It's that time again. Post food gore

It's that time again. Post food gore.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/c7Md4YR75qU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The 20th Century was brutal to American cuisine.

Well, it was better than what communism did to pretty much all of Eastern Europe, and now America has one of the best food cultures in the world, same with beer.

I made this when I first started cooking.....don't judge me

Lobster Shrimp Cake over Cabbage Confit and Saffron Yellow Rice w/ Sour Pineapple Plum Sauce

>take any food
>put in gelatin/jello
>wala ready-made food gore

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Fuck even pelmenis are more apetizing than any of the shitty interpretations americans try to do, tex mex for example

Looks good to me.

Nobody gives a shit, so you can stop spamming this as though anyone cares.

It looks like fried scarab beetles

Is that 'go'za gluten free?

I genuinely can't tell if Americans are joking or just stupid when they post this. Just because a minute slice of your population can afford to eat at fancy restaurants and circlejerk over craft IPAs, that doesn't detract from the reality that 90%+ of Americans live off Bud Light and Kraft dinners, and will never eat a half-decent meal in their life.
Simply hilarious.

They're both joking and stupid sometimes either one or the other, sometimes both at the same time.
Americans are the human form of quantum computing.

They will disagree for no reason just to stand out.
America is the reverse psychology centre of the earth.

I'm curious as to what this would taste like

don't use flash, ever
use three cheapo lamps instead

What shitthole Europoor country are you guys from?

It's just children, mostly. Their brains haven't reached the level of intellectual development where they can think about and discuss a social issue from multiple angles. They see "American food" and their frame of reference calls upon the only thing they know: a WW2 hollywood film with a lot of CGI explosions and some banter between the heroic title character played by MattDamon/TomHanks/ShiaLeBoeuf, and the effete morally ambiguous supporting character played by BenedictCumberbatch wearing a comical french moustache.

It's physically impossible for Americans to discuss discuss American food on this board without qualifying anything that is less than breathless praise with "I'm a patriotic American and support war at all times, but _________"

It's kind of like how you can't mention liking vegetables without first prefacing it by saying "I love BACON RRAWWRR REAL SELF SUFFICIENT BEARDED FRONTIER MAN, but also _________________________"

If global rule #2 was actually possible to enforce in practice, things might be different but it is what it is.

Don't you even think of insulting pelmeni around here.

if this isn't copypasta you should be ashamed of your autism

Oh hi, everything more than 3 words is pasta guy
Get promoted to assistant manager yet?

idk, man. Yes, we're world class on the high end, but rich people always eat well. And fewer people starved here over the last 70 years or so than in other places, so yeah, that's a plus. My point was specifically that the 20th Century really fucked up our cuisine. And that shit is still alive and well. All you have to do is walk through a supermarket to see how low the quality of ingredients is. The meat, dairy and produce is the kind of stuff your great grandmother would have been disappointed with. And most of the shelf space is taken up by truly awful prepared foods that have become so ubiquitous people don't think twice about buying them. And look at our restaurants. What's on the menu? Poor quality chicken, often breaded and fried, bad bread, fries, the meanest burgers and pizza possible, poor quality cheese everywhere and very little in the way of identifiable vegetable matter until you get to the high end.

Food gore is alive and well today. It takes the form of the chicken nugget, the Whopperito, the pizza with ranch dressing and the entire Taco Bell menu. It's the frozen heat and eat dinners at Walmart. It's the double IPA. It's General Tso's chicken, and any sandwich from Subway.

The 20th Century calculation had a noble aspect to it: food stayed cheap, so few Americans went hungry. The downside of that was that food gore level dishes became everyday eating for most of us.

>The 20th Century calculation had a noble aspect to it: food stayed cheap, so few Americans went hungry
Yes and no

Not having enough calories is now not such a problem

However, by replacing food with synthetic food-grade USDA perfectly legal food simulants created through monoculture and top-down agricultural policy, we've spent the last 100 years building irresponsible corporate monsters, and playing whack-a-mole with various nutritional epidemics. Every time some new post-industrial horror crops up we either mandate the addition of some random micronutrient to our calorie powders, or we try to discourage people from eating the exact same foods that we caused to be overproduced. Birth defects from eating weird heavily processed starchy extracts? No problem just add folate powder to the vats of vile poor people food! Problem solved! Massive obesity due to nothing but HFCS and burger king? Threaten to sue Burger King until they put iceberg lettuce sippy cups on the menu! Problem solved!

