Hamburger Helper is comfy as fuck.

What's your favorite flavor?

Other urls found in this thread:

bettycrocker.com/products/Helper/Hamburger-Helper/Cheesy-Baked-Potato
youtube.com/watch?v=Bhvj2ps-jMk
soundcloud.com/hamburgerhelper
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tuna creamy broccoli

There's this cheeseburger one with potatoes instead of noodles and it was so fucking good. I got it once, went back for more and they don't have it now. I looked on amazon and it's not there either. I'm very depressed now and I'm starting to think it never existed in the first place

>unironically wasting money

bettycrocker.com/products/Helper/Hamburger-Helper/Cheesy-Baked-Potato

Was it this?

Yes, there's cum literally dripping down my leg right now

The cheeseburger was my favorite
But my biggest favorite dinner in a box was the tuna helper alfredo

the best without meat

These two are the undisputed kings of the Helper world.

Tuna cheesy pasta and stroganoff for beef

Mexican crunchy taco

Yes

I love Hamburger Helper, but I hate meat...yuck, disgusting, blech, who can stand that stuff?

So, I've come up with a method for making Hamburger Helper without the hamburger and it's really good, here's how I do it

I am also not fan of ground beef.

I use ground turkey instead.

Maybe you should try reading the thread before trying to meme. You just mis-memed.

Most Hamburger Helpers are trumped by Knorr sides mixed with seasoned ground beef.

To answer the question cheesy hashbrown.

classic, and tuna my nigga
this is the shit i ate after football practice
so many good memories

Cheeseburgers Mac w lots of extra Velveeta. Also stroganoff. I think my first thread on Veeky Forums was asking how to make hamburger helper better 7 years ago.

Cheesy hashbrowns. Too bad only one store in my area actually fucking carries it, and it's across town

Gelatin

Having subsisted on this sort of thing growing up, I maintain a soft spot for it.

Lasagna was always my go-to classic until it tasted like the recipe changed, then I went over to cheesy italian shells.

Bought a box out of nostalgia a few months ago, was the first time in..probably a decade, or close to it, made it with ground turkey. Wasn't great, but still good. Maybe i'll buy a box of lasagna sometime, see if it kept up.

Tomato basil penne

I don't know why but I love that one.

Why is this called hamburger helper when it looks like some kind of pasta bake?

cause you mostly just add ground beef to them - regardless of noodle type and/or seasoning you just add ground beef

the stroganoff just tastes like milky beef for me

my favorite is Beef Pasta.
I eat it once a month?

How do you use those?

SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO A NON-AMERICAN WHAT HAMBURGER HELPER IS

I DON'T FUCKING UNDERSTAND

It's when we come and liberate your shit tier 3rd world country.

Beef stroganoff by far.

They are packets of flavored sauce and noodles that you add hamburger or other meats to

Like ramen?

Yes it is essentially a less shitty ramen, but not soup based and you're instructed to add other shit to it

Hamburger isnt a meat

americans have this weird habit of calling ground beef hamburger
so it's a "helper" to make ground beef taste good i guess

Yes it is, sadly you live in a part of the world that does not matter. I see you speak English!

It's called "hamburger helper" because hamburger is a staple in American homes, and if you are thrifty or perhaps low income spreading it out in a cheap pasta dish would save you some money on meals, hence "helper"

>americans have this weird habit of calling ground beef hamburger
We call it "ground chuck/beef". It's only a hamburger if it's shaped like a patty.

It's a box that comes with everything you need to make a passable dinner except for the meat itself.
For a broke-ass college apartment it can't be beat

What is hamburger about it?

Then how the fuck is it related to a hamburger?

Because "hamburger" and "a hamburger" are different things in American English.

"hamburger" = short for "hamburger meat", aka ground beef. It's no different from when Brits call it "mince", which is short for "minced beef".

"a hamburger" = a sandwich consisting of a cooked ground patty on a bun with various other toppings added.

>Hamburger Helper is comfy
if you grew up in a trailer.

you gotta have the original.

A hamburger isnt a sandwich what the fuck

How is it not? It's meat and toppings between bread, that's the definition of a sandwich.

if you really hate meat, just use TVP
or maybe cubed tempeh
It's meat between two pieces of bread, what the fuck else is it supposed to be?
>hurr durr i'm 1%
News flash: You're not.

Hamburger meat = horse meat

>buns are bread
uhm ok

I had chili mac last night. It was a little bland.

I think I'm going to make this once a week until I have tried all the flavors.

>comfy
I am unclear on the definition of this word. I've seen it used often, and from the context of this post, I've inferred that it means disgusting trash unfit for consumption that poor American parents buy with food stamps to feed their failed abortions who later develop a nostalgia for it because malnourishment stunted their brain development.

lol that's not true!

Beef Pasta since my original favourite was discontinued.

Having a mother who actually cooked and did not go in for garbage tier convenience foods does not make me part of the 1%, though it would have been nice if it did. Growing up if dad came home from a day at the office and mom put something like Hamburger Helper on the table in front of him all hell would have broken loose. He worked hard so she never had to buy shit like that, and if she had he would have taken it as an insult.

What's the point of hamburger helper anyway? Is it actually any cheaper than just buying pasta, cheese, and meat or is it just a trick to make you waste money for "convenience"?

>a trick to make you waste money for "convenience"?
I always saw it as the mark of a lazy housewife who didn't give a fuck.

