Teach me how to make a beautiful cheesecake. I spent $55 on ingredients just to have it crack

Teach me how to make a beautiful cheesecake. I spent $55 on ingredients just to have it crack.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HbaP5MoLIHk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you should have cooled it in the springform baby.

Follow this exactly, OP.
youtube.com/watch?v=HbaP5MoLIHk

looks tasty still, but you should be perfecting your recipe with practice ingredients, not presentation ones.

I've read this post about six or seven times and it makes less sense every time

OP here. I understood what you meant. What are some examples of "practice" ingredients and "presentation" ones

Dish looks tasty
But perfect your recipes with cheap "practice" ingredients
Not expensive "presentation" ones

For cheesecake I'd say just lower-quality versions of what you used. "Great value" generic shit that will let you practice techniques and you can buy the materials to make the same dish many times over compared to the expensive versions you will eventually serve to others.

black don't crack

...why didn't you make a cheesecake frosting for the top though?

What the fuck did you put in it that cost $55?

I could see maybe $15, but how did you get to $55?

Had to buy 5 individual 8oz bars of cream cheese (couldn't find anything bigger). A huge tub of Nutella. Some sugar, cornstarch, whipping cream, vanilla extract. I don't normally bake, so I didn't just have the ingredients laying around.

I never put constarch in my baked cheesecakes and mine never crack

did you use a waterbath?
also you don't need nutella in your cheesecake you faggot

nutella???

When I made my chocolate cheese cake I used cocoa powder, and baking chocolate. It came out really good.

cooking with doge is my favorite channel

gonna give you my rundown okay for my honest to god never crack cheesecake recipe

1: WATER BATH ALWAYS
2: let your eggs and cream cheese come THOROUGHLY to room temp before you start mixing ( I give mine ~2 hours before I start mixing)

did you use a water bath? were all of your ingredients (cream cheese, eggs etc) at room temperature before you got started? did you leave it to cool in the oven in the springform pan for several hours afterwards?

>nutella

i guess your reading comprehension is terrible then

cooked too long, cooled too fast

negro

>cooked first cheesecake ever using foodwishes recipe
>came out perfect, everyone loved it
>spent maybe 10 bucks
>didn't crack, solid and beautiful
>now cook that same recipe for birthdays on request
>gitgud

seriously just use the foodwishes recipe, it's simple and tells you how to make sure it doesn't crack

This is why whipped cream exists, sweetie :^)

>crack.

That's why Jebus invented stabilized whipped cream. Pipe it on the top. Stop whining.

my nigga

also used chef johns recipe my first few times

>$55 on ingredients
How?

See

It cracks because the temperature difference between the outside and middle is too high, either heating too quick or cooling too quick. Cook it in a water bath and let it finish cooking in a turned off oven. behold my shitty cheesecake

I can't see anything, is it hiding behind the blurry thing?

>he coocks his cheesecake

lol what a pleb, there's no need to cook them m8

There is a need to cook them if you don't want them to suck. The no-bake ones don't taste anywhere near as good as the baked ones do.

my results only a few weeks ago. Chef John is the best

your shit cracked though don't lie

I'm a cook by trade (and not a baker), so when I was given the duty of covering the baker's shift for a week I was a bit nervous. Remote area, so no internet access, and I had left most of my cookbooks at home. There was a copy of The Joy of Cooking available. I followed the recipe to a T and it came out perfect. I remember part of it involved running the eggs through a chinois or strainer to get rid of the chalaza (the part of the egg that connects the yolk to the membrane).
Pretty sure the cracks come from improper cooling. They can't go from hot to cold too quickly. If I remember correctly, NY cheesecake gets cooled in the oven (oven turned off). Anyways, look into that.

>Nutella
the fuck is wrong with you

FILL WITH THE GAP PUT IT IN LIKE A ACTUAL GOOD BERRY JAM OR SOMETHING MAYBE BLUEBERRIES OR SOMETHING OR SOME DIFFERENT SORT OF CHOCOLATE MAYBE MELT SOME WHITE CHCOLATE AND POUR IT IN

THANKS532

looks time-travelicious to me

It was for my brother's boyfriend's birthday. He specifically requested a Nutella cheesecake. It didn't taste half bad though. Little bit too rich.

Fuck off numb nutz.
No bake cheese cake is bullshit

I love his puns!

Professional baker here: I've never had a cheesecake crack in the center out of the thousands I've made. Cook it in a water bath. I don't bother letting them cool in the oven, I put them straight in the freezer and never have any issues. I guess if one were to crack I'd just glaze the top with chocolate or something like that.

>a little bit too rich
its a cheesecake. its going to be rich

>brother's boyfriend

I bet your father is proud that the family name will die with your brother. =/

here's my retarded solution to cracked cheesecaek:

1. fuck off with that graham cracker shit
2. if cheesecake cracks, flip upside-down
3. wa la!

I should specify. The chocolate was a little too rich.

I know there's more than one poster in Veeky Forums but i still have a feeling like there's especially one guy making continous movie references and getting all the ones posted by other anons. Or i'm just slowly losing my sanity.

Read more about it, cook different recipes and cook them alot, You won't nail every recipe without putting in any effort, its not your mum after all.