Potatoes

poorfag here Veeky Forums

i always end up buying one of these whenever i go shopping because it's so much food for so damn cheap, but i'm never able to get through all of it before they go bad. what are some of the best easy recipes to get the most out of potatoes?

You don't have a freezer?

the thought never occurred to me. i never said i was clever. but also i share a refrigerator/freezer with roommates and there's rarely enough room

>hey, roommate, would you like some potatoes? i won't be able to eat this whole bag by myself before it goes bad

salt helps

Make some shitty vodka, cyka.

okay thanks

lol i guess i could try this

OP make bulk foods, like mashed potatoes or gnocchi. freeze the mashed potatoes and preserve the gnocchi accordingly

this

also you could make a ton of chips or potato bread

YO I think this is a potato but I'm not sure so I'll put it in your potato thread. What is this big tuber thing I have. Its white inside.

Oven fries are easy as fuck to make. Just wash, and cut the potatoes, ad a bit of oil, and bake them.

das a potato mang

looks like a white sweet potato
my grandma used to cut these into slices and bake them with butter and brown sugar on each slice for thanksgiving instead of what people usually think of as holiday sweet potatoes
dank af

Yo thats what it is, thanks. I'm going to try this tonight because I had no idea how to cook it either

What's Veeky Forumsolds best potato salad recipes?

Curry

Potatoes
White onions
Carrots
Peas

plant a few?

don't just fucking stick potatoes in the freezer

why are you all so retarded?

Swiss Rosti
Stick of butter, like 5 potatoes, cut them into rings or shreds, melt the butter and mix in some salt/whatever you like, put them in a pan, cook them until golden, and then put it in the oven for like 16 mins

It takes a while to panfry potatoes, but it's not very high maintenance. You can cook something else at the same time.

Wash, cut into small/medium size cubes, fry with salt and pepper. High heat at first to get them crispy (takes some experience), then medium heat to cook them through.

They come out even better if you parboil the potatoes first, then drain them and fry after.