It's cheaper than buying good quality ingredients, that's for sure. But it's no cheaper than buying the equivalent of what's in the box.

Pretty much this.

Pasta $1.80
Cheese $2.50 brick

Yes it's cheaper to buy the boxes. I want that Mexican 4 cheese shit back.

Oh and milk, at best, is $1 for a little truemoo with 2 cups of milk. So add 50 cents to that.

And veg oil $3 and vegetables $2 for an onion and a green pepper, that is if you can balance the flavors right. I wouldn't recommend this step unless you're in need of more food.

>veg oil $3

what are you putting like an entire cup of oil in there or something?

Where I live the cheap pasta is a buck a pound, and a pound is 6-8 servings. An onion and a green pepper barely break a dollar, and the amount of oil you'd use to cook them is pennies.

This is typical poor people thinking, though. Spend as little money as possible at any given moment, even if it means over the course of a month you're spending much more than you would otherwise. If you just bought ingredients and cooked with them (instead of letting them go bad in your fridge because you're too lazy) your per meal cost would be less than Hamburger Helper and you'd be eating better tasting food. But in order to do that you do have to lay out the initial cost of stocking your pantry with things that will be used over the course of several weeks, instead of individual boxes you just dump into ground meat and call it dinner.

step aside plebs

This. And I'm wondering why anyone is even bothering to discuss the cost of the oil--it's not as if the hamburger helper package contains oil. You still need to buy the oil separately even if you do use that boxed crap.

Oh! Thanks. I was confused by the "hamburguer" part of the name. I though it was som sort of powder you mix into the hamburguer putty to make flavored hamburguers or something.

It looks práctica, maybe too "artificial" for me.

You sure love pre done stuf in the USA...

> $3 for vegetable oil
That's more than the cost of an entire bottle of vegetable oil. You should slow down on the oil consumption, m8.

There's a local place that actually has Hamburger Helper on the menu.

>paying extra for someone to make you a boxed meal
HAHAHAHA OMG XDD I CANT BREATH

>You sure love pre done stuf in the USA
That kind of shit was heavily marketed in the second half of the 20th Century. Industrialized food production meets modern advertising. Many who grew up with it love it in a nostalgic sort of way. But it is seen as trashy, poor people food (even though it's not as cheap as actually cooking).

I like the salt and fat flavor.

Really, it's just pasta and meat with a thick salt-flavored sauce. It makes lazy people think they know how to cook.

It's a box with a pre-packaged packet of pasta, and a "flavor packet" of a powdery substance that mostly contains a mixture of salt, sugar, corn starch, and food coloring.

Still better than the trash europoors and asian rat eaters eat

Damn, I gotta try this now.

Those bowls are too full

>nobody linked the mixtape
soundcloud.com/hamburgerhelper

Is this fucking real

grew up forced to eat this

not comfy. not comfy at all.

either cheeseburger mac or beef stroganoff. There is no discussion, and the new "deluxe" ones are fucking terrible

>comfy
>using comfy to describe tastes

>he's never heard of the term comfort food, a common culinary term, yet posts on a food and cooking board

"Comfort food" and "Comfy" aren't synonymous, retard. One is a term describing common childhood meals that people feel at ease when they eat, and comfy is some /v/ meme which is as subjective and useless as "feels".

Comfy MEANS comfortable you retard, it's a shortened version of the word. When somebody says something is "comfy" it means they think something makes them comfortable and it wasn't invented by fucking Veeky Forums, it's been used by small children, cutesy girls, and old ladies for fucking centuries. People like you are autistic, or foreign, because you really don't grasp how language and slang work.

I fucking hate foreigners and autistic people.

Are YOU retarded? I know comfy is a real word, I'm saying it's used as a fucking meme on Veeky Forums on the same level as "feels".

>Hamburger Helper
>English Muffin Pizzas

Did Jack open a restaurant?

>foreigners
Protip: The internet is a global network.

>Did Jack open a restaurant?
Are you trying to be fucking funny?

>I fucking hate foreigners and autistic people.
>Proceeds to post an incomprehensible, autistic, spastic outburst.
Seek help, mongchild.

I tried Cheesy Italian today. I'd never had it before. Was good.

Yes, you are agreeing that the average Veeky Forums retard that spouts shit tier reddit memes like "lol so comfy af m8090!" is at a similar level mentally to small children, "cutesy" girls, and old ladies.

I'm glad you agree, user.

>day at the office
>worked hard
Your dad was a pussy who got by making copies and licking boots. Your mom should have left him for a real man.

It means they like it but have no actual reasons why.

Stroganoff or enchilada. don't make it that often because my spouse grew up eating it several times a week and doesn't like it so much. it was a treat for us because my mom sucked at cooking for a long time. comfy as fuck indeed but i feel like a lazy shit when i make it

I knew hamburger helper was a thing that existed but I always imagined like a spice mix or pre-packaged beef patty not some shitty pre-made pasta.

but hamburger meat isn't mince, it has more ingredients. mince doesn't stay in shape at all when cooked. you need to add eggs at the very least to make patties. and onions and spices if you want some actual flavor.

My bro made me the stroganoff once and I legit vomited that shit down the sink

shitty meal desu, the plain jane cheese and shells isn't too bad though

It's a seasoning pack and dried pasta. That's it.