Buy a convenience store?

I have to move to a town in the middle of the desert. There isn't a business for an hour's drive east or west. I don't want to live there but life sucks so roll with it. There is a convenience store there that used to service the 150+ people town and the very close interstate. It's closed and I want to buy it. Talk me out of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RIFPupQMtbU
krqe.com/2014/10/31/disturbing-find-in-abandoned-route-66-buildings/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why the fuck did it close?

Sounds pretty cool in a strange, surreal way.
Where is this place?
Make a documentary as you open that business there and post it somewhere.

The old owners died and the kids don't want to move there to run it. Been closed for a few years. That's all I know so far. American southwest right off of I10 with good access. No gas pumps. I'm pretty much buying a job. I don't want to work for people anymore and I damned sure don't want to drive an hour to work for people.

that's the last business venture I'd ever buy...that said in it's unique position maybe you're on to something. Check out it's revenue and shit, look into it and post info here

Sounds comfy. Do it.

Also have fun when creepypastas become real. Small desert towns are inherently creepy.

Yeah, sell defective condoms so the population grows and you have more customers

I dig the vibe over in the American SW.
There's something about the desert.

Not a business venture as much as providing a service while making a living.
This place is creepy as fuck man.

I've had some weird shit happen to me in bumfuck nowhere Arizona/Utah. Seriously a graveyard shift at a small desert convenience station is gunna generate some great stories.

How much profit can a convenience store turn in a day?

My wife's income can take care of monthly household obligations for the most part. I need this to be worth my time, not worth the money.

fuck it then, do it user

>This place is creepy as fuck man.

youtube.com/watch?v=RIFPupQMtbU

Yeah it sounds like a good move. But I would hire people to work there and leave it open 24/7 if possible.

Are you fucking stupid?

150 people?

In the middle of a desert?

What value add on do you have?

What about if there's another competitor?

Why is the owner selling? No one sells a successful company if it's a cash cow. What problems are you inherierting?

What's the cost of establishing one right next door?

What's to say he won't do that? Non compete? good luck getting that affrimed in retail.

Is he tired? Fuck him he can hire a manager
How fucking stupid are you?

Convenience stores, are by default profitible by being convinient and the only one around by having consistent foot traffic. Why do you think a huge city can have one on every corner while the fuckinf desert has one (if really?)

Why are so many posts on Veeky Forums from retarded adults who haven't took a 101 economics class when they were 16?

Fuck it, all we need for this thread is to put convinence stores on block chain and list it as an ICO.

Idk anything about the margins on this place or any convenience store. I have a pretty chill gas station owner in my small town I'm going to chat with soon, see what insight he has. He's young and bought the store in kinda this same scenario.

This is why I came here.

I am stupid, I work at a weed store and used to work on lasers. I know shit about owning or operating a business. All I know is that the place needs somewhere for my wife to buy milk for my children and nobody has opened a fucking place for her to do it yet. There are old people in that town that need their damned crossword puzzles homie, who am I to stand idly by and watch them suffer when I have the balls to try and help?

well he said they died and the kids aren't interested in running it..

Give your new store a Veeky Forums buzzword name so biztards will have a secret stopping point on their drive to Las Vegas and / or Sedona.

If you don't open a convince store then someone else will. I10 is a national highway. You might as well open a truck stop while you're at it

Why are you talking about actual business ideas on a crypto board?

Staaaahp. You guys were supposed to talk me out of it. Fuck it. Say I do it. Any bad advice anons?

If you wanna be some wagecuck all your life then never take risks.

With a pool of 150 people you won't make money with a convenience store alone, you would have to provide multiple services and work like a donkey.
At your place I would investigate the profile of the local population by talking with the mayor and the locals.
It's most likely whites between 40 and 70, in this case I would target the men and open a bar appealing to them + sell some basic products (like toilet paper, water, soap, etc... basically necessity items)

Will see if this thread makes it through the night. Any small business anons feel free to chime in with things you should have known before you did it but we're too dumb to know.

Idk user. The true problem I see here is one of resale. You never know today why you'll need to sell tomorrow. How do you get rid of a business in such a small place? Could literally be years before a buyer shows up.

Also, how social are you? In such an isolated environment, those same 150 people keep each other company all year round. If you piss a single person off you risk losing half of your customers

You need to sell gas and beer, or you won't make it.

It's a cool idea

>Drove through New Mexico with a friend once, stopped at this ghost town called Cuervo to change drivers.

>We joke about how creepy it looks, like there's a cult there. It's right at twilight. >Google the town as we drive away.

krqe.com/2014/10/31/disturbing-find-in-abandoned-route-66-buildings/amp/

>Wierd shit scrawled on the walls, bloody underwear hung up.

why dont you read the thread before posting retarded shit

There is a town like that I passed going east on I believe highway 40 in Arizona called Crater, Arizona. It's the location of a huge meteor impact. The town itself is tiny and there's a geodesic dome there. Always interesting what you find out there in the desert.