What's the origin story for the various McDonaldland characters?

What's the origin story for the various McDonaldland characters?

I've been searching all day and I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonaldland#Characters
youtube.com/watch?v=GVt9QTPld8U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why are you interested in McDonalds lore?

one day a man in marketing thought "kids are stupid, they'll eat three centimeters of pressed dog meat if a clown sells it to them"

>No Mayor McCheese
Ronald deposed him to set up his fascist clown regime.

I don't even

And what the fuck is Grimace? The anthropomorphication of a facial expression? Put down the pipe advertising guy. Seriously.

He represents obesity and type 2 diabetes due to excessive milkshake consumption.

Hamburglar was born in a small village

He's from the moon.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonaldland#Characters

Thanks for ruining everything!

I hate you and I'm going to run away and never come back!

>no moonman

>searching all day

but why

Some marketing people invented them. Same with the BK characters

Are they still a thing? I don't even see the clown anywhere in the restaurants anymore.

>they will never bring back Mac Tonight

The clown was stolen from a local clown who was featured in the radio. Grimace was introduced to sell mcnuggets and I have no idea about the others.
You know, seeing them makes ma nostalgic, McDonalds used to have them everywhere back in the 90s and early 2000s and now they are nowhere to be seen

>I don't even see the clown anywhere in the restaurants anymore.

You seem to have answered your own question, user.

Deepest lore

>and now they are nowhere to be seen
its just that they look so 90s it hurts

Mate '90s in back in!
Haven't you seen what all the 14 year girls are wearing?

Snaps is best girl. Boomer fans gtfo

Well at least they didn't try to give them a new look like the Looney tunes or sonic

>wheels

Each character beyong the clown was the personification of a menu item. Once McDonald's managed to convince the skeptical middle class they were a wholesome and hygienic place to eat they needed to win over their kids. This was how they did it - they were really one of the first restaurants to specifically target children, and you can imagine what a novelty that was for kids at the time. Most restaurants made them feel unwelcome, but McDonald's welcomed them. I'm sure it seemed like a big fucking deal.

>McDonald's lore

Good laff m8

fucking kej

Why did Grimace fall from grace?

hubris

crippling paranoia, just like richard nixon

You should make up backstories and write your own mcdees fanfic. Post results.

It's not called liveabetes.

Also, bonus points for shipping the pirate guy with one of those cheerleader pompom things

Me and my brothers used to get so excited over the movies

youtube.com/watch?v=GVt9QTPld8U

I would feel the same way as grimace if I was stuck with those ratchet ho's.

When I was a kid they had cassette tapes that my older sister and I would listen to all the time. I forgot what they were it was for Halloween or something.

The little mcnuggy things were neat too.

I prefer when they arent wearing

What ever happened to the Hamburglar? They brought him back for like a week last year then forgot about him. What was the point of that?