Now the same futurist retards are trying to pull off the same scam in the third world by pushing vitamin fortified GMO rice monoculture, it's like we haven't learned our lesson (or maybe just don't give a shit, more likely)

>maybe just don't give a shit
Shits are most definitely given, just not about food quality. Part of it is the Roman ideal of bread and circuses - the citizenry will be docile as long as food is cheap. Think of all the turmoil that went down in this country in the 1960's. If food hadn't been cheap there might actually have been a revolution. Or at least far more widespread race riots. But there's a limit to just how angry well fed people can get as a group.

This dovetails nicely with macroeconomics of it. When farming is a patchwork af family businesses it's difficult to standardize. Put food production under the umbrella of a few giant corporations who help shape and execute a centralized policy and you can assure cheap food for all. If the criticism arises that this seems anti-capitalist you just have to point to the profits these companies rake in as proof it isn't.

This works great for the government, which wants to assure cheap food, and great for the corporations who profit from producing it. Not so great for the consumer looking for quality food, and awful for the standards of the cuisine in general.

But the folks at the top don't care, because they can afford to eat better. And as long as everybody else is content with chicken nuggets and cheap cheese the system marches on.

>And as long as everybody else is content with chicken nuggets and cheap cheese the system marches on.
We're not just content with it, we're so emotionally invested in it that anyone who doesn't think it's the best thing ever obviously hates America and has literally never even set foot here.

i love the trickle of blood

Why does Veeky Forums hate America so much?

We don't, you just have this perverse idea that "america" is your HFCS in a 36 oz styrofoam cup with a side of chicken*-flavored nuggies and "honey BBQ flavored real edible dippin' sauce"
Anyone who doesn't look, think, talk, eat, drink, live, or feel EXACTLY like you must be trolling or insane
In short, you are a flyover
>*now with real chicken shit extract

You don't even know where I live or what I eat.

Its not blood fool, its hemoglobin.

It's myoglobin you fucking retard.

>blood
Idiot. Meat is drained of blood before being sold as a general rule. the red liquid is pretty much the water that was previously resting in the meat, it's not "Blood".

I wanted to say that was a matter of region and social class, but for most of America it isn't. The only folks with access to a consistent diet of quality food are the handful of people who grow and hunt/fish their own food and well-off folks in major cities. Everybody else is eating the same garbage from the supermarket or a chain restaurant. But as long as it's cheap and salty-fatty-sweet they don't care, because they have no reference point for better.

As you pointed out, even the idea of having a reference point for better would seem subversive to them.

I love America. I just hate what 20th Century agricultural policy has done to most of our food. We live in a country with some of the best food in the world, yet most folks are eating turkey fucking sandwiches from Subway, burgers made from commodity grade beef or something made from factory farmed chicken breast. Or chain pizza. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with fun, trashy food. I'm saying there's something wrong when it becomes the standard. I like to fantasize we're better than that.

>I love America.
See It's pretty fucking depressing how if you want to talk about food standards in this country your patriotism is automatically questioned.

The shills have earned their pay today.

>if you want to talk about food standards in this country your patriotism is automatically questioned.
That is more of a regional thing. If you live in a part of the country where BigAgra is big business criticism of it is seen as subversive. Because people don't want to bite the hand that feeds them. The same way you won't hear people talking trash about Wall St at Hamptons parties, or shitting on the entertainment industry at LA gala events. And you'd be hard pressed to find many Texans with anything negative to say about American beef.

Yes, the standards for food in this country are awfully low. But that means most people here are not just eating, but enjoying poor quality food. And for many it's what keeps their state in business. Talking trash about it will make them defensive, and rightly so.

>And you'd be hard pressed to find many Texans with anything negative to say about American beef.

Texan here. While we do have access to good beef here in the states, most of it--like all other industrially produced food--could be greatly improved upon.

The problem is that the average customer doesn't know any better, and doesn't care. They want cheap. Relatively few customers are willing to pay more for higher quality.

