I fluff and then it's still kind of gluteny/gluey/gooey

it'd edible, it's just not...perfect

>butter in rice

>Proportion water to rice
>Put rice in boiling water
>Simmer for allotted time
Wa la

why not? and regardless of your reason, butter isn't ruining it

it's not instant rice. are you saying add 1 cup rice, 1 cup water, bring it to a boil, add the rice and then turn the heat off?

Bell peppers, onions, celery. Saute.
Creole seasoning and tin of tomatoes.
Cook down a little.
Add rice and water. Cook uncovered.
Add more water if needed.
Eat.

I'm saying your and idiot for posting this here instead of using Google, which will take less overall time to answer your question.

well queer, you see, I'm using americas test kitchen method and it seems to suck, which confuses me since they are usually pretty solid.

Wash rice
put it in water with roughly 2 to 1 (little bit less water maybe)
put it on small flame until done

Thats how the chinks do it and they should know how to do it after 4 thousand years of eating it.

1 cup of rice
1 1/2 cups of water
bring to boil
turn down heat to lowest and cover for 15min
take off heat completely and leave still covered for 10min

Try using 1 1/2 cup of water to 1 cup of rice.
Bring water to boil, heat down to lowest flame.
Rice in, under lid for 11 mins.
Heat off.
Wait 11 mins.
Good to go.

*you're an

butter in rice is actually a thing in nip cuisine though.

Add a little bit of butter into the rice right when its done, mix it up and let it cook for 2-3 minutes and it's pretty good.

>cup of rice
>2 cups of water
Stop here. for every half cup user 1 and half of water.
>fry rice for a sec
>add water
>bring to boil
Stop. Please.
1. stop cooking rice in a pan.
2. if you are gonna fry rice i personally do it after the rice has been cooked.

>I fluff and then it's still kind of gluteny/gluey/gooey

The real Cantonese way to make fried rice is to use rice that's put in the fridge for a day, never ever use freshly cooked rice.

also
>add water
>cover

what the fuck man

also just use regular cooking oil not butter

>the real cantonese way
lol

as opposed to adding water in fucking fried rice and/or not using a rice cooker, yeah good luck with getting good results Senpai

what the fuck are you even talking about at this point?

here's my process

measure rice with provided cup
rinse rice
pour water up to indicated line
place rice in rice cooker
wait 30 minutes
come back to perfect rice every time

for steamed rice, I use 1 part rice, 0.8 parts water, steam till done.

your our mom

>rice cooker
Only retards bother with these,
Cooking rice on a stove is easy.

t. white guy who learned to cook rice on a stove and thinks it's something to brag about

That's what I do, at least with basmati rice. You may have to vary a little with other sorts.
>for steamed rice, I use 1 part rice, 0.8 parts water, steam till done.
Is steaming rice the way to let it taste like in chinese restaurants? Or is there something else involved? Is there something I have to look for when buying a rice cooker?

you're just jealous of my $200 zojirushi

>$200
>Thinks it's expensive
Weebs are fucking stupid.

POT

HOT

WATER

RICE

BOIL

RUSTIC

t. white guy who learned to cook rice on a stove by watching anime and thinks that anyone else who eats rice must be a weeb too

>weebdamagecontrol.jpg

special Veeky Forums tip: when you put that little arrow it makes the text green and is meant to ironically ascribe the text to the person you are quoting

since you are the weeb in damage control mode, you would remove the arrow

sincerely, someone with a higher IQ than you (or as the US Census Bureau calls us, "Asians")

p.s. how do you know when a white guy has, at the age of 27, learned to steam rice? answer: he'll tell you, right after he's done jacking off to some korean music videos

It's difficult to replicate chinese restaurant rice because they use huge rice cookers which effectively steam most of the rice. At home, I steam rice in a round bottom wok and steam rack with a wide steel dish. It gets close, but not quite the same. You also need the right type of rice, jasmine rice is popular. Amount of water needed will vary depending on type of rice and pan shape.

For a rice cooker, any japanese brand that costs $100 or more with a locking lid and a microprocessor will do. They take a lot of work out of cooking rice twice a day but results aren't as good as steamed rice.

t. resident chink fag

thanks a lot famalam, maybe I'll shell out those 100$ at some point. Any recommended brands with best bang/buck?
I currently have a shitty 25€ one, which looses its coating after about 30 or 40 uses.

Sucks that it won't be quite as good, but hey, got to make the best out of it.

Zojirushi fuzzy logic
is right. Perfect rice every time.

Thanks again. Will take a look.

No, the greentext is 4chans quote function. If you highlight the text of a post and then reply to it, that highlighted portion will be automatically greentexted in the reply window.

Skip the frying step and cut it down to 1.5 or maybe 1.75 cups of water for each of rice. Don't rinse it if you're in the USA, if outside the USA rinse it more thoroughly.
Don't bother covering it with the cloth, taking the lid off to do that is not helping. In fact you should not take the lid off after brining it to the boil until it's done the full cooking time AND the 5-10 minute rest.

for every cup of rice a cup of water, put on medium heat, sprinkle salt, cover.
Wait for all the water to be sucked by rice and you're done. keep in mind whatever you put in water like spices or shit will get into the rice and give it flavor, so sprinkle some flavor salt, chicken bouillon or saffron if you want.

It's usually 2cups of water per cup of rice.
Boil the water, put in the rice, turn down the heat and let it cook slowly until the water is gone.

lol what?

no wonder your rice sucks

I always make jasmine or basmati rice as follows with perfect results every time

-rinse rice 4-5 times
-Equal parts rice water.(cover with a lid)
-bring to simmer for 10 mins.
-remove from heat. Fluff with fork. Let stand for five minutes ( covered)

>fry raw, unwashed rice in your fat of choice (butter is best imo)
>add liquid (either water or stock) and salt
>add some aromatics at this point if you want
>bring to boil
>cover
>low heat
>add more liquid if necessary

delicious every time

Ramen with rice masta race.

>wa la

Who rinses rice

Basically fry it with the juices of whatever you're going to put in it. Tastes so much better

*?

Its how I was always taught. Should i not be rinsing

Can't make it in a bowl since I own a rice cooker tbqh
All it is for me is 2 Cups Rice, 4 Cups Water and press the button for it to cook. Extent of rice for me, but my mom can make Mexican and other rice meals with it.

everyone but your dumb ass

i use a pressure cooker to make rice and it works really well and very quickly.

>put rice and water in rice cooker
>press cook
This method works pretty well for me desu

>2016
>having monotaskers

>2016
>not having a toaster

>doesn't buy rice cookers, toasters, etc and has to use up a spot on his stove instead bc muh ego

laffin bro

>muh Alton Brown told me not to
Kill yourself cuck. Rice cookers can also be used for things besides rice you know.

i had this huge greentext story going about work, but i'll cut it down to:

"people who don't like starch i guess"

What? How in the actual fuck do you not know how to cook rice?

1. wash the rice a few times until the water runs clear

2. put a cup of rice and a cup and a half of water in a pot.

3. put the burner on the highest setting until the water boils (you will know when the lid rattles and steam comes out)

4. turn down the heat to low

5. wait 15 minutes

6. take off the lid, fluff with a fork