Lately it seems like everyone is talking about the new luxury beer. Has anyone tried it though? Was it worth it...

Lately it seems like everyone is talking about the new luxury beer. Has anyone tried it though? Was it worth it? My friend dropped a stack of cash on some and he keeps trying to force me to taste it. He says I'm drinking pee-pee and I won't go back once I've learned to handle a man's milk.

I'm not in the south so I can buy it any time I want, BTW

Money is no object I just don't want to get ripped off and hate it

why would you not just taste it when your friend offered?

standard shitty beer is a very indoctrinated, religious thing for most people. People will order bud light at a craft beer bar when it's literally the same price as bunch of other light abv local craft beers. I don't even really care anymore myself, just find it funny.

fat tire is just a regular Amber

the fuck is can conditioning?

>the new luxury beer.
This shit has been around since the dinosaurs, how is it new?

If you want a good beer get pic related.

It's like bottle conditioning, but in a can

>fat tire
>luxury
nah m8e

so there's a bunch of yeast at the bottom of the can?

Looks tasty

I just want a luxury lager goddamn

>koning ludwig

arguably the GOAT summertime beer

Maybe it's because shitty craft brewers are turning every style into IPAs. I've had mother fucking pilsners that were hopped up and bitter. HOPPY FUCKING PILSNERS. Why take the gamble and possibly end up with some shitty American hopbomb bullshit. The Germans, Czechs, and Belgians have been brewing amazing beer for centuries. I'll stick to them over some bearded hipster asshole's "new, creative spin" on brown ale with 150 IBU

Pilsners should have a hop bite to them.

This is wrong. Let me guess: you've never had an imported Pilsner before.

I have, and fresh ones have a hop bite to them on the finish you idiot.

Until the last few years, americans have had a hard time getting imports that weren't in terrible shape from sloppy shipping

The importers seem to have stepped up their game, probably in response to plummeting sales as US consumers switch to domestics that don't taste like shit from sitting in an overheated shipping container for 6 months

Lots of folks won't be going back, though. The cost of shipping still means that imports aren't cost competitive

Good thing I'm not poor. Lol.

>new luxury beer
Is it 1985 again?

Que cerveza

I can pretty much guarantee that fat tire isn't refermented/carbonated in the can. in this case, "can conditioned" means nothing.

please stop posting this "all american IPAs are bitter hop bombs meme"

it's cool. you're obsessed with america. stop shitting up beer threads.

Stop buying beer from the West Coast. Problem solved.

I'm from Colorado, you fucking retard. It's not obsession, it's annoyance at market saturation

There is some chemical in some brands of beer that's also in most craft beers that I hate. To me it just tastes really soapy but most people don't nottice at all.
I had German and Irish craft beer at fairs and I loved them tho

This happens in every beer thread. There's a guy from wisconsin who has a weird hate boner for the west coast, anyone who doesn't share his exact point of view on all topics is automatically from either california or europe

>Luxury hillbilly pisswater

Yeah dude, go for it.

so you're from one of the most beer-saturated states in the country and you still don't know anything about beer? please stop posting. you are making Veeky Forums worse.

dear WIDF, when you get mod status you can start censoring points of view that are inconvenient

until then, you'll have to deal

I know exactly what I'm talking about. The American craft beer scene is obsessed with overly hopping every single style they make, without even getting to the abortions that are IPAs and APAs. I've had hoppy stouts before. It's retarded.

Coors is pretty bad beer. It's not hard to do better.

are you living in 2008? trends have been shifting away from the 100IBU hop-bombs for literally a decade. new and bad brewers might be still making these, but for every overly bitter IPA/APA, there are dozens of different beers made.

we get it. you don't like the style. not many people do. thats why brewers aren't making as many of them as they might have been when arrogant bastard was king. eat shit.

>assburgers intensifies
we get it, you have an opinion

fat tire is sold in fucking 7/11 for 8 bucks a 6 pack in texas. not that fancy

>damage control

How do you know when someone is from Texas?

Don't worry they'll tell you.

We've had fat tire in Georgia for a long time now. I think its awful. As I sweet water and red hare.

Op... "luxury beer" --> fucking kill yourself

don't make me post the spreadsheet

>2015

Did you miss the part where I said the hop obsession has bled over to other styles? It's like The Emporer's New Clothes.

Fat tire is babies first "craft beer"

fat tire is my least favorite beer ever. i would rather have a macrobrew honestly.

where do you live?

local stuff really does typically taste better...

So anytime anyone points out that not all american beer is west coast style IPA they are the same guy and from Wisconsin?

If you're like me, and you prefer simple, balanced, no-nonsense beers without Russian Double Imperial Organic Chocolate/Quadruple Hop Master IPA gimmicks, then you will like this beer a lot.

It's balanced; mostly malty with just a touch of hops for balance. It's in the same category for me as Anchor Steam, or a really good German Pilsner: nothing to analyze and dissect (not for the "connoisseurs" of beer snobbery), but really damn good.

If it's been getting a lot of press recently then I'm not surprised normies love it so much; it's miles better than the watery Bud-Miller-Coors they drink on a daily basis, but it's also not really intense or demanding.

Op is a fag.

Try some Hitachinos Nest if you can find it. It's expensive ($5.50 at my store) but is worth it. And the bottles look cool on a shelf..

You've been living under a rock. Maltbombs are up and coming over hopbombs.

Pilsner Urquell, the original fucking pilsner, has some hop bite to it.

Luxury beer from Belgium, brewed in the US.
Best brewery in America. Everyone else is tacky flyover shit.

Nigga even Münchner Hofbrau has fucking hop bite in it.

>Everyone else is tacky flyover shit.

t.hophead

Belgium is the flyover of europe

Most kawaii brewery in existence.

>Until the last few years, americans have had a hard time getting imports

Not here. Let me guess, you're from that one state state that forces 3.5 ABV% by law?

Just the same I enjoy local craft more than most imports honestly.

>new

I've been drinking that shit for 20 years.

David spade was a funny llama, don't try and bring him into this.

>money is no object
>but I refuse to just buy a can/bottle and figure it out for myself
>I don't want to get ripped off
>but refuse to try a drink when my friend offers for free

kys/fuck off/do you even lift/cool story, etc.

t. too drunk to finish the sentence

It means it will give you the shits.

>this awful, obvious bait has 60 replies
what the actual fuck is wrong with you retards?
jesus fucking christ

Most of their stuff is pretty average but White Ale is GOAT. Need to get myself a case before summer ends. XH is good too.

OP HERE, MY PARENTS MAKE $84,000