>few customers are willing to pay more for higher quality.
That's because the poor quality stuff is so fucking cheap that someone used to it will be dumbfounded by what better stuff actually costs. We've gotten making poor quality cheap stuff down to such a science ($5 pizzas, for example) that no one has realistic expectations about what anything better actually costs.

Because grass-fed GROUND beef is $6.99. I think the average Whole Foods shopper expects higher prices to correlated to better quality. However, like you said, the average consumer with their stagnant wages are not going to spend that much if they're on a budget but neither will they forgo meat in lieu of healthier fruits and vegetables. You actually don't need to eat meat for every meal. It's just people are so used to it due to the low costs.

Yeah, I agree with that, though I think it's only part of the problem.

One of the issues with the price of the cheap stuff being so low is that people have gotten used to insane portion sizes. It would be crazy expensive to duplicate those same portions with higher quality meat. Cheap meat has become the staple of many people's diets, which causes health issues too. It would be relatively simple to eat less but higher quality meat on the same budget. But that's not what our culture leans towards.

> Cheap meat has become the staple of many people's diets, which causes health issues too
I used to go out for lunch with coworkers sometimes, before it became clear that this was impossible. It was always "user I can't go there, it's so EXPENSIVE and I'm going to be hungry later". Meaning: it's the same cost as the place they're going, but instead of 2 pounds of fried mystery meat topped with onion rings, a side of freedom fries, and a half gallon of corn syrup mixed with ice, I'm getting a generous amount of fresh vegetables and a moderate amount of meat, and probably nothing to drink with the meal, but an espresso afterwards.

Then later they bitch and moan that it's so hard to lose weight and user how do you stay so THIN it must be because you "work out"

No, fatty, I stay a normal weight (not thin by any means) by focusing on flavor and quality rather than panicking if my meal is less than 300 calories per dollar.

Quite possibly the most autistic posts I've seen. You drooling redditor meme meal faggots love to make lengthy, nonsensical rants about a country that is made up of states bigger than your country, each with their own cultures and foods and jerk each other off because you saw someone eat a bad meal, once. Fine dining is not the only form of quality food. Did you never eat a home cooked meal as a child? Fuck, you're retarded. Kill me.

>Kill me
How would I even manage that when the closest I get to you is about 35,000 feet? By dropping toilet icicles on your head?

That's a lovely Head Cheese.

I think it's more than that. Eating meat at every meal is something traditionally only done by the rich. Suddenly it was a luxury even the working class and poor could afford. People balk at the idea of luxuries being taken away from them. You saw it with cars. Americans were used to driving big cars, When cars became smaller and more efficient many switched over to driving trucks, even if they had no real reason to be driving trucks.
That's my brother. Totally obese, and eats one and a half to two servings of meat at every meal. I railed on him for buying supermarket chicken breasts the other day. "Why are you buying those?" He answered: "Because they're cheap. Yeah, I said, but they're awful. No meat would be better than eating that. He kind of agreed, and has made peace with the idea that EVERY meal might not need to contain meat. He's trying to eat two meatless meals a week, maybe a breakfast or lunch here and there. I wish him luck, dude has to lose over 100lbs iof he wants to get to a normal body weight.

How the fuck do you eat 21 meals a week containing meat? Is it really that cheap in the USA?

People here start talking about armed insurrection when chicken breast goes over $1.99 a pound

Dude has eggs and bacon (or sausage) with toast for breakfast every day, lunch is usually a meat sandwich and dinner is a meal centered around a large portion of meat for dinner.

Cheap meat and cheese is the cornerstone of current American food gore. Soon you'll be able to buy a burrito made out of a Whopper at BK for $3. So yes, it is that cheap. And it's the quality you'd expect for that price.

Dude, if you buy at the discounter meat is literally cheaper than vegetables in europe as well.
Only thing even cheaper are basic things like fries, noodles, rice and such stuff.
Even fucking buns are more expensive with 70ct a piece.

>Soon you'll be able to buy a burrito made out of a Whopper at BK for $3.

i'm not american and i don't debate that their food is bad, you're just an enormous blowhard narcissist

If you think that's bad you should take a look at the menu at Taco Bell or Domino's pizza.

