What to expect from today's meeting?

Other urls found in this thread:

europa.eu/rapid/press-release_MEX-18-1167_en.htm#6
ec.europa.eu/avservices/ebs/schedule.cfm
europa.eu/rapid/press-release_SPEECH-18-961_en.htm
ec.europa.eu/avservices/ebs/live.cfm?page=1
g20.org/en/calendar
coindesk.com/spanish-government-eyes-tax-benefits-crypto-companies/
reuters.com/article/us-davos-meeting-bitcoin/g20-to-work-on-answer-to-bitcoin-risk-ecbs-coeure-idUSKBN1FF1CI
reuters.com/article/us-global-bitcoin-france-germany/france-germany-to-make-joint-bitcoin-regulation-proposal-at-g20-summit-idUSKBN1F728X
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nothing.

the opposite of what Veeky Forums says

Something if true.

Wait no...

First they flood our countries with niggers and now they're going to fuck my only way of making money? Can Ahmed allah akbar their assembly or something

What time is it? Do they stream live?

More regulations to target ICO and PND scammers.

they can not even agree on border controls for month.

merkels and frogs will propose something to get more taxes with crypto and the other natins will just whatever they like ,

EU destroys everything in favor for those sandniggers.

Nothing good thats for sure.
Also likely not much to happen because:
- there is no operational german gov.
- summer break is coming
- new eu elections are coming up
- imposiblle to implement anything before new parliament elections

They will ban ethereum from all european exchanges because eth is the mother of all scams and ponzi schemes

I'm sick of EU bullshit.

Schengen and free trade, everything else fuck off.

If you're in altcoins, you'd have to be retarded not to prep for every outcome.

>Put ~50% of stack in BTC
>If they fuck everything up, tether up, wait and buy back in at a discount
>If it's positive ride BTC pump before buying back into alts
>If it's neutral, buy back into alts

What time are the talks I cannot find any specifics online

weak hands of course

Yeah, i'm not really expecting anything exciting to be honest, maybe some regulation talk but nothing too bad, bitcoin will probably keep dropping if it's not anything really positive.

Fucking hate these meme excuses and dont forget
>muh money laundering

They just held a press briefing. They're holding a closed round table with central bankers and regular (((bankers))) now, and then announcing the conclusion of the meeting in 2 and a half hours.

And the round table discussions was on the timetable earlier, but obviously removed now.

It didn't say anything about crypto, so didn't know that was the particular one. It started around 2-3 hours ago.

.... The EU will as fucking usual be the bankers bitches. Bye Bye Crypto for Europe.

Just sit in BTC and wait.

If they go full retard, tether up and buy back in cheaper. If they don't, ride the BTC pump while alts tank.

This is just another opportunity to make more money. No matter what the fuckers decide to do.

10% from every trade deducted to fund Abdul.

> In terms of financial services legislation: I made some suggestions on how the EU should approach cryptocurrencies.

Get rekt Mr. Bowlcut.

> Make no mistake: We want Europe to embrace the opportunities of blockchain, the technology underlying cryptocurrencies.

A blockchain without cryptocurrency attached is just a slow Google Sheet.

> But to do so, we must be vigilant and prevent cryptocurrencies from becoming a token for unlawful behaviour.

Lest it becomes fiat.

> In December I wrote to the European Supervisory Authorities to ask them to update their warnings from a financial stability and investor protection perspective. This will happen shortly.

The bubble already popped. What is left to warn about?

> The updated rules against money laundering, which we agreed on in December, will put cryptocurrency exchanges and custodial wallet providers within the scope of money laundering supervision.

Sure, we're going to trust exchanges with our personal data like good goys.

> That means less anonymity and more traceability, through better customer identification, and strong due diligence.

PanamaPapers.zip

> I encourage all Member States to transpose the new rules - agreed last month - as quickly as possible.

Let the battle for the last member state to transpose the rules begin.

> Crytocurrencies may have ramifications for many other areas, including for central banks. That's why I intend to bring together key authorities and the private sector in a high level roundtable very shortly to assess the longer term situation beyond the current market trends.

Muh central banks.

>Be Eurofag
>Open account on any exchange with Asian/US VPN

Well, that was easy to bypass. I'm sure money launderers won't spend $10 on VPN subscriptions though. Way to go, EU.

is this statement after the meeting?

No, before. Read the last paragraph.

They're currently sitting in the meeting.

I don't they give a shit about that. Banks are lobbying to make cryptocurrencies less attractive for normies. In the meantime they develop their own pointless blockchains so they can advertise they're crypto too.

