituting mayonnaise for, dare I say, English Salad Cream.

Tomato, sweet raw onion. The bread must be dark.

Plenty of dill. For something crunchy, celery gets some fiber in your diet without changing the taste too much. Don't knock bacon or ham though, ham salad and egg salad are basically the same thing, and eggs are good with ham.

tuna or salmon

How has nobody said finely chopped spring onions? Also tomato, rocket and proper ham.

Cress.
Bacon bits.

I used to prefer salad cream to mayo, but not long ago I had some mayo on a ham sandwich and I switched back.