American food is not bad. Some of it is amazing. It's just that the current standards are pretty much food gore level. If you have the time, money and inclination to do better you can. But if you're not paying attention here you can easily end up eating frozen microwaveable General Tso's chicken from Walmart or pizza from Costco.

>be irrelevant yuropoor

>get social science degree from sharia university

>use it to spout autism on a mongolian anime food forum

Well fuck me.
I'm an unrepentant meat eater but I'm glad I like veg.

Joke's on you, I've never set foot in the UK other than flying over it much as I fly over you
I haven't been to a Taco Bell for 14 years, I've had Domino's a few times since then but it was just your average shit-tier chain pizza

My bro eats vegetables, too. But to him they're side dishes eaten with a pile of meat for supper, and they don't have much else of a place.
You should look at the menus these places have. You'll see the same things you remember, plus some really batshit crazy stuff of more recent vintage. TB has breakfast items, Dorito flavored shit and some really obscene shit like the Crunchwrap. Domino's now offers Buffalo Chicken, Ranch Chicken and Cheesesteak pizzas, along with chicken carbonara and chicken Alfredo pastas.

>implying current american fads are better

The 20th Century was the set up for the worst of today's fads. Chicken fries wouldn't have been possible without nuggets paving the way.

>66666
Holy fuck!

English breakfasr

>it's another "americucks get triggered" episode

WA LA! Nice Fazolis!

the black fingers holding the package trigger me

I'm an American that moved from a high HDI coastal city to the Midwest, and I can confirm that everything in these two posts are true.

>tfw Subway for lunch today because literally nothing else available.

>we haven't learned our lesson

They are fully aware and just don't care, I've factually observed it.

Think 1910s monopolistic robber barons, but this time aided by armies of AAA lawyers and paid off, immoral scientists.

>a minute slice of your population can afford to eat at fancy restaurants and circlejerk over craft IPAs

That's just simply not true, but to the extent that it is, who cares? Poor people can't afford nice things in any country.

>states a fact
>"you're just a child who isn't fully developed mentally yet"

Maybe when you leave your village some day you'll see what the world is really like, and stop basing your stereotypes on Veeky Forums.

>the chicken nugget, the Whopperito, the pizza with ranch dressing and the entire Taco Bell menu. It's the frozen heat and eat dinners at Walmart. It's the double IPA. It's General Tso's chicken, and any sandwich from Subway.

One of these things is not like the others...

It's mostly Australian shitposting.

Then again, you can't say anything positive about American food without being called patriotic now... There's plenty of things not to like about America, but it's undeniable that there's both good and bad food, good and bad beer - and you don't have to be a millionaire to enjoy quality food.

pelmenis are good though

Take away the cabbage and tidy up the 'chefs jizz' dressing presentation and this'd be good to go

Golden rice is a good thing idiot

Maybe to you. They all seem equally bad to me.

>it's another "insecure Europoors shitposting about America" episode

Someone got a cap of the Sweet Sundae Ramen thread?

>Well, it was better than what communism did to pretty much all of Eastern Europe
lol good one

Wtf. I'd rather eat a fried cloaca than that.

cuck

spot the scaley

wat

>dem quints

POO IN LOO

>its not blood its just red water

retard

inb4
>american
>cuisine
pick one

Can we please go back to food gore instead of your petty arguments? I haven't seen one of these threads all week so don't ruin this for me pls

I'll add you on PS4 and we can discuss food as we own nubes.

Somebody post the homemade pasta sauce video, I forget what it's called

Marie's Homemade Italian Sauce from Italy

Thanks

youtu.be/c7Md4YR75qU

>66666

C-can't we just post pictures of grody ass food you fucking shitheads?

Wrong board, faggot.

Yuropoors get asshurt about how they'll never even come close to being as good as America.

>Poor people can't afford nice things in any country.
except for actual first world countries

Poor people in the US would rather have big cars and $800 phones than eat real food

this
I see the poorest people in my country with smartphones, big fucking tv's and designer clothes.

Only third world countries have actual poverty any more.

I'd eat that. what is it? like a pizza pie or something?

'Go 'za