SOMEONE ANSWER THIS.

WHAT FUCKING TIME IS IT? IS IT LIVESTREAMED ?
DONT THE TELL EUROFAGS OR THEY LEAVE THEM IN THE DARK?

NO INFO ONLINE...

See

If EU refuses to embrace crypto, it will be economically left in dust by USA, Asia or whoever will. Press S to spit on its grave.

europa.eu/rapid/press-release_MEX-18-1167_en.htm#6

13:30 CET
ec.europa.eu/avservices/ebs/schedule.cfm

Ssssssssssssssssssss

wow user you really btfo EUA.....how will they ever recover?

why does anyone think this will have an impact whatsoever?

crypto isn't big in europe - nor is ownership of it ...

in addition to that - they just tag along with what merica does, whilst pretending otherwise

If China banning crypto for the 23rd time can crash the market, so can Europe banning crypto for the 1st time.

>A blockchain without cryptocurrency attached is just a slow Google Sheet.

No it isn't. All the good thing are still true except for the trading stuff. You're just biased from being a trader.

Oh really? How can a secure, decentralized blockchain work without an underlying asset?

You're so wrong.

I'm just biased from being a cypherpunk.

>Remove underlying asset
>No incentive for anyone to run PoS/PoW
>Has to be voluntary, which means it'll be centralized and exploitable

Without decentralization you're essentially removing the key to what makes blockchain tech valuable, you absolute brainlet.

These eu fags already said they wanna drop the ban hammer on crypto

I'll drop my ballsack on their forehead when I'll leave for Asia with my Ledger shoved up my asshole.

lol its almost like a centralzed beauracracy is what has been choking the tech industry and many other industries all across the continent

the only industry it seems theyre interesting in is the wholsale rape of europe and making sure only the bolsheviks have any say in political proceedings

-really pathetic bureaucrat hand-wringing
-general lack of knowledge
-casual dishonesty
-soft, stupid looking people
-gentle authoritarianism
-suggestion that individuals are not clever enough to tend to their own business
-somehow mention why immigration is good

Don't be racist user, it's only fair. Do we have to remind you of the 6 garillion that's died in Syria so far?

Add
-muh terrorism funding
-muh money laundering
-muh tax evasion
-muh drug sales
-muh illegal oil sales

And you'd be right.

The country I was born in was allied with Deutschland, so I suppose it's only natural that I pay for my crimes.

The meeting includes people from central banks so it's inevitable they're going to FUD it.

I hope so. I'm prepared for either scenario.

I just hope they're not vague or neutral. I want sharp market movements today.

>League of Arabs arriving

I'm dying. This couldn't have been any more stereotypical.

you make a good argument - but i'm sure they won't ... they want taxes on shit already

They will follow US’s lead, so they will be bullish on cryptos but will want some regulation, most likely will cause a market pump. Close your shorts anons.

lol what happened?
arab delegation pulled up?

Add

- muh green finance that ends up subsidizing banks and fossil fuel anyway

europa.eu/rapid/press-release_SPEECH-18-961_en.htm

The anti-terrorism is the most pathetic one.
>need to ban crypto because it could in theory be used to fund terrorists
>have no problem importing said terrorists to european countries

Live now ec.europa.eu/avservices/ebs/live.cfm?page=1

The crypto thing coincided with the League of Arabs meeting in the EU. So lots of Abduls walking around.

Europe must endorse lets go

what did they say any quick rundown?

The peak state of EUcucks. I can't wait to make it and fuck off from this soon-to-be 3rd world shithole.

Fuck. It's just a repeat of this Nothing substantial was reached. EU bureaucracy at its best.

>The European Commission will continue to monitor the markets

yeah they got bags

They just repeated this More discussions before any conclusions can be made when it comes to combatting money laundering, etc.

thats great news!

They want to crack down on fraud and money laundering.

FUCK. I was sitting ready with 8 BTC on Bitmex ready to 25x short or long.

Why the fuck did they have to be vague and useless?

ec.europa.eu/avservices/ebs/live.cfm?page=1 Positive so far, especially since they're saying EU needs to get onto crypto to be at the front of it and also that blockchain will be big for financial sector.

They want regulation. Are you stupid?

Congrats, you just described the EU in a sentence.

lmfao nice

And. So does every other government. Who is going to stop them from trying? You?

