Jamaican Food

So I was just having a root around Wikipedia as I'm bored as fuck and came across the page for Jamaican cuisine.

Jerk, Jamaican patties and coco bread sound God tier.

Anybody here ever been there and tried it out? Is it as good as it sounds?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Wynn_Miller
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Anybody here ever been there and tried it out?
Just go to your local Jamaican restaurant

>Is it as good as it sounds?
Most likely

>Tfw going to get some curried goat for lunch today.

feels good bros

>Just go to your local Jamaican restaurant

i dont even think such a place exists in my country.

Decent Jamaican population near me so I've had a bunch of the food, the patties are excellent. Just prepare yourself in case that particular place/family makes it more on the spicy side, they can be supernova hot which has surprised the hell out of me before.

Look for frozen patties at the grocery store, they're fairly common here. I used to eat them a few years back.

patties and coco bread are shit. jerk can be very good. jamaican food is in general a lot more shitty and boring than jamaicans pretend it is.

Jamaica got a good bbq scene. Find a place that have got an absolutely banging jerk recipe and nvr look bk. Fried plantains are good shit.

When I was younger and thought it was really "deck" to hang out in shit neighborhoods, I'd go to Golden Krust and eat their junk food on a regular basis

It's pretty good if you haven't eaten anything all day because you're broke

I wouldn't consider it a "bucket list" item though

>Fried plantains are good shit.

no they aren't

they're a waste of mouth effort

they fucking suck

had some authentic jerk chicken cooked in an oil drum at jamaican independence day in london, was some of the best chicken i've ever eaten

>mouth effort
Are feeling quite well?

the more i chew the more i feel i'm being taken advantage of

the more i swallow the more i think of all the good foods that could be moving through my digestive system right now

Is your shift key broken?

>Jamaican patties
hit up any corner store in your closest city fool.

Those beef patties are pretty damn good to eat when you're stoned. Jerk's a'ight too, but I don't know how coco bread tastes imho fampai.

No just go to a restaurant with verified authenticity,
>Is it as good as it sounds?
Depends on who you get it from. I've had good and very bad jerk. However note that the food is very fatty, especially oxtail since its one of the highest gelatin concentrated meats, because it works with the very hot temperatures Jamaica gets year round so definitely moderate how much of the stuff you eat or try some recipes out yourself.

Also patties while delicious are almost pure carbs so treat it as a dessert in a way.

One of my most memorable meals was a trip to the Pork Pit in Montego Bay during Sunsplash '90. (Yes, I'm old). The thyme and allspice taste on the meat was stoked up by it being smoked over allspice wood. (The call allspice "pimento".)

The cuisine has a number of standout dishes like curry goat, ackee and salt fish, calaloo, rundown soup, rice and peas, oxtails and escovitch fish. Beef patties are good, too, but they're like the Jamaican equivalent of pizza.

At the end of the day it's not the most varied cuisine, nor one you'd want to immerse yourself in if you didn't grow up with it. But it is delicious. I live a few miles from a West Indian neighborhood, and enjoy eating there every now and then.

Some of my best memories as a 15 year old on summer break are of me wandering stoned into the kitchen at 2 in the morning and microwaving some beef patties and eating them with pickapeppa sauce while watching Weeds on Netflix. I miss my youth.

no you fucking cunt, capitalisation is an unimportant orthographical convention and i don't care to use it in a context this degenerate

I actually only recently found out that crackpot right wing internet crazies actually have their own form of English:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Wynn_Miller

And a tendency to use redundant quotation marks.

>degenerate
Go back to Syria, Mahmoud.

It all tastes like shit unless you're stoned.
It's amazing when you're stoned, but then so is everything else.

They're only good as cafeteria food for kids in elementary school and when you're high. I'd take a burger over it any day. Aside from that I think their food resembles Indian curries a lot.

>~8 FOR THE PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET-EARTH ARE WITH THIS NEEDING-CLAIM OF THE CLOSURE/COVERY/LIVERY OF THIS QUANTUM-MATH-COMMUNICATIONS WITH THE KNOWLEDGE-VOID OF THE COMMUNICATION-CLOSURES WITH THE FICTION-MODIFICATIONS OF ALL COMMUNICATIONS WITH THESE 250-MAJOR-FICTIONAL-LANGUAGE-COMMUNICATIONS.
This is some timecube level shit

The journals in Se7en were more coherent.

>patties while delicious are almost pure carbs

uh...no?

i just microwaved one this morning and poured chipotle sauce on it. Ja Man!

Tastes like dog food filling you nigger.

Thanks for the opinions guys, just discovered there's a few Jamaican places in the CBD. I'll have to check them out next time I'm out that way.

I can't say fried plantain sounds up my alley though I must say

respect oldfag

Plantain is really good