How is that "positive"?
And besides, cryptocurrencies =/= blockchain.

i hit 100k market buy once i heard the guy's first sentence was neutral almost positive, you shoulda longed retard. We also just broke the falling wedge, youre still on time to long desu.

>cryptocurrencies =/= blockchain
This. Blockchain is pointless without tokenization.

They said blockchain and underlying cryptocurrencies (at least that is what I could make out, stream was fucking shit).
Anyway, wtf is so wrong with legitimizing crypto and inevitible regulation? What, do you think we're just going to get an endless stream of normies to dump our bags on every year? Eventually, this shit will have to grow up and play with the big boys on the world stage and prove itself to be actually useful, and actually usable and friendly to the general public. Unless you're into crypto for just the ideology, in which case you probably still want some of the above so you can get widespread adoption.

Are you retarded, of course it's gonna be regulated you Dingus, the sooner the better so all this bullshit FUD can end

All eyes on G20 I suppose.

28 Feb - 1 Mar: 1st Meeting of the Anti-Corruption Working Group

17 Mar - 18 Mar: 2nd Meeting of Finance and Central Bank Deputies

19 Mar - 20 Mar: 1st Meeting of Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors

20 Apr: 2nd Meeting of Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors

Anything else?
g20.org/en/calendar

coindesk.com/spanish-government-eyes-tax-benefits-crypto-companies/

nah not really since they dont specifically target crypto as the topic, it might not even get mentioned, i think we good to go now for the time being.

It's going to be a topic in March.
reuters.com/article/us-davos-meeting-bitcoin/g20-to-work-on-answer-to-bitcoin-risk-ecbs-coeure-idUSKBN1FF1CI
reuters.com/article/us-global-bitcoin-france-germany/france-germany-to-make-joint-bitcoin-regulation-proposal-at-g20-summit-idUSKBN1F728X

ah i see now, damn those france and german cucks always fucking everything up, but im confident japs and muricans will shut them down since theyre heavily in crypto. French and german cucks probably have no bags which is why theyre trying to shit on the parade.

THNX BASED EUROPEANS

Ark is French mate. France has the ultimate bags.

I TOLD YOU GUYS THIS WOULD HAPPEN
GET REKT TA RETARDS SAYING WERE GOING DOWN BEYOND 9K

They'll talk about it, but the measures won't be any more drastic than this >Exchanges with European clients will be forced to have AML/KYC procedures for EU clients to avoid money laundering

Easily bypassed by DEXs or simply using an American VPN for the people who might have something to hide. Anybody else remains unaffected.

This

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

WHO WITNESSED THAT ON BITMEX?

>Easily bypassed by DEXs
good luck trading for fiat on dex

Fucking insane

A fucking Pepe and Wojak image was used in the Sun? Or whatever newspaper that is? What the fuck???

What difference does it make if the exchanges where you cash out implements AML/KYC for EU clients?

The EU bank that you're sending the funds to already have those procedures in place. The AML/KYC procedure is simply being moved one step back in the cashout process.

As for regular exchanges where you don't cash out, a VPN is all that's needed. The EU can't force Binance to impose KYC/AML on American clients.

just made an easy 300% on a big long. I market sold around 70$ below the top, stupid button didnt worked twice.

>shorted from 9750 with 25x leverage before conference.
fucking always use stops user!

lol what a retard

Show yourself user who was talking shit about the upcoming EU meeting and called me a retard when I predicted word for word that EU is going full retard bull on blockchain technology.
I mean for fuck's sake they literally announced free money for startups around blockchain tech this year and you fucking fud artists were pissing your pants in joy at the thought of eu going off on regulations.
These retards can barely keep their eu shitshow from disintegrating and you think they have time to regulate something in its infant state ?

Fucking justd, go fuck yourselves larpers.

At least you're not this guy.

As usual, the EU will probably take its cues from the US, and today's meeting will probably end up like the US Senate hearings a few weeks back.

What that means is that nothing bad will come from this meaning. There won't be any major restrictions across the board for the major coins; if anything, they'll talk about cracking down on the tiny scam coins in order to protect your average investor, but that will be about it. They'll probably talk about blockchain technology and how it's essential that they protect and preserve it. The globalists are all on the same page with this stuff, and the US Senate hearing confirms that they are ready and prepared to tip their hand and show that they are in favor of this tech.

This bear market we've seen for the past week leading up to this meeting will vanish once people see that all of their fear and uncertainty was unfounded, and the markets will start their big recovery.

Exact same as us congress news. Bullish, support tech, watch icos closely and regulate icos

lol, the meeting already ended.